Thanks to the cameras on our smartphones, taking a photo whenever and wherever we are has become incredibly easy. All we need to do is take out our phone and snap and we’re done. This has made documenting all those special moments in our lives so much easier, whether we’re taking photos of our child graduating, your baby’s first steps, your wedding, family gatherings, and so on.
While it’s fine viewing all those photos one by one, some of you might actually prefer putting them all together in a single collage so that the photos are more unified and tell a more cohesive story. If that’s the case, there are various ways you could go about creating a photo collage. There is the old fashioned way of printing your photos out and sticking them on a cardboard, or you could toss them into your computer and use apps like Microsoft Paint to manually put everything together and layer text on it.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express
While a perfectly acceptable method, it’s not particularly efficient, which is where photo collage maker apps come in, and below we’ve put together some of the best photo collage apps that you can find on Android.
|Download Cost||In-app cost (per item)|
|Photo Collage Maker||✕||$0.99-$24.99|
|Video Collage Maker||✕||$1.93|
|Pic Collage Maker||✕||✕|
Formerly known as Adobe Spark, the Creative Cloud Express is an app available for Android that will let users put together collages either using their smartphone or through the web.
This means that if you need to make a collage while on the move, you can do so using the app, and then later finish it off on the web.
Phototastic Collage Maker – Photo Collage & Editor
- It comes with a huge variety of templates to choose from, so whether you’re creating a collage for personal photos, or creating one for Instagram Stories, putting together a banner or poster, you will find something suited to your needs.
- If you’re just publishing for the web, you can even create animated video posts, apply text effects, and quickly resize photos.
- If collage making is something you love doing, then Phototastic is the app that you most definitely should check out.
This is a collage maker’s dream come true where there are over 1000 themed templates to choose from and over 100 different layouts that you can mix and match to piece together the perfect collage. There are also a ton of various backgrounds, fun and colorful stickers, and also a wide variety of fonts that you can choose from, so whether you’re looking to put together something serious for a flyer for your business, or something fun to commemorate your trip with your friends, Phototastic has you covered.
Various themes include Halloween, holiday, family, valentine, Christmas, school, friends, birthday, mother, wedding and many more. Design packs are regularly added so that you are never out of options to choose from. We’re also talking about having over 1,400 stickers and over 200 fonts to choose from, so creating a completely unique collage should not be a problem.
- The layouts supported by Phototastic can even support as many as 25 photos within a single collage, so if you’re having trouble deciding what photos to include, the 25 photo limit should give you a lot more freedom and flexibility.
- While Phototastic might be known as a collage-making app, don’t let that fool you because it acts as a photo editing and design app with more advanced tools such as shape cutout, shadow layers, scissors, and more.
- The app itself is free and doesn’t come with ads but there is also a Pro version if you need extra features.
To top things off, there is alsoa Windows version of the app if you prefer to make your edits on your computer. If you need something that’s simple and easy to use that you don’t really need to pay money for, then Pic Collage might be worth taking a look at. It comes with a variety of grid layouts for you to choose from, and there are various templates including seasonal ones, so if you wanted to create a Christmas collage to send to friends and family members, the app’s got you covered.
It also comes with some more advanced editing tools that lets you cut out photos, so if you just want to crop an image of yourself or your kids without a distracting background, you will be able to do it within the app itself. There is a premium version of the app that removes the watermark and ads and also lets users add video and access additional features for $4.99 a month.
What are the best photo collage apps?
- Did you know that Instagram actually has a collage app of their own?
- It’s not particularly publicized, but it’s a good and free way to toss together a quick collage on the go.
- The app itself is very basic and doesn’t offer fancy and fun stickers or themed templates or even the ability to add text, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
Sometimes you might only need a collage maker to toss some photos together for a particular look or effect and don’t really need all the bells and whistles, so Layout from Instagram is actually more than capable of getting the job done. Plus like we said, it’s completely free with zero ads, so what’s not to like? When you think about it, magazines are also in a way like a collage, where editors combine both photos, drawings, and text to help tell a story that’s not only interesting to read, but also interesting and fun to look at.
If you’re trying to achieve that effect, MOLDIV is a good place to start. It comes with various themes so if you’re making a collage, you can choose that, or if you want to create a magazine look, there’s a template for that as well. There are over 100 different layouts to choose from, hundreds of stickers, and it also comes with powerful image editing tools, plus there is also a square layout designed for Instagram in mind.
Best Photo Collage Maker App for Android
6. Photo Collage Editor – Free
- If you’re not someone who’s particularly tech savvy and don’t really need all these powerful image editing tools that some of these collage maker apps offer, then the Photo Collage Maker app might be one to check out.
- The app is very simple to use – all you need to do is select your photos, choose the theme you want to app to it, add your text, stickers, and effects, and you’re good to go!
