Here are some things you need to know before making that decision. One of the main reasons that can keep you from upgrading to Windows 11 is that your computer might not be able to run it.
Windows 11’s system requirements are quite high: your computer needs 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC).
If You Upgrade at Release, You’re an Early Adopter
What are the advantages of Windows 11 Operating System?
It also needs at least 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 64 GB of available storage. Although these standards aren’t extraordinary, a considerable number of users have outdated hardware that doesn’t meet Microsoft’s requirements for Windows 11.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are one of them, you may need to purchase a new PC to get the latest OS.
How the Windows 11 Upgrade Will Work
Windows 11 is still fresh out of the oven, and it’s far from being bug-free. Users have reported compatibility issues, missing notifications, and some built-in applications not opening or working as expected.
Easily Accessible Snap Layouts and Groups
The OS is still missing some features available in Windows 10, and issues are constantly being discovered and fixed, but these are to be expected of any newly released OS.
Windows 10 Is Supported Until October 2025
So if you want to stick with a stable and reliable OS, it’s better to wait until Windows 11 is more mature. The Your Phone app currently lets Android phone users access mobile apps directly from their Windows 10 PC.
Android Apps on Windows 11
This is an especially useful feature for remote and hybrid employees, as the ability to access phone apps on a larger desktop or laptop display and use a mouse, pen, or touchscreen helps with multitasking. If you are one of the people who rely on this feature, you’ll have to wait for the next Windows 11 update to get this functionality.
Return of the Widgets
Windows 11 wasn’t intended to be a new version of the OS. It was meant to be a substantial update to Windows 10, initially called the Sun Valley Update. That’s why save for a few features, many apps and functions look and work the same in Windows 11 as they do in Windows 10.
If Windows 11 Doesn’t Officially Support Your PC
So unless you’re looking for something radically different from what you have now, it may not be worth upgrading. If you are comfortable with your current setup and don’t have any urgent need to upgrade, you might as well stick with Windows 10.
How to Check If Windows 11 Supports Your PC
Microsoft has stated that it will continue to support the OS until October 14, 2025. This means that Windows 10 won’t become obsolete in the near future, so you can still enjoy bug fixes, security updates, and new features for this OS version for a few more years.
If Windows 11 Officially Supports Your PC
These are just some of the reasons why you may want to stick with Windows 10. If you decide that upgrading to Windows 11 is right for you, go ahead!
About Microsoft Windows 11
But if not, there’s no need to worry — Windows 10 will still be here for a while. Either way, our experts can help you make the most out of your Windows setup.
Give us a call today to learn more. I have been reading many articles on Windows 11 progress over the past several months and I keep asking myself:. What is the advantage of Windows 11 over Windows 10? Aside from the Windows 11 requirements of UEFI, Secure Boot, and TPM 2.0, which I already have in Windows 10 Pro x64, all I have been seeing is Microsoft removing historical and recent user functionality and features in Windows 11 along with a so-called "polished" new look for Windows.
You Can Try It and Downgrade Within 10 Days
I do not see any real features and security information on why to upgrade and use Windows 11.
- I know some Intel 7th generation and earlier processors including AMD will not be "officially" supported in Windows 11.
- Of course there is a workaround to get Windows 11 installed, but Microsoft will not allow important security updates, drivers, etc.
- not to update in Windows 11.
- Kind of pointless to run Windows 11 on unsupported hardware (at this time).
- Am I missing reading some real advantage on upgrading to Windows 11?
- I know there is a lot of discussions about switching to Linux from Windows (a historical progression that eventually leads back to Windows), or switching to the high premium upgrade of Apple Mac OS computers with little technical progression each time they release new hardware.
What are the disadvantages of Windows 11?
- There is always pros and cons to everyone's situation on wanting to switch, and I really prefer Linux over Windows.
- I have been running Linux from the time it started and prior when it was UNIX.
- Windows 11 launched recently and Microsoft delivered some big changes to the storied operating system, including its first name change in six years.
- The Windows 11 update began rolling out on 5 October 2021 although it will be released in a phased approach on eligible devices.
- Windows 11 comes with a tonne of new features, such as the ability to download as well as run Android apps on your Windows PC and updates to Microsoft Teams, the Start menu and the overall look of the software, which is cleaner and Mac-like in design.
- Keep in mind that not all of the features are available today.
- Windows 11 isn’t just Windows 10 with a new collection of wallpapers.
Thankfully, many other tweaks and improvements make an upgrade to the latest OS seem enticing.
That said, the new OS’s wallpapers are, indeed, beautiful!
Reasons You Might Not Want Windows 11 (Yet)
All GPU-accelerated for a buttery-smooth user experience. It should both be more elegant and snappier than Windows 10.