Frequent power outages, unfavorable environmental effects, and inadequate grid infrastructure in remote areas force people to buy portable generators. According to a survey, in 2018, the worldwide portable generator market size was 3.88 billion US dollars, and it is expected to reach 5.87 billion US dollars by 2026.
Portable generators are best suited for emergency power backups, recreational activities, job sites, and RVs. If you want to buy one, then here we have a list of the best in the business. Terms used in the below table along with their meanings:. G stands for Gasoline. P stands for Propane.
Starting Watts: The maximum watts a generator can produce are known as starting watts. Starting wattage is also known as peak wattage. They are needed to start motor-driven products like a refrigerator, circular, saw, and air conditioner.
Once the appliances are started, the starting watts are no longer needed for that particular appliance and can be used for starting other machines/tools/appliances. Running Watts: The average output of your generator is known as running wattage.
They are needed to keep your appliances running. Running watts are also known as rated watts. Running watts are always less than starting watts. Runtime @ 50% Load (Hours): It defines how much time a full gas tank or a propane cylinder will run with a half load on the generator.Expert Tip
Must Read Before Purchasing The Best Portable Generator for Electronics
1. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant
WEN 56200i Portable Inverter Generator– Overall Best . Fuel Type: Gasoline. Starting Watts: 2000 watts. Running Watts: 1600 watts. Voltage: 120 volts. Tank Capacity: 1 gallon. Runtime (at 50% load): 4-5 hours.
The Best Portable Generator
5 Best Portable Generator For Electronics
3. Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel – Best RV Ready Portable Generator with Electric Start
Dimensions: 18 x 11 x 18 inches. Weight: 48 Pounds. Noise Level: 53 dBA. Starting Mechanism: Pull start. Warranty: 2-years. WEN 56200i is the epitome of portability and affordability.It weighs only 48 pounds, and you can carry this machine with the built-in ergonomic carry handle. It is also a compact machine measuring 18 x 11 x 18 inches. The gasoline-powered 79.7cc 4-stroke engine can deliver 2000 starting and 1600 running watts.
The output is perfect for tailgating, camping, and running a couple of essentials during an outage. You can’t run heavy appliances on this unit. It has a 1.2% THD, making the machine safe for sensitive appliances. The outlets on this unit are two 120V AC outlets, one 12V DC outlet, and one 5V USB outlet. You may need a connector to connect more than one USB cable with this machine.
Best Recommended Generator for Electronics
- You will find an eco-mode switch, a parallel connectivity port, overload, low oil, and output indicators on the control panel.
- One of the most amazing features of this machine is the runtime.
- It gives almost 5 hours runtime at 50% load on 1-gallon gasoline.
- Other inverters don’t have such an impressive tank size to runtime ratio.
- The machine doesn’t feature an electric start, so you will have to start it manually.
3. Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
- The noise level is 53 dBA, and it won’t bother you even at full load.
|Noise Rating||74 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6 Gal|
Buyer’s Guide – Best Portable Generator For Electronics
What Are The Best Generators For Your Electronic Devices?
The unit has a 2-year warranty. It is an EPA-certified and CARB-compliant unit. Very silent machine. Excellent value of money. Lightweight and compact. If you are looking for a no-complain, under the budget generator for powering your essentials, enjoying outdoor adventures, camping trips, tailgate parties, and RV tours, then you have found the right machine. Though you cannot run heavy appliances, you can double its power by connecting with another WEN 56200i generator.
WEN doesn’t offer lucrative warranties, but a 2-year warranty does the job. What else do you want under $500? Overall, users rate this generator at 4.6/5, and yes, it is worth it. All the features stated above support the rating. Above all, it is an affordable generator.
2. Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator with Electric Start
- DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator– Quiet Performance .
- Fuel Type: Dual fuel (gasoline and propane).
- Starting Watts: Gasoline: 12000 watts, Propane: 11400 watts. Running Watts: Gasoline: 9500 watts, Propane: 9025 watts.
- Voltage: 120V / 240V AC & 12V DC. Tank Capacity: 8.3 gallons. Runtime (at 50% load): Gasoline: 8.83 hours, Propane: 7.2 hours @ 40 lbs tank.
- Dimensions: 30 x 29 x 26 inches. Weight: 224 pounds. Noise Level: 74 dBA.
