First off, the card sounds great.Creatives software on the other hand, is a 'solid' 4 out of 10 stars. When I first purchased this it worked just fine on my Windows 7 machine but after updating to 10 it stopped working and had to wait several months for Win10 compatible drivers. At first things seemed fine, but every month or three it would suddenly stop working and the only way to fix things was by completely uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling. Over the past week, it stopped again but the old fix no longer worked anymore.
- Now when I tried installing the drivers again it just said "Could not find supported device", so I ended up removing the card. Lo and behold a number of other semi-random issues that have been plaguing my system suddenly seem to have vanished!
- Possibly, but it happened the moment I turned on the computer without the Soundblaster for the first time.
- The Sound Blaster X-Fi HD is a USB audiophile-grade sound card with premium connectivity for your notebook or PC. The front panel includes a conveniently located 1/4" microphone input and 1/4" headphone jack with a studio quality headphone amp and volume control.
- The rear panel features optical I/O, gold-plated stereo RCA I/O plus an integrated phono preamp for direct recording of your vinyl collection from your turntable.
- SBX Pro Studio™ sound technologies create unprecedented levels of audio realism, including stunning 3D surround effects for your speakers and headsets. Please note that the recent Microsoft update on 27 October 2020 (version 20H2), as well as some prior versions, removes Adobe's Flash Player. Our MediaTool Box software for Sound Blaster ZxR, Sound Blaster X-Fi HD, Sound Blaster Digital Music Premium HD, and Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1, which requires Adobe's Flash Player to work, will cease to work properly if you have updated your Windows recently.