Languages: EnglishFrançaisEspañolPortuguêsDeutsch日本語. In order to install the Windows operating system or fix a broken Windows, a bootable USB flash drive is needed.
How to create bootable USB from ISO Windows 10/11?
- A Windows 10/11 USB tool or USB bootable software will be introduced. Besides, the best way to protect the PC against system issues is also told to you.
- As to Windows 10/11 OS, it has got more popularity due to its advantages, for example, reliability, better user experience, safety, etc.
- Therefore, most of you may have reserved a copy of the Windows 10/11 upgrade for your computers.
- But there may be some who may want to go for a clean install by using a Windows ISO image.
Besides, when there is something wrong with the operating system, you may also choose to reinstall Windows.
Or, when getting a new PC without OS, you need to make a clean install. Additionally, to boot the non-working PC and perform a repair, you also need a Windows repair disc or USB drive. To install the operating system or to create a rescue disc, it is a choice to burn the operating system into a CD or DVD disc. Though it is nothing hard, the method is clunky, expensive and no-so user-friendly when considering the CD/DVD writer and the cost of an actual CD/DVD disc.
Thankfully, you can use a USB flash drive.
- Tip: Sometimes your USB flash drive cannot be detected by Windows after connecting it to your computer.
- If so, refer to this article - Fix USB Flash Drive Not Recognized & Recover Data – How To Do to get the solutions.
|Bahasa Indonesia||,||Bahasa Malaysia||,||Български||,||Čeština||,||Dansk||,||Deutsch||,||Ελληνικά||,|
|Polski||,||Português||,||Português do Brasil||,||Русский||,||Română||,||Slovensky||,||Slovenščina||,||Srpski||,|
Move 3: System Image Recovery
In this post, we will show you how to download the ISO image, burn ISO to USB and create USB boot disk from ISO for Windows 10/11 installation.
When searching for “make bootable USB” on Google, you will find many ways. And here, we will show you 2 common ways for Windows bootable USB creation. Microsoft offers you a utility called Media Creation Tool, allowing you to download a Windows 10 ISO file compatible with your PC or directly create a bootable USB drive so as to install Windows 10.
It’s Necessary to Create Bootable USB from ISO Windows 10/11
This is the easiest and reliable method. Just follow the step-by-step guide to make bootable USB from ISO.
Step 1: Go to Windows 10 download page and click Download tool now to get MediaCreationTool.exe.
- To create bootable usb from iso Windows 11, go to this page and click Download Now from Create Windows 11 Installation Media.
- Step 2: This is an independent executable file that doesn't need installation, so you can simply run the tool and create bootable USB from ISO.
8. GNOME Multiwriter
Just double-click on the .exe file and then accept the terms. Step 3: Then, choose the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC option and click the Next button to continue. Step 4: Then this tool will capture the language, Windows edition and architecture details from your Windows installation.
Also, you can uncheck the option Use the recommendation for this PC and re-specify these details.
Step 5: In the following page, you can see two options: USB flash drive and ISO file. Here you can directly choose the former option and make bootable USB from ISO.
The ISO-to-USB Winner Is…
Please ensure your USB has 8 GB capacity at least.
Tip: If you choose the option ISO file, it is also allowed. After clicking Next, you need to select a location to save the ISO file.
And then, the tool will start to download Windows 10/11 and perform some operations. After that, you need to burn ISO file to USB drive and then create bootable USB from ISO.
Step 6: Select a USB flash drive and click Next to continue. Note: The files on the USB drive will be deleted.
A Mini-Glossary of ISO-to-USB Tool Terminology
- Thus, you had better back up them to another safe location to keep these files. Here, the professional backup software, MiniTool ShadowMaker, will be helpful to back up files with ease. Step 7: The tool is downloading Windows 10/11 to your selected USB. Please wait patiently. Step 8: The tool is creating Windows 10/11 media, just be patient to wait. Step 9: After a few minutes, your USB flash drive is ready.
Suggestion: Back up Windows & Restore System
- To create bootable USB from ISO, some of you may choose to use USB bootable software like Rufus.
- It is thought as one of best, free, open-source and easy-to-use Windows 11/Windows 10 USB tool since it can create bootable USB for different kinds of operating systems.
- Step 1: Start USB bootable software free download for all Windows.
Since I'm getting asked about this on regular basis, there is no donation button on this page.
The main reason is that I feel that the donation system doesn't actually help software development and worse, can be guilt-inducing for users who choose not to donate.
Instead, I think that "mécénat"; or developer patronage, from companies which benefit most from a healthy FLOSS ecosystem, is what we should be aiming for. This is because, unless they are backed by a company, developers who want to provide quality Open Source software cannot realistically sustain full time development, no matter how generous their software users are.
Also, unless you are blocking them (hint, hint), you'll notice that there are ads on this page, which I consider sufficient revenue enough.
Finally the fact that I have the freedom to develop Free Software in my spare time should indicate that I'm well-off enough, and therefore that you should direct your generosity towards people who need it a lot more than I do. If you really insist, you can always make a donation to the Free Software Foundation, as they are the main reason software like Rufus is possible.
At any rate, I'll take this opportunity to say thank you for your continuing support and enthusiasm about this little program: it is much appreciated!
But please continue to feel free to use Rufus without any guilt about not contributing for it financially – you should never have to!
(1) Speed comparison between Rufus and other applications
The following tests were carried out on a Windows 7 x64 Core 2 duo/4 GB RAM platform, with an USB 3.0 controller and a 16 GB USB 3.0 ADATA S102 flash drive.
|•||Windows 7 x64||:||en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_618240.iso|
|Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool v1.0.30||00:08:10|
|Universal USB Installer v220.127.116.11||00:07:10|
|•||Ubuntu 11.10 x86||:||ubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386.iso|
|Universal USB Installer v18.104.22.168||00:01:20|
|•||Slackware 13.37 x86||:||slackware-13.37-install-dvd.iso|
|Universal USB Installer v22.214.171.124||00:24:35|
(2) Non exhaustive list of ISOs Rufus is known to work with
|Arch Linux||,||BartPE/pebuilder||,||CentOS||,||Clonezilla||,||Damn Small Linux||,||Debian||,||Fedora||,||FreeDOS||,|
|Garuda Linux||,||Gentoo||,||GParted||,||Hiren's Boot CD||,||LiveXP||,||Knoppix||,||KolibriOS||,||Kubuntu||,||Linux Mint||,|
|Manjaro Linux||,||NT Password Registry Editor||,||OpenSUSE||,||Parted Magic||,||Partition Wizard||,||Raspbian||,|
|ReactOS||,||Red Hat||,||rEFInd||,||Rocky Linux||,||Slackware||,||Super Grub2 Disk||,||Tails||,||Trinity Rescue Kit||,|
|TrueNAS CORE||,||Ubuntu||,||UEFI Shell||,||Ultimate Boot CD||,||Windows XP (SP2+)||,||Windows Vista||,|
|Windows 7||,||Windows 8/8.1||,||Windows 10||,||Windows Server 2019||,||Windows 11||,||…|
Hosting by GitHub