For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of ten various battery powered generator for house brand possibilities that we’ve examined and researched in order to assist you in making an informed decision.
10 battery powered generator for house: Editor Recommended
|1||A-iPower SUA12000E 12000 Watt Portable…|
Generator-Review.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
|2||DuroMax XP4400E Gas Powered Portable…|
Imagine you want to go on a camping trip, but you have a few tasks that you will need to complete while you are on your trip.
|3||Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen7500…|
Or imagine there’s a possibility of a power outage for the whole day, and you have no idea what you will do without the battery on your phone or the fresh pot of coffee in the morning.
|4||【2021 Newest】RunningSnail Emergency Crank Radio，4000mAh-Solar…|
Instead of going through that, if you had a battery-operated generator ready and charged to help you out during this situation, your life would get a lot easier.
|5||200W Peak Portable Power Station,…|
And to make it even easier for you, we have done market research and prepared a list of the best battery-powered generators for you.
|6||250Wh Portable Power Station, BigBlue…|
Capacity: 1002 Watt-hour.
|7||Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer…|
Running Watts: 1000 Watts.
|8||Generark HomePower ONE: Backup Battery…|
Surge Watts: 2000 Watts.
|9||DuroMax XP12000EH Generator-12000 Watt Gas…|
Weight: 22 Pounds.
|10||300W Solar Generator, FlashFish 60000mAh…|
Warranty: 2 Years.
What are battery-powered generators?
Included Accessory: AC adapter, Car charger cable, Solar panel cable, & User guide.
- Capacity: 2000 Watt-hour. Running Watts: 2000 Watts. Surge Watts: 4800 Watts. Weight: 60 Pounds. Warranty: 2 Years. Included Accessory: Three charging cable (AC, Solar & Car cable), bag & User guide.
- Special Feature: New LiFePo4 battery has long life cycle, Can be fully charged in 6 hrs. using included charger + 3 hrs.
- using dual charger(sold sepratly). Capacity: 2400 Watt-hour. Running Watts: 1000 Watts.
- Surge Watts: 1200 Watts @ 2 minutes. Weight: 48 Pounds. Warranty: 1 Year. Included Accessory: AC wall charger, Solar charging cable (DC7909 to MC4) & Warranty card.
- Capacity: 1260 Watt-hour. Running Watts: 1800 Watts. Surge Watts: 3300 Watts. Weight: 30 Pounds. Warranty: 2 Years. Included Accessory: Three charging cable (AC, Solar & Car cable), bag & User guide.
Special Feature: Can be rechared from 0 to 80% in 1 hour using AC wall outlet.
|Color||House Backup Emergency|
Pros and Cons of Lithium Battery Generators
Capacity: 1500 Watt-hour.
- Running Watts: 1000 Watts. Surge Watts: 1200 Watts @ 2 minutes. Weight: 37 Pounds. Warranty: 1 Year. Included Accessory: AC wall charger, Solar charging cable & User manual.
- Capacity: 518 Watt-hour. Running Watts: 500 Watts. Surge Watts: 1000 Watts. Weight: 13 Pounds. Warranty: 2 Years. Included Accessory: AC adapter, Car charger cable, & User manual.
- Capacity: 240 Watt-hour. Running Watts: 200 Watts. Surge Watts: 400 Watts. Weight: 6.6 Pounds. Warranty: 2 Years. Included Accessory: AC adapter, Car charger cable, & User manual.
- The Jackery Explorer 1000 is a perfect source for backup power when prepping for an emergency. It never fails to provide a steady wave of power that sometimes can back you up for days in the end.
- You’d be amazed after seeing the size of this generator, it is as small as your microwave, but it is highly capable of handling power to light up your house for hours. If you get this battery-powered generator from the Jackery, you will have a noise-free environment in your house as it does not involve any engine or moving parts.
The Explorer 1000 is one of the best battery-powered generators available in the market currently.
The maximum output of this generator can be mapped at 1,000 W, and the capacity is at 1,000 Wh, making it sufficient for the necessary tools to be operated without cutting out the power directly.
