When a storm strikes and the power goes out, a good generator can prevent hours in the dark and a fridge full of spoiled food. Depending on its size, a portable generator can provide up to 15,000 watts of energy, enough to keep the lights on and power the air conditioner and refrigerator.
However, a generator is only as good as it is reliable. With so many brands on the market, finding a model that provides dependable backup power without breaking the bank can pose a challenge.
This guide delves into the world of generators to identify the top brands on the market and reviews the factors that make these generators a good purchase. Photo: amazon.com. About the Brand: Honda manufactures more than 70 products and fuel-efficient low e-mission 4-stroke engines for generators, water pumps, lawn mowers, and other power equipment.
The company’s generators have a reputation for reliability and relatively quiet operation.Price Range: $$ to $$$$. Not only does the brand manufacturer some of the most reliable automobiles on the market, but it also produces quality generators.
Honda revolutionized the generator market when it introduced the now legendary EU1000i model in 1998, redefining the market for portable power.
Since then, the company has continued to improve on that technology while others have sought to copy it. Though this generator is more expensive than others, consumers are willing to shell out the extra dough because of Honda’s reliability and reputation for quiet operation—the EU2200ITAG produces around the same amount of noise as a coffeemaker at its loudest.
How Do Portable Generators Work?
|Champion Power Equipment 100554||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|DuroStar DS4000S Portable Generator||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Westinghouse WGen3600v||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|WEN 56475 4750-Watt||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|TogoPower Portable Generator||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|PowerSmart Generator, 1000 Watts||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|A-iPower SUA4500 4500 Watt||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Etq TG32P31 3600W Portable Generator||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|All Power America APG3014G||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Pulsar 1,200W PG1202S||CHECK ON AMAZON|
6. Best Quiet Generators for Home Use—Pulsar Generator
It's National Space Day!
However, Honda’s cutting-edge technology isn’t cheap. Honda 1000-Watt Super Quiet Portable Generator: Compact and weighing only 29 pounds, this 1,000-watt generator is portable and energy-efficient.
It is a light-duty generator that’s best for minor power outages. Get this model at The Home Depot for $919. Honda EU3000IS 3000W 120V Portable Home Generator: This quiet generator can run for up to 20 hours on just 3.5 gallons of fuel and powers such appliances as a furnace, fridge, TV, and more.
Wheels and a handle make it easy to move around. Get the Honda 300-Watt Generator on Amazon for $3,399. Shop for more Honda generators at:.
About the Brand: The company manufactures portable, residential, commercial, and industrial generators. On a watt-per-dollar basis, Generac’s generators offer some of the best value in the generator market.Price Range: $ to $$$$.
Unlike some of the other top brands that produce generators as only a part of their business, Generac only makes generators. Generac made a name for itself some 60 years ago when it began engineering and producing affordable generators for home use.
- In addition to producing a line of generators for commercial use, the company today puts out inverters, portable generators, and standby generators for home use.
- It continues to stick to its mission of producing affordable products, with portable generators that fall into the $500 to $1,000 range and home standby generators that start at the $2,000 price point.
- Generac’s product line includes its inverter and portable generators, which produce up to 8,000 watts, and its Guardian series of home backup generators.
- Generac GP3500iO Open Frame RV Ready Inverter Generator: This generator produces 3,500 starting watts and falls well under the $1,000 price point.
- It is a good example of the value Generac offers.
- Get the Generac GP3500iO Open Fram RV Ready Inverter Generator on Amazon for $720.04.
- Generac 7117 GP2200i 2,200 Watt Portable Generator: A 46.6-pound portable generator that’s perfect for powering electronics, appliances, and tools, this model is ideal for backyard festivities or camping.
Get the Generac GP2200i 2,200 Watt Portable Generator at Walmart for $517.35. Generac 22000-Watt Standby Generator: From the company’s Guardian series, this standby generator connects to an existing LP or natural gas fuel supply.
When a power outage occurs, this generator starts within minutes. Get the Generac Standby Generator at Lowe’s for $5,727. Shop for more Generac generators at:.
Photo: amazon.com. About the Brand: For more than 130 years, Westinghouse has delivered an extensive product line of equipment.
Today the company makes generators, power stations, pressure washers, and lawn and garden equipment that meet virtually any demand.Price Range: $ to $$$. One of the older companies on this list, Westinghouse was founded by George Westinghouse in 1886 as an electric company.
- The company produced its first generator, a steam turbine–driven machine, in 1901.