- Starting Mechanism: Electric & Recoil.
|Noise Rating||72 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||8.3 Gal|
Top 3 Generators For Electronics
Why is that?
Warranty: 30-days return & 3-year limited warranty. Certifications: CARB & EPA. DuroMax offers power, versatility, exceptional features, and safety on wheels. It is an ideal machine for people looking for more power for their homes, worksites, and large RVs. The portability of the machine is enhanced with the help of big wheels and dragging handles. Despite being heavy, it is easy to move the machine at homes and worksites. The unit produces 12000 starting and 9500 running watts on gasoline, 11400 starting watts, and 9025 running watts on propane.
The 457cc DuroMax OHV engine is an electric and manual start unit. It makes 74 dB noise even at loads above 50%. The outlets on this machine complement the output. You get two 120V AC 20A outlets, one 120V 30A outlet, one 120/240V 30A outlet, and one 120/240V 50A outlet.
1. DuroMax XP4400E – Portable Generator With Wheel Kit
- It comes with a 50-amp plug to run heavy machines, power large RVs and manage big tools at worksites.
- The control panel also features a voltmeter, engine switch, oil, and battery recharge indicators.
- The unit has an idle control switch that adjusts the engine speed according to the load applied.
- It results in fuel-saving and increased runtime.
- Its patent technology, DuroMax MX2, allows you to get maximum power from each 120V outlet, or you can run the generator simultaneously at 120V and 240V.
- The tank capacity is 8.8 gallons. It can run up to 9 hours at 50% load.
|Noise Rating||69 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.6 Gal|
2. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt – Portable Inverter Generator
5. WESTLEY Portable Power Station 298Wh/92800mAh – Carrying Handle Portable Generator
The runtime on propane depends on cylinder size and load applied. It is an extremely safe-to-use machine. The safety features include a spark arrestor, GFCI outlets, automatic low oil shutdown, and overload protection.
But why is that?
4. BigBlue 250W Power Station – Best Solar Generator
Please note that it is a CARB compliant and EPA approved machine. Well-built machine. Impressive warranty. MX2 Technology. Stable output with loads above 80% of total capacity. DuroMax 12000EH is one of the best generators currently available in the North American portable energy market.
We tested it and found nothing wrong with it. Its load handling capacity, power output, runtime, and other features are the same as advertised by the company. It is one of the very few portable generators that feature a 50 amp plug, is RV-ready, and can power your entire home (small to medium-sized with load management).
Generators that are Durable
- It can run AC, microwave oven, stove, TV, and a lot of other appliances for RVs.
- The user reviews also reveal that it is an excellent machine.
- Apart from a couple of bad customer service experiences, everything is spot on.
- The machine has a 4.5/5 rating at Amazon, and we agree with it.
- XP12000EH is suitable for homeowners who want something big enough to power their essentials and other appliances and let them live in peace during an outage.
Smart Economy Mode –
- It is ideal for people living in severe climatic regions as it can deal with storms, hurricanes, and other natural disasters without any issues.
|Noise Rating||72 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.6 Gal|
5. Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter
Champion Support –
It is also best for medium to big-sized RVs. You can also use this machine to power tools at worksites without any issues. However, we don’t recommend this machine for camping and tailgating. Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator– Economic Choice .
Fuel Type: Gasoline. Starting Watts: 4000 watts. Running Watts: 3300 watts. Voltage: 120 volts. Tank Capacity: 4 gallons. Runtime (at 50% load): 8 hours. Dimensions: 24 x 17 x 17 inches. Weight: 94 Pounds.
- Noise Level: 69 dBA. Starting Mechanism: Recoil. Warranty: 30 days Money back guarantee & 3-year limited warranty.
- Certifications: EPA and CARB. DS4000 is an ideal machine for people looking for moderate power at an affordable price.
- It weighs only 94 pounds, and you can move the machine easily with a wheel kit (separately bought).
- The unit features a 208cc OHV gasoline engine which delivers 4000 peaks and 3300 rated watts.
- The power output is enough for small homes and RVs, running small tools at a worksite.
