Minimum System Requirements. This is a great sound card; from the ease of installation, to the use of a PCIe slot, to the EMI shielding, I couldn't have asked for more. As with most CL cards, it's best to get current drivers from their web site rather than use the included CD..but you know that already. Also, don't forget to disable the mobo's sound card in the BIOS..or there will be a problem..but you know that too. So with those two issues out of the way, there is nothing standing in the way of you receiving great sound!Since this was a new build, I wanted something that would take advantage of my new mobo features [5.1 & HD sound] so I chose the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional..I have no regrets.
- The music [jazz, symphony, rock] coming from my Logitech speakers sound wonderful. Since I'm not a gamer, I had no idea about the young man's picture or how this card works for gamers [although it should be the same]..but as a retired sound engineer [for a PBS station back East] the music I listen to is crystal clear as with the sounds I've created for the web sites I've designed.
- This is an older card by creative labs but a very good card. The card came with no instructions the drivers had to be downloaded from creative lab support website and it is very important to download the drivers for the exact card you have purchased.
- Once the drivers were downloaded you need to go through many menus to get 5.1 surround sound and the record option. It takes time and effort to get the right settings if you don't, your playback is stereo 2.1.
- It is a very good board and maybe I should have research more for instruction and set up manuals. I have this audio card installed on 2 Dell tower pc's 64 bit windows 10 , chrome browser and they both work fine after setting them up correctly.
- Support software for this board is what is on creative support website and I believe that no additional updates will be made by creative to this cards software.
- Maybe wise to update to a newer card but be very careful that the board will support the windows you have installed and browser.