- Today, Westinghouse produces many different types of portable generators.
- Its products range from small inverters that generate about 1,200 starting watts to monster machines that produce 15,000 peak watts.
- Westinghouse’s large product line, coupled with affordable prices (on a watt-per-dollar basis), allows the company to serve a broad range of customers.
- Westinghouse has been an innovator in the market: In recent years, it also developed a line of solar-powered generators.
- The company has also improved the efficiency of its gas-powered models, extending their runtimes to an industry-leading 12 hours.
1. The Quietest Generator—Honda EU2200i Inverter Generator
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF: This generator offers 12,500 peak watts and a runtime of up to 12 hours.
It has two GFCI 120-volt receptacles and one RV-ready 120/240-volt receptacle. Get the Westinghouse WGen9500DF on Amazon for $999.98. Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Generator: A dual fuel generator, this model can use gasoline or propane.
It has wheels, a push-button start, and an extendable suitcase-style handle. It’s designed for use as an emergency backup or for camping.
- Get the Westinghouse iGen4500DF Dual Fuel Generator at Walmart for $1,150.
- Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator: Designed for portable power while camping or backup power at home, this generator offers 4,650 peak watts and 3,600 running watts on its dual fuel tank.
- It also has low oil shutdown and overload protection.
- Get the Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator at Menards for $569.
- Shop for more Westinghouse generators at:.
- About the Brand: An innovator in dual-fuel technology and remote starting, Champion Power Equipment also produces portable generators, standby generators, inverter generators, engines, and log splitters.Price Range: $ to $$$.
- Although Champion launched its generator line in 2003, it quickly rose to the upper echelons of the industry thanks to its innovations in dual-fuel technology and relatively low prices.
- Its generators are among the most affordable on the market.
Safety Features You Should Consider
The company’s dual-fuel generators can run on either propane or gasoline. Its generators also come equipped with a broad range of plugs, including 30-amp and 50-amp outlets in addition to standard 120-volt outlets.
These versatile connections, coupled with their ability to run off propane, have made these generators popular in the RV market.
Like its rival Westinghouse, Champion also boasts a broad line of generators that range from smaller 2,000-watt inverters to 12,000-watt beasts.
Champion Power Equipment 3800 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator: This dual fuel portable generator features a helpful “intelligauge” so users can monitor power output and track maintenance intervals.
- Get the Champion Power Equipment 3800 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator at Camping World for $699.99.
- Champion Power Equipment 4550/3650-Watt Gasoline Portable Generator: With its Cold Start technology that guarantees a quick start in cold weather, this is a reliable generator that’s perfect for DIY projects and camping.
- It also is RV ready and can run a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner.
- Get the Champion Power Equipment 4550/3650-Watt Gasoline Portable Generator at The Home Depot for $345.64.
- Champion Power Equipment 100891 9375/7500-Watt Portable Generator: Powered by gasoline or propane, this 7,500-watt portable generator has an electric start and a built-in surge protector.
- It can provide 10 hours of runtime on gasoline and 5.5 hours of runtime with propane.
- Get the Champion Power Equipment 100891 9375/7500-Watt Portable Generator on Amazon for $963.79.
- Shop for more Champion Power Equipment generators at:.
Construction to Begin on $400 Million Biomanufacturing Plant in Washington
About the Brand: Briggs & Stratton is one of the leading manufacturers of small gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment.
The company makes pressure washers, lawn and garden tools, job site products, and some of the top-rated generators available.Price Range: $ to $$$.
As one of the world’s largest producers of small gasoline engines for everything from lawn mowers to go-karts to generators, Briggs & Stratton should know about building durable engines.
The company has a reputation for producing reliable and powerful engines for a broad range of equipment.
In fact, its engines are so well regarded that the company provides the engines for several other popular generator brands. Briggs & Stratton produces some of the top generators on the market. Although the company has a variety of generators to choose from, including portable, inverter, and home standby generators, it’s perhaps best known for its energy-efficient compact PowerSmart Series, as well as its Elite Series of powerful portable generators that can produce as much as 9,000 watts.
- Briggs & Stratton Elite 8000-Watt Gasoline Portable Generator: In addition to a powerful 420cc engine, this generator allows users to connect to the generator with their smartphone via Bluetooth to monitor power usage, runtime, and fuel levels.
- Get the Briggs & Stratton Elite 8000-Watt Gasoline Portable Generator at The Home Depot for $1,201.74.