- You will receive the charger, AC adapter car charger, and a padded zip case with the purchase. The charger is built to last you longer and will give you the cost-efficiency for each penny that you have to spend on it.
- The battery is 14.4V, 16.8Ah, or 241Wh that is enough to get you the long-lasting battery with high performance. You can easily know the level of the battery with an LCD display in the battery.
- It will show the exact percentage of the battery that is remaining. It is perfectly capable of charging your iPhone 12 times, your MacBook 5 times, and it can run your mini-fridge for almost 20 hours.
- So you can knsolatrow how powerful this generator is, and it can last a very long time as well. Easily chargeable in a maximum of 6.5 hours with 126W, 5.5 hours with 163w, and 11.5 hours with 80W.
- Perfectly lightweight. More ports to charge gadgets simultaneously. Durable build and battery. Eligible to power minifridge less than 1000W. Takes a longer time to charge. You will have to manually manage the on and off.
Some customers are into the product that performs well and provides aesthetic design too.
|Color||CARB Compliant, Transfer Switch Ready|
Best Battery Powered Generators
Well, you will not have to make any compromise with the battery-operated generator by Bluetti.
- This generator has a capacity of 2000W maximum and is also capable of handling the surge of 4000W, meaning it can power high starting-watt appliances. Although it may weigh more than the other average battery-powered generator, we cannot ignore the fact that this generator even performs better than any of the average generators. There are a total of 17 ports that you can use to charge your laptop, your phone, and most household appliances.
- What you have to understand about this generator is that it is a package deal. It will charge itself fast and charge your appliances fast. The generator has a built-in MPPT fast charging Module that will make it more efficient than it already is. You will receive the generator, one solar charging cable, a 400 Watt Ac wall charger with a US 3-prong plug, a ZT90-to-Aviation plug for input, a charging cable for the car, and the user manual.
- You will also receive a warranty card along with the purchase, ensuring that the cost-effective performance is delivered to you every step of the way. What is special about this generator that is liked by every other user is that it can charge an 800-watt refrigerator for 2.1 hours, your MacBook for a total of 28 hours. If you are using the generator for operating the fan, it will be used for 140 hours.
- If that doesn’t tell you how powerful this generator is, we don’t know what will. Very easy to use. High power storage capacity. 2000 W output capacity. Long-lasting build even after rugged usage. High in performance as well as design. There is no fast charging option available in the USB plugs. Bluetti has quite the reputation in the market for providing high-quality battery-powered generators that can last you a lifetime once purchased.
- We also cannot ignore how the generators provided by them are also alluring in design. Bluetti generators will give you the satisfaction of spending the piece of your pocket on something long-lasting and also eye candy. When we look into the capacity of the generator, it can give a continuous flow of 1000W max as it is a power station of 2400Wh. It does not even weigh much, so it can be easily carried anywhere.
You can put it in your car to ensure that you always have power back up to charge your phone or laptop when you are going on a road trip.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Top Portable Battery Generator?
The battery-powered generator is enough to operate most of your home appliances, including microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, drills, saws, and other equipment like that too.
- This has to be one of the generators that have the capacity to charge your MacBook/laptop about 34 times before needing to charge the generator. We can actually say that these battery-powered generators started selling like hotcakes as soon as they were launched.
- You can easily carry the generator with a suitcase-like handle. With the purchase, you will receive a PV Solar charge cable, user manual, the generator itself, PV solar charge cable, and the certification of the qualification. There are four USB ports that can actually help you to charge multiple phones at one time.
- Longer battery life compared to the similarly cost-set product. Faster solar charging. LED display screen to help you monitor the generator. Two AC outlets and type C USB ports. The weight of the generator is relatively higher compared to the output that it gives.
- There are some brands in the market that have a specialty in offering the best battery-powered generators. One of the names that are reputed includes Ecoflow. This battery-powered generator will give a performance that is even more efficient than its cost.