- You can also use the machine to power your sensitive appliances.
|Noise Rating||59 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||1.6 Gal|
6. WEN DF1100T Dual Fuel Portable Power Generator
The outlets consist of two 120V AC 20A outlets and one 120V AC 30A outlet. The outlets are limited, and you may need an extension to power more than 3 appliances at one time. The control panel also features a voltmeter and an engine switch. You can get up to 8 hours runtime at 50% load with a 4-gallon fuel tank.
The fuel gauge allows real-time fuel level monitoring and aids in the refilling process. You can start the unit with a recoil starter. The safety features include an automatic low oil shutdown, GFCI outlets, and surge voltage protection. The machine has a 3-year limited warranty. It is an EPA-approved and CARB-compliant model.
- DuroStar is a star among the other generators. Apart from a couple of issues like a high running sound, and a slightly smaller gas tank, this machine shines brightly than the rest of the generators in the same power category.
- With all the features explained above, you would be thinking, is this even possible under $400.
- Yes, DuroStar has made it possible for all people on a tight budget.
- Its value of money stands at 90%, and we rate this machine at 9.7/10.
- When we tested this machine by applying more than 80% of its total load capacity, it gave a runtime of more than 4 hours on a full tank.
- Please note that this generator is only capable of powering your essential appliances at home and in RVs.
|Noise Rating||72 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.6 Gal|
7. Westinghouse WGEN6000 Portable Gas Generator
It is also best for camping. So, if you are looking for a reliable machine to keep you going during storms, hurricanes, and short-term power outages, then DS4000S is an excellent and affordable pick. Westinghouse WGen5500 Portable Generator– Extremely Lightweight . Fuel Type: Gasoline. Starting Watts: 6850 watts. Running Watts: 5500 watts. Voltage: 120 volts.
Tank Capacity: 4.7 gallons. Runtime (at 50% load): 15 hours. Dimensions: 27.2 x 26.1 x 26 inches. Weight: 174 Pounds. Noise Level: 72 dBA. Starting Mechanism: Recoil. Warranty: 3 years residential & 1 year commercial. Certifications: CARB & EPA. Westinghouse is another leading generator manufacturer. Its machines are reliable and durable.
Quick Touch Panel –
- The Wgen5500 is yet another highly portable machine on our list. The unit weighs 174 pounds, but you can easily move it with the help of heavy-duty never-flat wheels and an ergonomic U-shaped rubber grip handle.
- The unit has a 212cc 4-stroke OHV Westinghouse gasoline engine and delivers 6850 peak and 5500 running watts.
- It is a perfect example of a mid-range generator. The power output is enough for running heavy appliances, tools at worksites, and powering an RV.
- You can also use this generator during hurricanes and storms as it is a sturdy and well-built machine.
- The most remarkable feature of this machine is its runtime.
Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics –
- No other machine in this power range can give a runtime up to 15 hours on a 4.7-gallon tank.
|Noise Rating||72 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.6 Gal|
8. Honda EU2200i Portable Inverter Generator
Conventional generators consist of;
We tested this machine for runtime and found this claim to be true. The generator lasted for 14-15 hours with a 50% load, and that too without any fluctuations or overheating. However, you must not run your generator for more than 8 hours continuously. The outlets consist of two 120V 20A household outlets, one 120V 30A outlet, and one 120/240V 30A outlet.
You can select the voltage with the help of a voltage selector switch or operate the unit at 120V or 240V simultaneously. You can monitor the machine’s working parameters like running hours, frequency, and volts. Such features help in timely maintenance.
Ultra-Quiet Operation –
- It has a 3-year warranty and comes with EPA and CARB certification.
- You can use the machine in all 50 states.
- The safety features include automatic low oil shutdown, rubber-protected outlets, and overload protection.
- Excellent runtime and fuel efficiency. Easy maintenance.
- Hassle-free assembly. User-friendly operation. Wgen5500 is often termed as an all-rounder generator.
Quick and Easy to Start
- The reasons being, its mid-range power output, mediocre weight, and exceptional runtime.
|Noise Rating||57 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||1 Gal|
9. Generac 7676 GP8000E Portable Generator
Best for Construction Sites and Home Power
Apart from all these features, it has the trusted and well-reputed name of Westinghouse. It is a reliable option to power your large compulsory appliances and 3-4 small appliances during an outage. It is also best suited for running small and medium-sized tools such as hand saws, table saws, and power drills at worksites.
