Two Ways to Create a Bootable USB
Ifyou own a Windows 10 PC, it is a good idea to create a bootable USB drive ofyour OS (operating system). This way, you can install or reinstall Windows 10to repair a PC that won’t turn on or connect to the internet.
Here’s how tocreate a Windows 10 bootable USB. Before you start the process, make sure you have the following:. A reliable internet connection. A USB drive with at least 8 GB of free space. Your 25-character product key (you don’t needthis for digital purchases).
To create aWindows 10 bootable USB, download the Media Creation Tool. Then run the tooland select Create installation for another PC.
Using Magic ISO Maker to Test Disk Images
Then go to Microsoft’s website to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Click on the Download tool now button, which you will see under Create Windows 10 installation media. Double-click the file called MediaCreationToolxxxx.exe file to launch it.
This file should be in your Downloads folder or wherever you set downloads to go.
The last four digits of the file name indicate the version of Windows 10.
Then click Accept in the pop-up window. Select the Create installation media option and click Next. Select the language, architecture, and edition that you want to use to create the bootable USB.
- You can check the Use the recommended options for this PC box to use the same language, edition, and architecture you are using now.
- You can also use the drop-down options to change the options.
- If you’re not sure about whether you need a 64-bit or a 32-bit architecture, select Both from the Architecture drop-down menu.
Next, choose USB flash drive and click Next.
- Finally, click Finish. If you want to make sure that you created a bootable USB drive with the Windows 10 installer on it, go to File Explorer and check your drives in This PC.
- Your drive should be renamed something like USB-ESD (Electronic Software Delivery). When you open the drive, you should see boot files and a setup.exe file. Now, if you need to install or reinstall Windows, you can connect the drive to your computer and reboot it.
Your PC should then give you the option to install Windows.
- If not, double-click the setup.exe in the drive to start the installation process.
- Note: Before you install Windows 10, check to make sure your PC or laptop meets the system requirements for Windows 10.
- If you want to know how to check your computer specs, check out our guide here.
- PAGE CONTENT:Download the Best USB Bootable SoftwareTwo Ways to Create a Bootable USBFirst and Foremost - Create a Portable Windows USB DiskGuide - Create a WinPE-based USB Disk.
- EaseUS Todo Backup is recommended here as the best USB bootable software, plus an essential bootable USB creation tool for personal users and companies.
- It's the all-in-one software that integrates both bootable USB and ISO images together, which facilitates users to create portable Windows 11/10/8/7 that greatly reduce worry in case of an unexpected system failure, crash, and similar disasters that cause a complete shutdown.
With EaseUS Windows backup software, customers can gain the following benefits:. Backup and recovery for disk/partition, data, files, folders, operating system, mail, exchange, etc.
Check USB Drive Bootable Status from Windows PowerShell
Disk/partition clone, OS migration to HDD/SSD. Transfer system to dissimilar hardware. Create USB portable Windows. Create Linux/WinPE-based bootable USB stick.
A great combination of creating a bootable Windows USB drive and a bootable backup drive. An official, lightweight, easy-to-use and effective bootable USB creation tool that allows even less experienced users to have a try. Automatically detect the USB drive and help format the drive to the required FAT32 file system.
With the help of the EaseUS Windows backup software, you are able to create a bootable USB drive in two ways.
Easily create a portable Windows USB that contains system and user files.
Simply create a WinPE-based bootable USB stick that can only boot into EaseUS Todo Backup. Follow the step-by-step guide below, and make your own bootable USB drive with the amazing bootable USB creator.
Creating a portable USB is your very first choice. All you need to do is download the useful system cloning tool and clone the operating system to your portable device.
Check Whether USB Is Bootable Using MobaLiveCD
During the system cloning process, you can create a portable USB drive. You can boot Windows from the USB drive anytime if you're trying to restore a crashed system even the computer did not install EaseUS Todo Backup software.