- Briggs & Stratton P2400 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator: This generator offers 2,400 starting watts and 1,800 running watts within its noise-reducing shell.
- It also offers carbon monoxide shutdown and indicator lights for low oil or overload.
- It provides enough power for camping or other recreational activities.
- Get the Briggs & Stratton P2400 PowerSmart Series Inverter Generator on Amazon for $732.20.
How We Chose the Best Generator Brands
Briggs & Stratton 30795 P4500 PowerSmart Series Generator: From the company’s PowerSmart Series, this electric start generator is designed for RV and recreational use.
It has four 120-volt outlets and two USB ports. Plus, it shuts down when it detects harmful levels of carbon monoxide.
Get the Briggs & Stratton 30795 P4500 PowerSmart Series Generator on Amazon for $1,279.28. Shop for more Briggs & Stratton generators at:. About the Brand: True to their name, DuroMax generators are known for reliability and durability, while the company has a reputation for innovations in dual fuel.
It makes engines, pumps, pressure washers, and accessories.Price Range: $ to $$$$. DuroMax makes its own engines, which are renowned for their durability.
Like its rival Champion, DuroMax is an innovator in dual-fuel technologies with many of its generators capable of running off of both propane or gasoline.
- Several of its generators are loaded with a variety of connections, including 30-watt and 50-watt sockets, making DuroMax generators popular with RVers.
- Some of DuroMax’s dual-fuel generators can produce up to 15,000 watts, thanks to a 23-horsepower V-twin engine.
- DuroMax generators also have innovative features, including its MX2 power boost technology, which doubles the amperage of a 120-volt outlet to 240 volts to handle heavier loads.
- DuroMax XP12000EH 12000 Watt Gas or Propane Generator: The versatile portable generator features a 12,000-watt output and a broad range of power outlets.
- Get the DuroMax XP12000EH 12000 Watt Gas or Propane Generator on Amazon for $1,399.
- DuroMax XP4400EH 4,400-Watt Hybrid Generator: This generator can power a refrigerator, home air conditioning, and heavy-duty power tools with its 3,500 running watts.
- It also can run on gasoline or propane.
- Get the DuroMax XP4400EH 4,400- Watt Hybrid Generator at Walmart for $549.
View the Best Portable Generators, Below.
Shop for more DuroMax generators at:. About the Brand: Predator is the brand name for generators produced by Harbor Freight.
The company produces generators at discount prices. The family-owned company has been selling tools at discount prices for more than 40 years.Price Range: $ to $$.
Discount tool and equipment company Harbor Freight, which was founded in 1977, markets its own brand of generators under the name Predator.
Like its other product lines, Harbor Freight makes generators that boast high performance at a budget price. One of the company’s most popular generators is a super-quiet inverter that produces a maximum of 3,500 watts, which it sells at a fraction of the price of similar-powered inverters from other brands.
The Predator line, which is popular with RVers as well as homeowners and contractors, also includes bargain-priced 4,000-watt generators and larger inverters that produce as much as 9,500 watts.
Predator 3500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator: This quiet generator is an example of the company’s ability to offer high-output generators at a budget price.
- It offers 11 hours of runtime at 25 percent load, and it has a 30-amp RV hookup adapter.Get the Predator 3500-Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator at Harbor Freight for $899.99.
- Predator 9000 Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator: With 9,000 starting watts and 7,250 running watts, this unit can run up to 13 hours on 50 percent load powering home essentials.
- It has multiple outlets, including GFCI outlets.
- Get the Predator 9000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator at Harbor Freight for $799.99.
- Predator 4375 Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator: This generator offers up to 16 hours of runtime at 50 percent load.
- It’s intended for emergencies, job sites, and outdoor recreation.
- Get the Predator 4375 Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator at Harbor Freight for $449.99.
- Shop for more Predator generators at:.
How to Choose the Correct Size of Generator
About the Brand: WEN has a long history of developing tools—from the chainsaw to the electric engraver—and has made a name for itself with a line of affordable portable generators.Price Range: $ to $$.
WEN was a pioneer in the power tool market in the mid-20th century, helping to develop chainsaws, soldering guns, electric jigsaws, and other products since its launch in 1951.
The company’s mission is to help woodworkers and artisans execute their wildest imaginations.
Over the years, WEN has expanded to include a variety of other power tools, including generators.
WEN produces home generators and portable generators that are among the least expensive on the market. WEN DF1100T 11,000-Watt 120V/240V Portable Generator: This generator comes in at a lower price point than similar-powered models, while also offering an 8.5-hour runtime.
