When creating materials for our 3D models, one of the most valuable resources are dirt masks that allow us to add details such as scratches, finger prints spots and variation to achieve more realistic materials, but it is difficult to find high resolution textures where smaller features such as cracks and scratches keep all their detail.
In this pack you will find 239 seamless textures of4Kand 8K(depending on the size of the details) divided into categories ready to use in creating materials with any render engine.
- With this type of masks you can add variation or randomness to all types of materials, from changes in the diffuse to mix several colors, or to add dirt to variations in glossiness or reflect, to produce more interesting specular.
- This type of maps are the cornerstone of The creation of any material.
- This type of textures are ideal if we want to add small variations in the reflections of our glass or metallic materials, helping us to create the illusion that someone has used these objects.
- One of the keys to success when using this type of maps is the subtlety, too marked effects can go wrong and worsen our images, but used in their proper measure, are excellent for increasing the realism of our materials.
- Thanks to the high resolution of these scratch maps you can include details in your materials that would otherwise be very difficult to achieve, such as small imperfections on the surface of the varnishes, paint chips on the most complex metallic or specular surfaces.
Dust is often responsible for the visual appearance of lots of materials, with these textures you can simulate its effect on all types of surfaces.
Thanks to the high resolution of the textures the tiny details of the dust are perfectly preserved in these masks. This type of masks or “alphas” are very useful to simulate effects such as water puddles, roughness, high frequency reliefs, etc.
They can also be helpful when mixing several maps or materials or when distributing items with some software “scatter”.
In this category you will find textures that are not directly dirt masks, but I think is important to include them in this pack as 8K masks to simulate “Flakes” in car paint, in the snow, normal maps for carbon fiber, and others.
All the textures are 100% seamless or borderless, which allows us to repeat our masks without danger of seams or edges marked in our material.