I own a Anycubic Mega Pro.
I purchased this 3d printer and was very excited to use it.
Not only did I buy it for the printing properties, it has the ability to laser engrave.
It has an adaptable 1500mW laser that is a simple plug and play.
- There were crystal clear instructions for the printing part, but no one had made or discovered software that fit with the laser.
- The hardest part about the laser is the file.
- The machine will only read .bmp, which made it very challenging.
- I soon found that if I used Paint 3d, the application would export the .bmp files.
- The only issue is that the compatibly was very low and never saw the chance to expand it’s self.
Further down the road, I was trying to learn more about this machine and its properties one day and discovered a website call ImagR.
- This was a break through.
- When I imported images into Paint 3d, they were to ONLY be black and white symbols and text.
- With the ImagR, I have full-blown images that now allow the laser to fluctuate in power for shading purposes and unlock new possibilities.
- I use for 90% of my work now and am so happy that I discovered it.
But it not what I wanted.
I want to physically cut out objects with straight lines.
When I engrave my images now, it is only a back and fourth movement; progressively getting lower.
I looked long and hard and found Lightburn.
- And there are issues that I am having.
- I cannot connect my machine no matter how hard I’ve tried.
- As I said before, the machine only reads .bmp and would like to know how to extract it in that format.
- I’ve read the other suggestions on here too about how to get the “Gcode” running properly. Some of that help would be great too.
- I bought the subscription and I don’t want it to go to waste.
- I am here writhing this for you asking for help.
Sorry for the long story. Thank you for your time.
I’ve provide some screenshots for some reference.
Thank you again,.