Get the WEN DF1100T 11,000-Watt 120V/240V Portable Generator on Amazon for $901.60. WEN GN625i CARB Compliant 6250-Watt Generator: If extra power is needed for an emergency or a project, the WEN is ready with six outlets and 5,000 running watts.
It has enough power for a variety of household appliances, including a microwave and a sump pump.Get the WEN GN625i CARB Compliant 6250-Watt Generator on Amazon for $752.33.
- Shop for more WEN generators at:.
- Photo: homedepot.com.
- About the Brand: With 50 years of experience, Sportsman has a reputation for producing versatile multi-fuel generators for outdoor enthusiasts, construction sites, and power failures.Price Range: $ to $$.
- Although Sportsman’s generators can be used as backup emergency power for a home, they’re designed for outdoor enthusiasts, with the largest generator topping out at about 4,000 watts.
- Sportsman generators run off a variety of fuels, including gasoline, propane, and natural gas, making them one of the few tri-fuel generators on the market.
- Each of its generators features 30-amp hookups that work with RVs. This versatility makes Sportsman generators ideal for a variety of uses, ranging from tailgating to camping to emergency electricity during an outage.
What’s the Difference Between Standard Portable Generators and Inverter Generators?
Sportsman 4,000-Watt/3,500-Watt Recoil Start Tri-Fuel Portable Generator: One of the only tri-fuel generators on the market, this 4,000-watt generator can run on natural gas, gasoline, or propane.
It offers a 12-hour runtime on a full 20-pound propane tank at 50 percent load.Get the Sportsman 4,000-Watt/3,500-Watt Recoil Start Tri-Fuel Portable Generator at The Home Depot for $527.20.
Sportsman 1,000/900-watt Gasoline Powered Portable Generator: This small portable generator is designed for campers and tailgaters with 900 running watts of power.
It can power small appliances for 5 hours at a 50 percent load and it runs at 65 decibels. Get the Sportsman 1,000/900-watt Gasoline Powered Portable Generator at The Home Depot for $179.
Shop for more Sportsman generators at:. About the Brand:This brand is only sold at The Home Depot and has a reputation for making user-friendly power tools and lawn tools, including generators.Price Range: $ to $$.
Ryobi launched in 1943 as an auto parts company before later expanding into power tools and generators. Today, the company’s power tools are sold primarily through The Home Depot. Like its line of power tools, Ryobi’s generators are relatively affordable.
- Though the company produces just a handful of models, Ryobi’s generators feature innovative controls that make them more user-friendly than many other generator brands.
- Its most popular model features digital displays that provide real-time data regarding fuel level, power load, and runtime, all of which can be monitored via Bluetooth from a smartphone.
- These generators also come with safety features, including a carbon monoxide automatic shut-off switch.
- Ryobi 2,300-Watt Recoil Start Bluetooth Inverter Generator: With digital controls and the ability to be monitored via a smartphone, this is an example of the user-friendly features Ryobi’s generators offer.
- Get the Ryobi 2,000-Watt Recoil Start Bluetooth Inverter Generator at The Home Depot for $649.
- Ryobi 6,500-Watt Gasoline Powered Generator: Delivering 6,500 running watts, this generator is made to be transportable with its wraparound frame and 10-inch wheels.
- It offers four 120-volt GFCI outlets and one 240-volt outlet. Get the Ryobi 6,500-Watt Gasoline Powered Generator at The Home Depot for $849.
- Shop for more Ryobi generators at:. About the Brand: Engineered in the U.S., Firman generators have a long running time with their large gas tanks.
They field-test their generators in extreme weather conditions.Price Range: $ to $$$. Though Firman has been making generators for years for such brands as Kohler and Ridgid, it didn’t start producing generators under its own brand until 2015.
The company has made inroads into the market by addressing top customer demands. No one likes having to constantly refill the tank in the generator, which is why Firman outfits its generators with gas tanks that are 25 percent larger than a standard gas tank, giving its generators significant run times of 12 hours on a half-load.
It also knows that the second biggest gripe about generators is noise, which is why the company has an entire line of generators—the Whisper series —that is designed to produce as little noise as possible, with decibel outputs of around 67 decibels.
Firman’s generators range from 3,000-watt inverters for camping to 9,000-watt generators for homes or remote work sites. Firman H08051 Extended Run Time Generator: This generator demonstrates the innovations Firman has made in extending the runtime of its generators.