You can also use this generator to run a small-sized RV with it. So, you see, it is a versatile machine. Overall, this machine has a well-deserved rating of 4.5/5. Champion Power Equipment 100165 Portable Generator– CARB Compliant .
- Fuel Type: Dual Fuel (Gasoline and Propane).
- Starting Watts: Gasoline: 9375 watts, Propane: 8400 watts. Running Watts: Gasoline: 7500 watts, Propane: 6750 watts.
- Voltage: 120/240. Tank Capacity: 6 gallons.
- Runtime (at 50% load): Gasoline: 8.83 hours, Propane: 5.5 hours @ 20 lbs tank.
- Dimensions: 27.8 x 28.7 x 26.4 inches. Weight: 202.4 Pounds.
- Noise Level: 74 dBA. Starting Mechanism: Recoil & Electric.
|Fuel Tank Capacity||7.9 Gal|
10. Ryobi RY906500S Gasoline Powered Portable Generator
Best Generator for CO Safety
Warranty: 3 years limited warranty. Certifications: EPA & CARB. Champion is one of the most sought-after generator brands all over the world. The yellow and black color machines are a synonym for quality and durability. This model, 100165, is a dual fuel machine with a 439cc engine.
The unit delivers 9375 starting and 7500 running watts on gasoline and 8400 peaks and 6750 rated watts on propane. The power output on both fuels is enough for small homes, RVs, and worksites with lightweight tools.
What We Like
- It is a highly portable machine. You can move the unit without any hassles with a U-shaped handle and heavy-duty wheels.
- The running noise is 74 dBA. It is probably one of the biggest issues in this machine.
- The safety features include volt-guard, GFCI outlets, automatic low-oil shutdown, and overload protection.
- The gasoline tank size is 6.1 gallons with a runtime of up to 8 hours.
- You can get 5-6 hours runtime on a 20-pound tank at 50% load with propane.
|Noise Rating||72.3 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6 Gal|
11. WEN 56200i Portable Inverter Generator
Best for Power on the Go
The runtime is not exceptional but lets you sleep peacefully with one full gasoline tank. The outlets consist of four 120V 20A outlets, one 120V 30A twist-lock outlet, and one 120/240V 30A outlet.
Cast iron sleeve for extended durability. Built-in volt guard. Champion’s 100165 is an amazing machine to navigate your power outages with versatility. You can use propane when you can’t find gasoline during a disaster.
- Its mid-range power output allows you to run heavy appliances like a well pump, sump pump, refrigerator, air conditioning, and heating units along with small appliances like a TB, laptop, and mobile phones.
- You can also use this machine with RVs and at campsites. Though it is a bit noisy, you may need additional mufflers or generator enclosures to hush it up.
- It is also suitable for worksites where you need to power mid-size tools.
- Overall, it is a reasonable generator to own.
- Its features like electric start, intelligauge, low oil, and overload features make it a user-friendly and safe machine.
- We give this machine a rating of 8/10. Champion Power Equipment 100554 Portable Generator– Best for RVs .
|Noise Rating||53 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||1 Gal|
12. Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator
Best Balance of Power and Portability
Fuel Type: Gasoline. Starting Watts: 4375 watts. Running Watts: 3500 watts. Voltage: 120 volts. Tank Capacity: 4.7 gallons. Runtime (at 50% load): 12 hours. Dimensions: 28.5 x 21.1 x 20.7 inches. Weight: 120.1 pounds. Noise Level: 68 dBA. Starting Mechanism: Recoil, electric, wireless Remote.
Warranty: 3 years limited warranty. Certifications: EPA & CARB. Champion offers machines to meet everyone’s needs. Its 100554 portable generator is one of the most user-friendly machines currently available in the market. You get a lightweight machine with sturdy wheels and an ergonomic handle, remote-start, silent operation, outstanding runtime, along with a 3-year warranty.
- What else do you need? The machine has a 208cc gas-powered Champion engine, which delivers 4375 starting and 3500 running watts.
- You can use this machine to run small to medium appliances at home, tools at worksites, and small RVs.
- The power output is limited and is not suitable for big homes or large RVs.
- The fuel tank is 4.7 gallons with a runtime of 12 hours at 50% load.