- If you are keen on maintaining the aesthetic of your place, this will definitely be your potential purchase. With its great specification, we are sure that it will definitely meet your choice. The Delta UPS Power generator with 6-inch outlet and 3300W at the highest output.
There are few things about this generator that gives high competition to the most premium brands.
Benefits of Portable Battery Generators:
It has the capacity to be charged 10 times faster than most of the other generators.
- The EcoFlow Patent X-Stream Technology lets you charge the battery within an hour to 0%-80%. There are 6 AC outlets that can handle the higher watts too. You can easily charge this battery-powered generator with the help of solar and even with your car. You have a big family, and all of them want to charge their phone from this generator at the same time?
- That’s possible with this generator as it lets you charge or plugin up to 13 devices simultaneously. There’s even an LCD display to let you monitor and keep track of the battery. Never worry about making a coffee in your kettle when without power; this generator got you back. You can connect it to the generator along with your grinder, charge your laptop, phones, etc., without much fuss.
- The generator has backup for 112 hours of DC and 36 hours AC supply capacity. Innovative design. Extremely fast charging. A built-in MPPT charge controller. Weighs less hence easily carried anywhere. The battery will charge but the round trip efficiency will be low. We have Bluetti’s one more generator on our list with a different price range and power output.
- However, we all know that bluetti is one of the known companies to provide cost-effective generators with quite an attractive design. This model of battery-powered generator is not very heavy and portable. You will also get a generator in two different colors, blue and grey, so you can choose whichever model meets your aesthetic. We cannot ignore the suitcase-like handle the equipment has that makes it easily carryable whenever you want.
- These kinds of generators are like giant power banks. You can also charge it with solar or with electricity. We can assure you that even though the price of this generator is a little bit more than any average battery-powered generator, this one will give you performance like the money you pay for it. It is very compact and weighs just about 17.2 kg which is not considered heavy when it comes to generators as it is supposed to provide power to multiple types of electric equipment at once.
There’s a large, user-friendly LCD in the generator to let you monitor the battery and check for the watts.
Buying Guide for the Best Battery Powered Generators
This generator has a round trip efficiency of 88%, meaning that once you fully charge it, it will give you the power that can amount to 88% of the total 100% that it took to fully charge it.
- There are two AC sockets, a fan socket, various USB ports like Type-A validating up to 20V. The DC input of the power is limited to 500W. There is also an MPPT design which will deliver the optimum performance.
- Multiple USB outputs. 21 hours of work time with the optimal usage. Secured with safety measures. Can be charged with the solar power. The cooling fan is a bit noisy. We are aware that you are here because you want to purchase a battery-powered generator that you can use in your car, on your camping trips, etc., so on this list, we have added Jackery’s 518Wh generator that is mostly preferred for outdoor use.
- You can even use it for your house appliances, to charge your phone, your laptop, etc., in case of a power outage. It is one of the most conventional generators that we can put on our list of the best battery-powered generators.
- There is a 2-inch LCD display on the equipment from which you can maintain and keep track of the charged and remaining battery. You can charge the battery of the generator by plugging in the charger in the electric outlet, or you can even charge it with the solar.
- If we look into the outlets of the generators, there is one 1 AC outlet with 110V, 2 DC outlet with 12V, 3 USB slots, as well as the inability of laptop charging.
You must have come across some generator that consumes a high amount of battery because of the heat, but you do not have to stress about it with this generator as this particular generator can function in the heat without any extra power loss, there might be other setbacks but hey!
Is There Such Thing as a Battery-Operated Generator?
The big power bank that lasts longer is almost everybody’s priority.
- The generator is equipped with a flashlight, so if you are taking it with you on a camping trip, that particular feature will come in very much handy. Suppose you continuously keep the generator to supply power to your multiple gadgets.
- In that case, the total number of hours you will get the generator running is around 12 hours, and it might differ depending on the consumption of the equipment or gadgets you have used.
- Easy to carry around. Perfect and rugged for outdoor use. Multiple outlets. Operates in heat.
