One in August 13' - We have a network of weather stations for our magazine located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Im no novice having over 20 years in weather. 16 of that doing and forecasting weather on TV. We bought the Davis units because we wanted to replace a cheaper one. We've always heard Davis was quality. The unit was put in service 3500' up on a mountain so we could display valley vs mountain temps. The unit was in service about 6 months and then the rain measuring unit failed.
Highlights Click here to learn more about the product.
- Their tech support sent us a refurbished unit in the summer of 2014.
- It worked for a few months then the transmitter unit failed.
- It kept drawing too much current and continually ran the lithium battery down.
- Would only work in daylight on clear days via the onboard solar cell.After another call to tech support we were told the refurbished unit that replaced our newly bought unit here on Amazon was out of warranty and we could buy the part to fix it.
- Over 300 dollars but it would eventually be credited back to 102 dollars if we returned the part.We are puzzled.
- We paid for a new unit. Got replaced with a used unit that lasted less than 6 months.
- And now were held up saying we'd have to pay over 300 dollars initially to get it fixed.No thanks Davis.
- You lost a customer and tons of future referrals.
- Sensor suite is solar-powered with battery-backup; console is AC-powered with battery-backup.
- Set 22 simultaneous alarms to warn of dangers such as high wind, freezing temperatures, rain rate, heat index, and more.
FAQsClick here to view popular questions and answers about the product.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions people have about the Davis Vantage Vue line of weather stations.
What is Vantage Vue?
Davis Vantage Vue is a state-of-the-art weather station that provides local, real-time weather data. The data is sent from the sensor suite wirelessly to the console, which provides historical graphs and forecasting capabilities. The Vantage Vue line is designed to help those who need to know what the weather is in their own backyard instead of regional averages provided by local news sources. It is an accurate, reliable, and durable backyard weather station that is easy to install and easy-to-use.
How do I connect my Vantage Vue to the internet?
The best part about the Vantage Vue is that you can upload and access your data remotely using a Wi-Fi connection by adding a WeatherLink Live to your system. Installing your weather station and setting up your WeatherLink Live to receive data is as easy as following the included instructions. First, install the WeatherLink mobile app on your phone and create a free WeatherLink.com account. With your phone’s Bluetooth on and the phone near the WeatherLink Live, tap the Account Icon in the upper right corner. Scroll down to WeatherLink Live and tap the Add button. The app will walk you through powering up and connecting your WeatherLink Live and setting up the Vantage Vue sensor suite to transmit to the WeatherLink Live.
You can upload your data to a weather service website such as Weather Underground by logging in to WeatherLink.com. Click Share & Uploads, then click Upload, and Add Upload. Choose Weather Underground from the pull-down menu, then enter your station ID and Key.
How do I change the battery in my Vantage Vue?
The Vantage Vue weather station’s sensor suite operates using a solar panel with a 3-volt lithium battery back-up. A supercapacitor powers the system at night. The battery should last several years, depending on solar charging. The console is AC-powered with battery backup from three C-cell batteries, which should last up to 9 months without AC-power. The console will indicate when battery power is low, on either the sensor suite or console.
To replace the 3-volt lithium battery on the sensor suite, open the battery compartment on the bottom of the sensor suite. To change the C-cell batteries in the console, with AC-power connected, open the battery compartment on the back of the console.
How do I reset my Vantage Vue?
The Vantage Vue weather station console does not have a reset button. To reset it, remove all power sources, both the AC-power cord and batteries. You should leave it disconnected for 10 to 20 seconds and then repower the unit to restart it.