- The runtime outnumbers other models in this category.
- The outlets consist of one 120V 30A locking outlet, one 120V 30A RV outlet, and two 120V 20A outlets.
|Noise Rating||69 dB(A)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.96 Gal|
Think About Fuel Storage
The intelligauge keeps you aware of the running hours, voltmeter, and other working parameters. You can start the machine with a remote, push-button, and recoil rope. Its cold start technology starts the unit quickly in cold weather.
Best Portable Generators Buying Guide
The noise level is 68 dBA. It is a silent machine and won’t bother you much. The safety features include rubber-covered outlets, volt-guard, low oil shutdown, and overload protection. Easy to set up and run. Silent machine at 50% load. If you are looking for comfort and luxury in a mid-size generator, Champion 100554 is an excellent option.
How Do Portable Generators Work?
The overall rating for this generator is 4.6/5, so we decided to give it a try. We tested this generator for runtime, its efficiency, and how much stress you can put on it.
We find this exactly to be the same as claimed by the manufacturer.
- This machine is perfect for homeowners, DIYers, small contractors, and RVs.
- Its power capacity and other features make it a versatile generator and make the unit a must-have.
- Its runtime of 12 hours is perfect for navigating a long power outage.
- Briggs and Stratton P2200 Portable Inverter Generator– CE Compliant .
- Fuel Type: Gasoline.
Starting Watts: 2200 watts. Running Watts: 1700 watts. Voltage: 120 volts.
Tank Capacity: 1 gallon. Runtime (at 50% load): 4 hours. Dimensions: 22.4 x 14.4 x 19.9 inches.
The Fuel Source
Weight: 55 Pounds. Noise Level: 59 dBA. Starting Mechanism: Recoil. Warranty: 2 years. Certifications: CE compliant. The next generator on our list is from the house of Briggs and Stratton. Briggs and Stratton is known for making high-quality standby generators and inverters.
Its inverters are specifically designed for tailgating, camping, and running sensitive appliances during a power outage. The 111cc OHV gasoline engine can produce 2200 starting and 1700 running watts with less than 3% THD. The unit weighs only 54 pounds, and you can lift it with its H-shaped ergonomic handle.
The parallel-ready machine has a 1-gallon gas tank and offers a runtime of up to 4 hours with a 50% load.
It produces only 59 decibels of sound at 50% load. The outlets on the unit are two 120V household outlets, one 12V DC outlet, and one USB outlet. The control panel also features low oil, overload, and output-ready indicator lights. The machine has a 2-year warranty and is CE compliant.
You cannot use this inverter in California as it lacks CARB certification. Silent machine. Fuel-efficient inverter. This machine is ideal for tailgating, camping, hiking, and powering small tools at a worksite. You can also use it to run your essentials like mobile phones, laptops, and TVs during an outage.
Its features like a smart handle, lightweight and compact design, and parallel capabilities are excellent reasons for buying this machine. The unit has a rating of 4.4/5 from hundreds of users.
What’s the Difference Between Standard Portable Generators and Inverter Generators?
Some users have reported issues with customer service and warranty handling. The machine doesn’t come with a fuel gauge, and it is also costly. You can have inverters under $500 with the same output capacity and better features.
Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Inverter Generator– Ultra lightweight . Fuel Type: Gasoline. Starting Watts: Gasoline. Running Watts: 2000 watts. Voltage: 1600 watts. Tank Capacity: 1.1 gallons. Runtime (at 50% load): 5 hours. Dimensions: 19.3 x 11 x 17.9 inches.
Weight: 44.1 pounds. Noise Level: 51.5 dBA. Starting Mechanism: Recoil. Warranty: 3 years limited warranty. Certifications: EPA & CARB.
What’s the difference between a Portable Generator and a Portable Power Station?
Yamaha offers one of the most durable and high-quality inverter generators in the market. One of the best features of this machine is its ultra-lightweight and compact design. It weighs only 44.1 pounds and comes with an ergonomic handle for easy portability.
The inverter features a 79cc OHV air-cooled engine and delivers 2000 starting and 1600 running watts. Yamaha’s Pulse Width Modulation Technology guarantees a stable and fluctuation-less output. You can use this generator to run sensitive appliances, small tools and use for camping, tailgating, and outdoor gatherings.
