It is possible to Download Windows 10 ISO File directly to USB Drive from Microsoft’s download page, instead using Media Creation Tool on your computer to create Windows ISO File.
As you must have noticed, Microsoft’s official download page does not provide the option to download Windows ISO File.
- Instead, it provides the option to Download Windows Media Creation tool to your computer and requires you to run the Media Creation tool on your computer to create an ISO File.
- As mentioned above, it is possible to download Windows 10 ISO File directly to USB Drive using 2 different methods as provided below.
- The easiest way to download Windows 10 ISO File directly to USB Drive is by visiting Microsoft’s download website on a MacBook or Chromebook. When you visit Microsoft’s website using a different operating system, it reveals the option to download Windows ISO File.
- Visit Microsoft’s ISO download site using a Mac or Chromebook. On Microsoft’s download site, select the Edition of Windows 10 that you want to download and click on Confirm.
Select Language and click on Confirm. On the next screen, select 32-bit Download or 64-bit Download as required for your computer.
- If you are not sure, refer to this guide: How to Check if Your computer is 32 0r 64-bit. When prompted, select USB Drive as the download location and click on Save.
- If you do not have a Mac or Chromebook, you can still download Windows ISO File to USB Drive by switching the web browser on your computer to a Non-Windows User Agent. Open Google Chrome web browser on your computer and visit Microsoft’s ISO download site.
- Click on 3-dots menu icon > hoover mouse over More Tools and click on Developer Tools. On Developer screen, click on the menu icon > hoover mouse over More Tools and click on Network Conditions.
- On Network conditions screen, uncheck Select Automatically option and click on the down-arrow next to Custom. From the menu that appears, select Chrome – Mac as the User Agent and do not close the Developer Window. Note: You can select any Non-Windows User Agent. After selecting User Agent, refresh the download page (Do not close Developer Tools) and you will see the option to Download ISO File.
- Select the Edition of Windows that you want to download and click on Confirm. Select Language and click on Confirm. On the next screen, select either 32-bit Download or 64-bit Download to start the download. Note: You might be able to Upgrade From 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10. When prompted, select USB Drive as the destination for download and click on Save.
Note: The browser’s user agent will return back to normal as soon as you close Chrome’s developer tools. Is there a way to install windows 10 on a USB flash drive? I basically want to use a 128 GB USB stick to run Windows 10, so that I can just plug it in to a pc and boot into a preinstalled version of Windows 10.
Is that possible? Many people want to install Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive.
- Unfortunately, Windows Installer does not allow you to install it to a USB flash drive.
- Is there a way to install windows 10 on a USB flash drive?
- Yes, here you will find instructions on how to install any version of Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive and run Windows 10 from the USB flash drive.
After the installation is complete, you can install programs and copy files to the USB drive, then you can take the portable Windows 10 USB flash drive to anywhere you want to go and use it on any computer, whether it is a Legacy BIOS or UEFI computer.
Your current edition of Windows Windows 10 edition Windows 7 Starter
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 8/8.1 Professional with Media Center
Windows 8/8.1 Single Language
Windows 8 Single Language with Bing
Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Windows 8/8.1 Chinese Language Edition
Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing
Windows 10 Home China
- Connect the USB flash drive to the computer. Download and install WinToUSB, then run it as administrator. Click the button, then click the button and select the Windows 10 installation ISO file from the open dialog box. WinToUSB scans for and lists installable operating systems in the Windows 10 installation ISO. Please select the edition of Windows you want to install, then click "Next". Select the USB flash drive in the drop-down list.
- After clicking "Next", WinToUSB begins installing Windows 10 to the USB drive.
It takes some time to install. After installation restart the computer and change BIOS to boot from your USB drive. Windows 10 normal installation starts up and you have to complete all the installation steps. After that, you can install programs, copy files, etc. Follow these simple steps, you can create a Windows 10 To Go on a USB flash drive easily.
Do you want to install Windows 10 on a bare PC? If so, you may need to use USB to install Windows 10.