One of the questions that I often get is about how to wire a form 9s meter. Since I get this question so often I thought I would put up a form 9s meter wiring diagram.
- Here it is with comments about the form 9s meter wiring diagram below.
- The form 9s meter is one of the most commonly used meter forms.
- S0, as you begin to study the wiring diagram I want to make note of a few things.
- First is that the colors that I chose were chosen at random.
- That is because there is no universally accepted color code.
- You need to make sure that when you are doing the wiring that you adhere to your utilities color code.
- If you do not have a color code then create one.
- You can use the colors above with some important changes.
- If you use colors that are the same you need to make sure you have a way to tell the difference between them.
- One way to do this is to use a red wire for one and a red wire with a black or white tracer for the other.
- This helps with troubleshooting especially down the road.