How to Choose the Correct Size of Generator
The parallel-ready machine has two 120V AC outlets and one DC outlet. The fuel tank size is 1.1-gallons and provides a runtime of 4-5 hours at 50% load. The safety features consist of a USFS-approved spark arrestor, low oil warning, and overload protection.
What to Consider for a Home Backup System
A unique feature in this machine is the Gasoline petcock; it allows the unit to run without gas for a few minutes so that the gas doesn’t go bad. You can store the machine without emptying the fuel tank or adding fuel stabilizers.
It is a recoil starting the machine with a smart throttle and fuel on/off switch. The noise level varies from 51.5 dBA (25% load) to 61 dBA (100% load). Well reputed brand. Excellent customer service. Lightweight and compact design. Very expensive.
High maintenance unit. There are plenty of reasons for buying it and plenty for avoiding it. In support of the generator: a powerful and well-trusted brand name, excellent customer service and warranty, lightweight design and ergonomic handle, silent operation, user-friendly control panel, and an exceptional runtime.
Against this machine is a high price, you can find plenty of inverters with the same features in exactly half price.
Apart from these issues, the unit requires more maintenance than an average inverter. You may need to clean the carburetor, fuel line and start relay more frequently. So, this machine is more for Yamaha lovers than ordinary users. To find out your exact power needs, make a list of all the appliances you plan to run during a power outage or in your RV.
Mention the starting and running wattages and then count the total for both.
Consider the example below. The total starting wattage of all the appliances is 6250 watts, and 3075 is the power needed to keep them running. In this case, a generator with a 3500-watt starting power will be perfect.
What to Consider for a Portable Generator for Traveling
The trick is to add appliances one by one on your generator. It is better to leave a cushion of 300-400 watts. You can calculate the wattage of your appliances in the same way. The inverter generator can get clean AC power, but you have to go with a conventional unit to get higher output power.
Inverter machines are more fuel-efficient and are compact and light in weight. On the other hand, conventional units have big fuel tanks and big bodies. The first thing to look at when buying a portable generator is how portable your generator is. If it is lightweight, then you may only need a comfortable handle to carry it.
On the other hand, make sure your unit has big wheels and a durable handle if it is heavy. It is always suggested to go for a dual fuel portable generator. The reason is that when any fuel gets short in your area due to any reason, you can still manage to run your generator on the second fuel option.
Safety Features You Should Consider
As you can take portable generators to any place, dual fuel generators are the best choice for traveling. Your portable generator must be fuel-efficient to give you extended runtime.
- During outdoor trips and natural disasters, fuel-efficient generators come in handy.
- A generator with a big fuel tank and a fuel-efficient engine will benefit you a lot.
- Large generators come with a big gas tank.
Other Things to Consider
If you use your generator frequently, then look for a big tank. Otherwise, a small tank will suffice. Apart from the gas tank, it is also essential to consider the run time.
A user-friendly machine will give you full features on the control panel. It will come with a digital display to tell you about the total working hours, oil level, wattage being drawn from the unit, and other working parameters.
If you don’t want to pull the starting rope every time the power goes out, look for an electronic starting generator. Some generators also come with remote control start feature.
All such features make our life comfortable in one way or another. An electric start generator is costly as compared to a recoil start.
The ideal situation is to look for a generator that offers both starting mechanisms. Your machine must be both EPA and CARB compliant to move with your generator in all the states of America. What is your purpose for buying a portable generator? The answer to this will help you to determine the total power you need.
If you need a portable generator for your home or construction site, then a 5,000-watt to 10,000-watt generator would suit you. If you require an RV generator, then a 5000-watt generator is ideal. Or if you need to power your campsites or tailgates, then 2000-watt generators are best suited.
You may need more power sometimes. Hence, a generator with a paralleling ability is best under such situations. It is easy to connect two inverters. However, connecting a conventional generator is not always possible.
You will have to install a paralleling kit and then connect two generators. Even if it works, you may experience fluctuations in the output. If you are conscious about your generator’s running sound, buy an inverter as it is quieter than a conventional generator.
However, its power output is less than a conventional generator, but it is best to run your sensitive appliances. Conventional generators are loud, but they can be made quieter with a generator box and some other tricks.