- Of course, it comes with more advanced editing tools if you need it, but it is pretty easy to use right out of the box and we reckon most users shouldn’t feel too intimidated using it for the first time.
Sometimes the photos we take on our smartphones don’t always look the way we want it to or how we imagined it, which is why filters can come in handy. InFrame could be the collage app for you in this regard. The app offers users a bunch of filters that they can choose from to help enhance their photos with a single tap. It also comes with a bunch of different collage layouts that are unique and not just laid out in a grid.
It can even blur your photo’s background and adds a white border to help make your collages Instagram-friendly. Remember when creating collages used to take a lot of effort and editing skills? These days, you can get beautiful results with just a collage app. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best photo collage apps available out there for your smartphone photography.
4. Photo Collage Maker – Free With In-App Purchases
Verdict on The Best Photo Collage App for Android
- The best photo collage apps are an excellent tool for photo enthusiasts and social media users.
- They allow you to share or display multiple photos at the same time.
- All the photo collage apps in the following list are easy to use and come with several features to create unique collages in seconds.
Want to turn your photos into an eagle or moon-shaped mosaic? Then this is one of the best collage apps for you. It’s fun to use, and it creates art without much effort using an algorithm. To use this collage maker app, you’ll first need to choose eight images from your gallery. Afterwards, select a shape you like, and the app automatically trims those photos to fit your chosen frame.
If you want to improve your collage, adjust the exposure and the colours by tapping the sliders icon. If you don’t like its custom shapes, you can try the app’s collection of grid layouts, too. I admit that it has much more limited editing features than its competitors, so we wouldn’t call it the best photo collage app out there.
1. Pic Collage – Free
- But it does the job if you want to create a simple collage.
- Download: Android.
- Diptic is one of the best photo collage apps out there you can download.
It offers creative custom layouts that you won’t find anywhere else. Its fancy designs include peace signs, hearts and even waves. Apart from the unusual designs, it also has classic layouts if you prefer clean and simple ones. And if you’re in the mood for bolder frame options, there are even bordered layouts for you to try.
Diptic also features animated selections for creating unique content. By switching the photos from one grid to another, people can view the images better. But this photo collage app’s most significant selling point is that it allows you to customise your work. That means you can change the colours, sizes, and even the aspect ratio of your borders and frames.
3. Moldiv – Collage Photo Editor – Free and In-App Purchases
- Your photo collages will be just as you like.
- The app includes a variety of textures to choose from.
- So if you’re bored with using plain colours, you can always try using patterns instead.
And what if you don’t like any of the layouts? The app lets you manipulate your frame by dragging lines and joints to alter the size and shape of the grids. This may confuse you at first. But don’t worry, it’s intuitive, and you’ll understand how to use it in no time. It’s an excellent way to create collages, whether for Christmas greeting cards or to upload on social media.
It’s an affordable one-time purchase. But there is an extra in-app cost for expandable layouts. Price: $ with in-app purchases. Photo collage apps are everywhere. They all offer the same features for the most part. What makes PicStitch different? It allows you to place video clips in your layouts. If that isn’t enough, you can even add music within the app.
2. Pixlr Express – Free
10 Best Photo Collage Apps for 2022
- Of course, you can create regular photo collages with this app, too.
- It has all the features most other apps offer, such as templates and borders.
- And it even lets you add stickers and text for a personalised touch for the perfect photos.
To use PicStitch’s video function, all you have to do is drop a short clip into one of the frames like a regular photo. Once it’s in place, a video editor will pop up. You can drag the blue tabs at the bottom of the screen to trim your footage between six and fifteen seconds long. After trimming your video, you now have the option to adjust the orientation and change the speed of the clip.
You can also add filters to bring out the colours of your collage. When you’re satisfied with the edit, press ‘Done’, and the footage will be ready to download. Price: Free with ads and in-app purchases or upgrade with a yearly subscription ($$) or one-time payment ($$$). Download: iOS | Android. If you want to have fun and make cute collages with your photos and videos, you need to try this collage maker.
5. PicGrid – Photo Collage Maker – Free
8. Photo Collage – Free
- It has dozens of free collage templates similar to what others already offer.
- This collage maker lets you choose templates by their aspect ratios.
- For instance, you can select 1:1 or 4:5 ratios to create collages for Instagram.
But you can also try the regular 4:3 or 5:7 ratios if you’d like to have regular-sized prints. Once you fill all the panels with photos, you can change the border or place stickers on them. What sets the PhotoGrid app apart is its scrapbook feature. It lets you add backgrounds and stickers and even type some text.
The scrapbook works the same way as the grid layouts. Place the photos into the frames like a regular photo collage. You also get to change the background and even try different shapes as your frames. That means you use stars and triangles instead of square and rectangular borders. Price: Free with in-app purchases.