- LCD display to keep track of the amount of battery remaining. Built-in LED light. Even the generator is suitable for outdoor use.
- it is not waterproof. There are different models offered by Jackery that it was difficult to choose from, especially when these are those few battery-powered generators that are highly cheered by most of the customers.
This generator is ideal for those with small families and just a few types of equipment that they want to get charged when there is a power outage or those people who want to put it in the car.
How Can I Determine Which Generator Is Best For Me?
If you are going on a long road trip or a camping trip, you will need to charge your phone, maybe your laptop, etc., and this generator will be your friend in those kinds of needs.
- The whole thing is very easy to carry with the built-in design and comfortable handle.
- Its 240Wh lithium-ion battery will give you great power back up. What we personally like about this generator is that it only weighs 6.6 pounds, making it one of the most easy-to-carry generators.
- Jackery has made this series of generators eco-friendly as you can charge them with solar energy. Don’t worry if the sun decides not to show up; you can even connect it to the electric outlet in your house and charge the battery.
- There’s a small LCD display that lets you keep track of the battery percentage when you have put it in charge and even after when you are using it. So you will know exactly when it is time to put back the generator to get charged.
- It has the capacity to charge your phone about 24 times and your laptop about 2 times. There are multiple outlets for the same as well as there are other features that make it one of the best battery-powered generators you can get.
- Lightweight hence easy to carry.
Solar charge or electric outlet charge.
|Color||Black and Blue|
Frequently Asked Questions
LCD display to monitor the battery.
- DC 12V output for the car. Suitable for camping trips and road trips. Gets heated if you charge multiple devices at once. There’s no flashlight. When you decide that you want to purchase a battery-powered generator, but you do not know which one you want among so many choices in the market, we are trying to make sure that you do not get confused about that with the help of this article.
- We have researched thoroughly to make sure that this buying guide can assist you to help you choose the best one that is suitable for your needs. The battery-powered generators are the equipment that can be used as a power backup when there is any power outage. These battery-powered generators are also the ones that you can carry with you on your camping trip.
- They have a particular set of rules for operation and usage that you have to follow. Each generator has its own specification that you have to check before you purchase that specific generator. All the above-listed generators can also be charged with solar energy. If you want a battery-powered generator, then you will need a generator with a higher Watt capacity than 800W, and if you want a generator for camping, a generator with 250W will be sufficient for you.
- There are certain specifics that you have to see before you decide which one is the perfect choice for you. Almost all the generators have the same working mechanism, but they are different when it comes to their capacity for AC/DC inputs or outputs. There are various other points that affect the specification of the generator that you can prioritize as per your needs.
- Most of the smaller and compact generators have 2 USB ports, whereas if you go check the larger ones, there are generators available with more than 4 USB ports and various other ports to help you connect your electronic devices.
Some of these ports are also suitable to let you charge your MacBook or any other laptop, but you have to make sure that you require that kind of port in your generator?
How Long Does a Battery-Powered Generator Last?
If not, then you should go with the one that is very easy to maintain and meets your needs at the present moment.
Suppose you are facing a power outage or there’s an upcoming storm that is surely going to lead to the power outage. There’s no way you can survive that without a few of your home appliances working.
Our Picks of 12 Best Portable Battery Generators:
There are generators that will help you keep the appliances in your house functioning for hours. Although it is important to understand that all the different generators have different capacities to handle and power the appliances, if you have set priority on having your home appliances function, you can look for the battery-powered generators available for that purpose.
Are Battery Generators Worth It?
When you are camping, you know there will be no lights, and you cannot rely on your phone’s flashlight to get you through the whole camping trip. Where will you charge your phone? There are easily carryable battery-powered and solar chargeable generators available, making them the best camping buddy for you.
How do battery-powered generators work?
You can charge your phone, and there are built-in flashlights in some of them that will give you the perfect light you will need for camping. You can also charge your phone or your laptop as well. There are certain points that you have to see before you decide which generator you want to purchase. One thing in particular that you have to check is how much time it takes to charge the generator. There are generators that can charge up to 80% in just 2 hours, and there are those that can be charged within 8 hours or more.