- It has an electric start and provides 12 hours of runtime on 8 gallons.
- Get the Firman H08051 Extended Run Time Generator on Amazon for $1,199.
- Firman 3650-Watt/3300-Watt Portable Generator: With its remote start, wheel kit, and quiet 58-decibel operation at 25 percent load, this is a handy generator for tailgating, camping, and home.
- The 1.8-gallon tank provides up to 9 hours of runtime.
- Get the Firman 3650-Watt/3300-Watt Portable Generator at Firman Power Equipment for $1,249.99.
- Shop for more Firman generators at:.
- After extensive product research reviewing the variety of types of generators on the market, this collection of recommended products from the best generator brands was selected based on several criteria, including value for money, portability, flexibility of use, and popularity with users.
How to Write a Business Plan for a Construction Company
While reviewing the generators available on the market, we specifically looked for and chose products that provide a range of features from dual-fuel (and a unique triple-fuel option), remote start, and safety features.
Runtime, durability, and the number and types of outlets provided were also valued features we considered when reviewing the available generators from the top brands. The selection in this guide includes generators at a variety of price points that can ably power part or all of a home during an outage; some can power an RV, and others are designed to power a tailgating event or camping adventure.
Welcome to the Thomas guide to the best quietest portable generator in 2022. Thomas has been connecting North American industrial buyers and suppliers for more than 120 years. When you purchase products through our independent recommendations, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With power shortages occurring in the USA more often than they used to (much more than any other developed country thanks to outdated grids, and lack of maintenance and upgrades), many are seeking out the quietest portable generators now more than ever.
What’s the difference between a Portable Generator and a Portable Power Station?
You'll likely already be aware of the usefulness of portable generators, and maybe even have yourself one or two, but after realizing the racket conventional portable generators are known to make, you can be forgiven for wanting to upgrade to a quieter model.
We scoured the market and found some of the quietest generators around.
There are a few things to consider when you want to buy a generator and we go through the important ones below.
When it comes to choosing a generator, the first thing to think about is how many devices or appliances will need to be powered by it, and also if you’ll want sensitive electronics to be powered by it, in order to figure out how many watts are appropriate for your needs.
As a rough guide, if a device you need to power uses 250 running watts, its starting wattage is around three times that number.
5. Best Quiet Portable Gas Generator—Generac Generator with USB Port
Multiplying 250 by four (3x starting watts and 1x running watts) will show that you need a generator with a minimum of 1,000 watts. As far as the generator noise level is concerned, the generators on our list of the best range from 48 to 60 decibels; to give you an idea of how quiet that is, the average home noise is 40 decibels, and 60 decibels is akin to the noise level of background music or normal conversation.
Another factor to consider is whether your quiet power generator of choice is CARB-compliant, which means it meets the standards of the California Air Resources Board for better air quality. In addition to choosing a carb-compliant clean power model, it’s best to opt for a fuel-efficient generator, with lower fuel consumption, and preferably a fuel economy mode.
Many of the modern gas generators come with an eco-mode which helps your pocket as well as the environment. An easy-to-read fuel gauge or external fuel indicator will help you keep tabs on the fuel efficiency and consumption. There are a number of tried and tested quiet portable generators on the market and we've listed the top options below so you can finally stop worrying about disturbing the neighbors, or having that constant buzzing background noise when running your portable generator for long periods.
4. Best Quiet Generator for RV—Briggs & Stratton Generator
For tasks like powering lights, charging devices, and keeping the refrigerator on—all while keeping as quiet as possible—a smaller generator will do just fine, but if you want to operate heavy-duty tools or machinery—or even your whole house during an outage—you might want to opt for a bigger model with 9-12,000 peak watts.
We've selected a variety of the best-rated quiet portable generators for every need, fuel type, and budget, so you can choose the best one for you. Below you'll find our list of some of the best quiet generators on the market, including popular inverter generators known for being super quiet like the Honda xxx, so you can avoid all the noise pollution emitted by a noisy generator.
Read on to learn more about these quietest generators and see what thousands of happy buyers have had to say about them.
Where Is the Longest Bridge in the World?
*Prices listed in this article were as shown in US$on Amazon.com (USA) and other online retailers as of February 2022.
- Anyone who knows anything about generators knows that Honda makes one of the quietest—if not the quietest—portable generators around.
- The Honda EU2200i TAG 2,200-watt ultra-quiet generator has a ton of rave reviews, with competitors trying to match its efficiency and low noise level.
