Check your sound settings
First, disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports on your Mac.
Wavepad Free Sound Creation for Mac v.5.60. WavePad is audio editing software for Mac OS X. This program lets you make and edit voice, music and other audio recordings. You can cut, copy and paste parts of recording and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. File Name:wavepadmaci.zip.
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
- If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
- If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.
Jul 05, 2021 • Filed to: Windows Computer Solutions • Proven solutions
Using Windows 10 on a Mac computer is easy than most people give it credit. Then again, it doesn't mean that that it doesn't come with particular problems of its own. Sometimes boot camping Windows 10 on the Mac computer could result in audio or sound issues. However, there are multiple methods to solve it, and we will show you four of them in our guide.
Bootcamp Windows 10 No Sound. How to Fix It?
Apple allows its users to install Windows 10 if they feel like using the operating system through a utility called Boot Camp. It conveniently lets the users switch between macOS and Windows, which is not available on a Windows PC. Though sometimes, this sudden switch of the operating system could result in specific hardware issues within the Mac, such as the sound problem. However, the Boot Camp no sound problem could be easily solved with the four methods listed below, and we will discuss all of them in our guide.
Method 1. Update to the Latest Version of Boot Camp:
You may very well have an outdated version of Boot Camp installed on the Mac computer that could be causing the inability of the device to produce sound. It is wise to install the latest version of Boot Camp on the system, and here is the method to do that:
- From the Apple official website, go to Boot Camp Support and click on 'Downloads;'
- Find the latest version of Boot Camp and click on 'Download;'
- Now follow all the instructions stated with the interface of the Boot Camp utility and finish the installation;
- Restart your Mac computer once the installation is done.
Method 2: Install the Newest Version of your Audio Drivers:
If the sound on your Mac isn't working, then it may very well be due to the outdated version of your Mac's audio driver. You can fix the issue by quickly installing the latest version of the audio driver by following the instructions stated below:
- Open the Windows OS on your Mac and open the default browser;
- Go to Apple Support and search 'Downloads' from the search bar;
- From the 'Downloads' page, type 'Boot Camp Audio Driver' from the search bar;
- Click on the driver for Windows and download it;
- Locate the driver on your Mac and install it by following the built-in instructions;
- Restart your Mac after that.
Method 3: Download and Install the Latest Realtek Drivers:
Realtek is a convenient sound enabling company that helps in providing drivers for your Mac and Windows. The recent switch to the Windows OS on the Mac could disrupt the performance of the driver, and you would have to download and install the latest Realtek Driver on your Mac. Here is the method:
- Learn some information regarding the Realtek driver from the device manager of Windows before going to the Realtek Download Center from your browser;
- Type 'Drivers' on the search bar and enter;
- Locate the intended Realtek driver for your Mac and click on the 'Software' tab in front of the driver and download it;
- From your Mac, locate the driver, install it by following the instructions along the way;
- Restart the Mac system.
Method 4: Repair the Boot Camp Drivers:
There is a chance that the drivers of Boot Camp may be faulty. Despite, all of that, you could quickly fix the drivers by following the steps below:
- Boot into the Windows OS from your Mac and insert the Mac OS installation disk;
- Open the disk's folder and locate the Boot Camp folder;
- Double-click on 'setup.exe' and click on 'Repair' to initiate the process of repairing;
- Once the repair is done, restart your Mac and check whether the sound is working or not!
Recover Lost Data in Windows 10 with Recoverit:
It doesn't matter if you are using Windows OS on a conventional PC or the Mac computer, if your data has been accidentally erased, then it can be recovered with Recoverit Data Recovery software.
The application can work around more than 1000+ different kinds of files and formats and recover them. It also reads data from every type of file support format, including NTFS, FAT, HFS+, and APFS. By following three quick steps, you will be back to using lost data on your system within a few minutes.
Recoverit Data Recovery - The Best File Recovery Software
- Recover corrupted files from the computer, USB hard drive, memory card effectively, safely, and completely.
- Supports to restore corrupted files and loss due to virus attack, the program crashes or computer loses power.
- Recover any data and file types with a high success rate and without any quality loss.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.13, macOS 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step 1. Select a location:
Run Recoverit on your Mac computer with whatever operating system(macOS/Windows) you are using. Select the preferred folder or disk and hit 'Start.'
Step 2. Scan the location:
The scan will not take long, but if you feel the urge to the recovered data beforehand, Recoverit offers the Pause and Stop button to halt the scanning process so that you can check your files. The interface will notify you of the successful scan with a pop-up message.
Step 3. Preview and recover files:
The retrieved data will be laid out under the following categories:
- File Type;
- File Path.
From there, you will be able to select the files both individually and collectively before hitting the 'Recover' button to store them anywhere you like permanently!
Much like humans, machines can take a while to adjust to new surroundings. The same is the case with the audio drivers of the Mac when you switch the OS from macOS to Windows. However, as we learned in the article, no issue is too big, and one could solve the problem with any of the four methods we have discussed in this guide. Data loss can also occur under such circumstances, but you can recover every last bit with the Recoverit data recovery tool.
Feel free to share this guide amongst family and peers, especially if they are looking to use Windows on their Mac computer.
Computer Data Recovery
Mac Audio Driver Download
- Windows PE
- System problems
- PC Errors