Can A Battery-Powered Generator Run a Refrigerator?
Depending upon your choice and the capacity of the generator, as well as what kind of battery is used in that generator, you can know how long it will take to charge the generator. When it comes to solar-powered generators, you can also check how much time it will take to charge the generators with solar power.
What are the different specifications of the generator?
You may wonder what the round trip efficiency is; let us explain. The round trip efficiency of the generator is the performance the generator is giving. For example, you are fully charging the generator that is at 100% and the performance of the round trip, for the capability to let you operate different appliances and charge your phones, laptops, etc., at maximum 88% consumption availability.
Battery Charging Options
So in simple words, you are charging the battery fully, but the round trip of the generator is lower than the electricity the battery consumes. Different generators have different round trip efficiency so before you purchase one battery-powered generator, make sure to check about it.
1. Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station
You definitely do not want to end up with a generator with low round trip efficiency. Battery running time will differ in all the different generators you will get. There are various factors that affect the battery running time for the generators, the factors like the type of the battery, the capacity of the battery, what kind of generator you are using, what are the appliances and the function of the generator, etc.
along with how long they are functioning. The running time of the battery is averaged between 12 hours to 24 hours, and some of the high-capacity generators even last longer than that.
Again, it all depends on what kind of generator you are using and everything functioning on it. When your generator is on, it will give the output of a certain amount that can be measured in Watts.
5. MAXOAK EB150 1500Wh Camping Solar Generator
The same goes with the Input. For input, there will be some things that might help you measure how many watts of capacitated solar power you will need to charge the batteries of the generator. Whereas the output capacity will solely focus on the maximum watts that the generator can provide. Depending on that, you can figure out which appliances in your house will function with these generators and if you have a specific need about the generator in case of a power outage, you can get the unit that has the output capacity of the Watts to do so.
If the generator that you purchase is not going to be carried around easily, then this specification might not be needed for you. But on the other hand, if you are specifically looking for a generator for camping trips and road trips, this will be one of the considerable things that you will have to look out for. The weight will also determine how easily carryable the generator is. The most usual weight of the generators is somewhat between 15kg to 30 kg depending on the capacity of the battery and the input-output of the generator.
Battery concepts and terms that you need to know about.
1. SUAOKI Portable Power Station 150Wh
This point may entirely depend on your needs and preference, but if you are choosing one generator for your camping trip, it is highly suggested that you look for one that does not weigh much so that you can carry it easily. When it comes to generators, the load they are taking on supplying the electricity to many gadgets and appliances at once.
Because of that, they have a cooling fan installed in them. Depending upon its capacity and the cooling fan that operates, and the quality of the fan, you can also guess about the noise it’s going to make. There are battery-powered generators that will not make much noise and which will take quite a time to heat up.
3. MAXOAK EB240 2400Wh Battery-Powered Generator
But if the generator you are planning to get heats up easily, then we think you will have to rethink your purchase. There are certain points that you can check for before you decide to purchase or scout which generator is best for you. We all know that generators are used to power the home appliances or gadgets in your house.
In simpler words, generators are like a big power bank that you can rely on in case of a power outage. Now, how would you know which generator is the best for you? Here, we will guide you. Decide which gadgets and home appliances you want to function with the help of the generator. What is the specific reason you want to purchase the generator?
2. BLUETTI AC200P 2000Wh Portable Power Station
Is it for your home? to make sure that you can function all your home appliances in case of any power outage? Or is it for camping trips and road trips? Do you want to keep a generator in your car to charge your phone or laptop in case of need? What is your budget to get the generator?
If you have already chosen a generator, what is the running time of the generator, as well as what is the input-output capacity of the generator?
Is it sufficient to run the appliances you want to run on it? If you figure out answers to these above-mentioned questions, you will know exactly what kind of generator you need. And when a customer knows exactly what kind of generator they need, it becomes even easier to make sure that the seller provides the one that matches the customer’s needs.