- It has a smaller fuel tank capacity than the other contenders on this list, but this also makes it lightweight.
- Just a few of the many reviews for these Honda inverter generators, with CO-minder, note, "Easy to start and really quiet," "Promises 'super quiet' and it is," and "quiet enough to have a conversation without raising your voice [when] standing on the exhaust side while [it's] running."
- Watts: 2,200 starting, 1,800 running.
- Tank capacity: 0.95-gallon fuel tank.
- Run time: 6 hours half load. Weight: 46 pounds. The Westinghouse iGen2200 portable inverter generator is another highly-rated super quiet generator that many customers feel is superior when it comes to fuel efficiency, but with a great price point too.
- It runs at 2,200 peak watts, is powered by gas, and is also CARB-compliant with a low fuel consumption as well as a low noise level.
BMW Unveils Luxury Electric 7 Series with Movie Theater Backseat
One of the 1,200+ reviewers, who purchased this reliable power generator after losing electrical power due to Hurricane Maria, wrote "It works perfectly..
- Provides power to a refrigerator, lights, two fans, and some hours of TV. We run it 12 hours a day on average; it is very efficient and saves us money on daily gasoline costs. Very satisfied." Watts: 2,200 peak. Tank capacity: 1.2-gallon fuel tank.
- Run time: 12 hours. Weight: 46 pounds. After specifically searching for the best quiet generators for camping, the WEN 56203i 2,000-watt gasoline generator came up trumps. "Took this on a camping trip," reads one of its many camping-related reviews, "and everyone who passed by our campsite commented on how quiet [it] was compared to others.
Didn't use up much gas either." It only weighs 39 pounds and is strong enough to power all your camping basics.
- If you want a slightly more powerful version, you might want to check out the WEN 2,350-watt model. Watts: 2,000 starting, 1,700 running. Db: 51db at quarter load. Tank capacity: 1 gallon.
- Run time: 10.8 hours quarter load. Weight: 39 pounds. The Briggs & Stratton P4500 Power Smart Series inverter generator has been tried and tested by many RV owners to critical acclaim.
- With its electric start, CO guard, and super-quiet operation, it's an ideal generator to power all your RV necessities. "I have had zero problems with this generator," wrote one fan.
7. Best Lightweight Quiet Portable Gas Generator—Champion Quiet Generator
"Starts beautifully and powers my RV air conditioner and microwave flawlessly." In relation to functionality and ease of use, another user, who bought two of these to run in parallel to power their RV trailer, described, "Easy setup; just add oil and gas.
Both units fired up on the first pull and ran smoothly and quietly.. They powered all the normal things I would run at the same time, including the A/C..
This is a great setup for anyone using them to power an RV." Watts: 4,500 starting, 3,700 running. Tank capacity: 3.5 gallons. Run time: 16 hours quarter load.
Weight: 114.8 pounds. Generac is a top name when it comes to generators and these iQ3500 portable inverter generators with 3,500 watts live up to the company’s stellar name—and then some.
If you’re also looking for a USB port, this thing has two. It features advanced inverter technology and provides clean and stable electricity rivaling other inverter generators of this caliber. The crowd is divided on whether it's "quieter than a Honda" and a “truly silent generator” as mentioned in the product title on Amazon, but just the fact that this is even up for debate—considering that Honda is touted as having the quietest generators around—is a very good sign.
The handy engine speed selector can help you reduce noise and fuel consumption, and the company also claims that it has more power output than its competitor model too. Many reviewers have commented on this quiet power generator’s fuel efficiency, and one of the 2,700+ reviews reads, "This unit is so quiet and so much more gas efficient than my old unit," and another customer who also found it extremely fuel-efficient wrote, "It is very, very quiet..
I put a gallon of gas in it this morning and it’s been running over 11 hours." Watts: 3,500 starting, 3,000 running. Tank capacity: 2.6 gallons. Run time: up to 14.1 hours. Weight: 109.1 pounds.
For whole-house use, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better quiet portable generator than this Pulsar G12KBN-SG model that can provide twice the power of some of the other generators in this price range and adequate power output during a power outage and emergency situations.
What to Consider for a Home Backup System
A heavy-duty dual fuel machine with 12,000 peak watts, that's transfer-switch and RV ready, this machine can power almost anything you plug into it.
It gives you the option of using either gasoline or propane to power it up, boasts a large fuel tank, an electric push start, and even though it's rather large in size, the handy wheels make transporting it easy.