Upgrade a Windows 10 PC to Windows 11. You have a Windows 10 license. Your PC must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed to run Installation Assistant. Your PC meets the Windows 11 device specifications for upgrade requirements and supported features. Certain features require additional hardware. We also recommend that you visit your PC’s manufacturer’s website for information about updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
Your PC must have 9 GB of free disk space to download Windows 11. You need to be an administrator to run this tool. Once the tool confirms the device hardware is compatible, you will be presented with the license terms. Select Accept and Install. Once the tool is ready, click the Restart Now button to complete installation on your computer.
It might take some time to install Windows 11, and your PC will restart a few times. Make sure you don’t turn off your PC. This post includes content for Windows 11 64 bit requirements and how to download and install Windows 11 64 bit OS for your PC. For more computer tips & tricks as well as free computer programs, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
Windows 11 will be free to download for Windows 10 users. This post mainly teaches you how to get Windows 11 64 bit downloaded for your PC. Before you start, you can first check the Windows 11 64 bit requirements to make sure your PC hardware meets the conditions to download and install the Windows 11 64 bit OS. If you want to download the 64 bit Windows 11 OS, you should meet the minimum system requirements Microsoft has announced for Windows 11. Processor: 1GHz or faster, 2 or more cores, a compatible 64-bit processor. RAM: 4GB or larger. Storage: 64GB or larger. Graphic card: Support DirectX 12 or newer versions.
TPM: TPM version 2.0. >> More Windows 11 specifications & requirements. You can use Microsoft PC Health Check app to test if your PC can install Windows 11 64 bit OS.
The app will be available to download when Windows 11 rolls out. Now you can manually check your PC full specs to see if it is qualified for downloading Windows 11 64 bit.
Release Date Of Windows 11
This post teaches you how to get a Windows 11/10 digital license and use it to activate Windows 11/10 PC.
- Via Windows Update.
- If your PC is running on Windows 10 64 bit and meets the Windows 11 64 bit requirements.
- You can get Windows 11 64 bit operating system for free via Windows Update.
- Go to: Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update.
Click the “Check for updates” button to check if the Windows 11 insider preview build is available to download. If you didn’t see the Windows 11 insider preview build, it might be because you haven’t join Windows Insider Program yet or your computer hardware doesn’t meet the Windows 11 64 bit requirements.
If you see the preview build is available, then you can click Download and Install to instantly download Windows 11 64 bit full version on your PC. For Windows 10 Pro users, you’ll have Windows 11 Pro 64 bit. For Home edition users, you will have Windows 11 Home 64 bit. Download Windows 11 64 bit ISO.
Another method to have the 64 bit OS of Windows 11 is to download its ISO file. Windows 10 users can download the new Windows 11 ISO image for free. You can download the Windows 11 ISO file for 64 bit from Microsoft or other reliable online sources.
Then burn the ISO file to a USB flash drive.
Updated Notification and Quick Setting Design
Plug the USB bootable drive into your computer and enter BIOS. Choose to boot your computer from the USB drive. When you see the Windows Setup window, follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 11 64 bit OS.
- Note: Microsoft doesn’t release the official Windows 11 64/32 bit ISO file (disc image) yet.
- You may find some other Windows 11 64 bit ISO sources to download online, but be careful, it may be fake or contain malware.
- It’s advised you wait for the official ISO image file released by Microsoft. This post provides 12 tips to help you fix Windows 11/10 activation/product key not working issue.
- To check if you installed 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 11 OS, you can click Start -> Settings -> System -> About.
- Under Device specifications, you can find if you are running a 64-bit or 32- bit version of Windows 11 OS next to System type.
Under Windows specifications, you can also see your Windows 11 edition, version, and build number.
This post introduces the top 10 free product key finder software. You can choose a preferred key finder to find your Windows 10/11 key or other products’ keys.
Run Android Apps On Windows 11
After releasing Windows 10 in 2015, Microsoft announced that it would be the last version of the popular operating system. Well, times change, and whether it was because of the technical advances or competition from Chrome OS, Microsoft released Windows 11 at the beginning of October.
- The design of Windows 11 will look familiar to anyone familiar with Chromebook, as it seems to have had a significant impact on the development team.
- Don’t be fooled by the design, Windows 11 behaves and functions the same as Windows 10.
- The big improvement is with the features and compatibility with Android apps, quick access to Microsoft Teams, improved gaming, XBOX integration, and more.
There are also some visual upgrades to the interface that will make it more comfortable to use. This includes rounded corners instead of sharp edges, updated icons, and a nicer settings menu. Follow the instructions below and I’ll show you how to get your free Windows 11 upgrade.
Microsoft has recently released Windows 11 as a free upgrade for everyone who has Windows 10.
Coming Soon: Android Compatibility
If you’re still using an older version of Windows, you will first need to upgrade to Windows 10, and then you’ll qualify for the Windows 11 upgrade. There are two ways to download Windows 11. Upgrade through your current Windows 10 OS: Open the Start Menu and click on the Settings button.
- Open the Update and Security section, and you’ll see the option to upgrade Windows.
- Click on the Download and Install button, and the installation will automatically begin.
- Download the exe file: If you don’t have the option to upgrade directly through Windows, Click on the Download button on the sidebar.
- This will open to the official Windows download page.
- Click the Download Now button, and the file will download on your computer.Before Windows installs the upgrade, it will run a quick diagnostic test on your computer to ensure that it’s compatible with the requirements.
If your computer can’t handle the upgrade, the installation will terminate, and you can continue using Windows 10.
If your computer is compatible, follow the on-screen instruction, and the upgrade will install on your computer.
Windows 11 is a large file, and it can take up to a few hours to install on your computer.
Therefore, don’t start the installation when you need the computer, but rather run it overnight or when you’re leaving the office. Not every computer can handle the Windows upgrade. I like that Microsoft has a PC Health Check tool, which you can download on the same page where you download the exe file.
How to Check If You Have 32 Bit or 64 Bit Windows 11
It scans your computer, and it will let you know if your computer has the resources to handle Windows 11. The required specs aren’t anything crazy, and most computers that are less than three years old shouldn’t have a problem handling the upgrade.
Features and Changes
Your computer needs:. CPU: At least 1 GHz. TrustedPlatform Module (TPM): 2.0. Firmware: Must support Secure Boot, UEFI. The first thing that jumped out at me when I started using Windows 11 is that the start menu and program icons have moved from the left-hand corner where they’ve been for as long as I can remember.
Now, they sit right in the center of the menu bar on the bottom of the screen.