Here is a list of best free laser engraving software for Windows.
Laser engraving is a process that uses a laser beam to leave marks or engrave designs over a material.
Nowadays, you can find many laser engraving machines to engrave designs over different materials.
On the other hand, there are only a few free laser engraver software that can instruct laser engraving machines to engrave the desired design.
- I have created this list of all laser engraver software that you get for free.
- Through these software, you can easily convert a predefined design to a laser engraver supported format like LazerCut (LZR), Plotter File, etc.
- To load a predefined design to these software, you can import PNG, JPG, BMP, AI, DXF, GIF, LRF, etc., file formats.
- In some software, you can even create a design from scratch using tools like Node, Line, Curve, Shapes, etc.
- Using designing tools, you can also make modifications to predefined designs.
Besides this, some software also let you change the design scaling, design orientation, and position before starting the engraving process.
- These software also let you add specific instructions for the machine like engraving unit, material type, laser intensity, etc.
- After finalizing a design, you can directly instruct a laser engraving machine or export design in LRF and PLT formats.
- Go through the list to know more about these software.
- LaserGRBL is my favorite software because it lets you quickly engrave a predefined design over a material of your choice.
You can also check out lists of best free 3D Printing, CAM, and Coupon Template Maker software for Windows.
LaserGRBL is a free laser engraving software for Windows.
Through this software, you quickly engrave predefined designs.
To import predefined designed, you can use its Open File option that supports GCODE file, Raster Images (JPG, PNG, BMP, etc.), and Vector Images (SVG, EPS, etc.).
- As soon as you load design in it, you can view its engraving pattern on the main interface of this software.
- If you want to make slight changes to the design, then you need to manually edit the Gcode of the design.
- Before starting the engraving process, you can change the position and size of the design using available tools.
- Now, check out the main features of this laser engraving software. Connection: This software can directly instruct a laser engraving machine to engrave a design.
- To do that, you need to first connect this software with a laser engraving machine by proving the COM port number to this software.
- After that, specify the Baud range to set the laser intensity.
Lastly, press the Connect button to establish a connection with the laser engraver machine. Import: Using the Open File option, you can easily import Gcode files, raster images, and vector images to enter a design to this software.
According to the input design, this software generates an engraving pattern that you can view on its interface.
Material DB: It contains information about a large set of materials on which you can engrave such as Craft Paper, Plywood, Stainless Steel.