This is Top 3D Blog with another informative addition on the rapidly changing world of FDM 3D printing.
In this article, we are going to review the Anycubic Mega Pro, a powerful and affordable 2-in-1 solution that can operate both as a 3D printer and a laser engraver.
- As always, we’ll provide you with a thorough description of the device, highlight its pros and cons, and show some of the use cases.
- Let’s dive right in. Source: anycubic.com.
- Anycubic is a Shenzhen-based additive manufacturing company that was founded in 2015 by two childhood friends that decided to give their ambitious 3D printing startup idea a go.
- As a result, the company has been recognized as one of the largest and most successful Chinese manufacturers that had ever entered the global additive manufacturing market.
- Trusted by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide, the company’s workflow is powered by more than two hundred employees that specialize in the production of 3D printing equipment and the integration of cutting-edge solutions.
- Source: anycubic.com. The most important feature of the Anycubic Mega Pro is its powerful 1.5W laser engraving head.
- Replace your standard print head with a laser engraving one and turn your 3D printer into a laser engraver that can easily engrave on wood, paper, fabric, textiles, and leather.
- Creating an affordable 2-in-1 machine was an incredibly smart move since the current additive manufacturing market offers a dozen multifunctional 3-in-1 devices that combine a 3D printer, a laser engraver, and a CNC milling machine.
- Unlike the Mega Pro, such machines come at a rather hefty price tag and oftentimes offer an inferior build volume.
- Source: anycubic.com. Just like its predecessors, the Anycubic Mega Pro offers everything required for a smooth printing experience, namely:.
- Reliable all-metal frame;. State-of-the-art print bed;.
- Solid build volume;. Filament run-out sensor.
- Aside from the above-mentioned features, the device offers a plethora of improvements, such as:.
Laser engraving head. Source: anycubic.com.
- Equip the print head with the laser engraving module, connect it to the corresponding socket, and voila, your 3D printer is now a laser engraver.
- Double gear extruder. Source: anycubic.com.
- The Mega Pro has been equipped with a Bondtech dual drive extruder offering improved torque and optimized path orientation for a more precise and consistent 3D printing without filament slips.
- Multi-color 3D printing. Source: anycubic.com.
- Not your typical multi-color printing per se, the machine allows you to stop printing at a specific layer, manually replace the filament during the pause, and proceed to print with another color.
- You can pause the device for filament replacement up to 6 times in a single printing session.
- TMC2208 stepper motor drivers. Equipped with high-quality TMC2208 stepper motor drivers, the Anycubic Mega Pro boasts improved printing accuracy and ultra-quiet operation.
Upgraded leveling knobs. Source: anycubic.com. Another great improvement that the community has been asking for are the upgraded leveling knobs.
Assisted bed leveling . Source: anycubic.com. The printer's newly-introduced smart calibration system locates all the necessary leveling points and assists the user during the calibration process. Source: youtube.com. Technology: FDM.