Removing the RAM is an easy task that requires no tools.
Mac mini Late 2012 Memory Maxxer RAM Upgrade Kit . Place your thumbs in the depressions cut into the bottom cover.
Rotate the bottom cover counter-clockwise until the white dot painted on the bottom cover is aligned with the ring inscribed on the outer case.
You do not need to apply much downward pressure while turning.
Repeat this process if a second RAM chip is installed.
To reassemble your device, follow these instructions in reverse order.
- To reassemble your device, follow these instructions in reverse order. 169 other people completed this guide.
- Choose a size and copy the code below to embed this guide as a small widget on your site / forum.
Replacement parts for your Mac mini Model A1347 Late 2012 model to fix your broken computer!
iFixit has you covered with parts, tools, and free repair guides.
- Repair with confidence! All of our replacement parts are tested to rigorous standards and backed by our industry-leading warranty.
- Refreshed in October 2012, the Mac mini Model A1347 externally looks the same as its predecessor with Thunderbolt, Ethernet, and Firewire "800" ports, but the four USB ports have been upgraded to USB 3.0.
- Internally, this update features Core i5 or i7 processors with faster internal architecture, faster graphics, and faster RAM.
As with the Mid 2011 this Mac mini lacks an internal optical drive.
Use this guide to install iFixit's Dual Hard Drive Kit in your Late 2012 Mac Mini.