In addition to creating page routes, which means pages are served to the browser as Web pages, Next.js can create API routes. This is a very interesting feature because it means that Next.js can be used to create a frontend for data that is stored and retrieved by Next.js itself, transferring JSON via fetch requests.
API routes live under the /pages/api/ folder and are mapped to the /api endpoint. This feature is very useful when creating applications. In those routes, we write Node.js code (rather than React code).
It’s a paradigm shift, you move from the frontend to the backend, but very seamlessly. Say you have a /pages/api/comments.js file, whose goal is to return the comments of a blog post as JSON.
Say you have a list of comments stored in a comments.json file:. Here’s a sample code, which returns to the client the list of comments:.
It will listen on the /api/commments URL for GET requests, and you can try calling it using your browser:. API routes can also use dynamic routing like pages, use the  syntax to create a dynamic API route, like /pages/api/comments/[id].js which will retrieve the comments specific to a post id.
- Inside the [id].js you can retrieve the id value by looking it up inside the req.query object:.
- Heres you can see the above code in action:. In dynamic pages, you’d need to import useRouter from next/router, then get the router object using const router = useRouter(), and then we’d be able to get the id value using router.query.id.
In the server-side it’s all easier, as the query is attached to the request object.
If you do a POST request, all works in the same way - it all goes through that default export.
- To separate POST from GET and other HTTP methods (PUT, DELETE), lookup the req.method value:. In addition to req.query and req.method we already saw, we have access to cookies by referencing req.cookies, the request body in req.body.
- Under the hoods, this is all powered by Micro, a library that powers asynchronous HTTP microservices, made by the same team that built Next.js.
- You can make use of any Micro middleware in our API routes to add more functionality. Broadband is a type of internet service that provides high-speed internet to its service.
- The broadband is capable of wide bandwidth type transmission that transports multiple signals. The medium used by the broadband is optical fiber, coaxial cable, twisted pair and radio.
It can be used by organizations and can be used for personal use. In fibre broadband, the fibre cables are used for sending the data through it.
The fibre broadband is comparatively faster than normal broadband, and also the connection is reliable.
- Below are the top 5 comparisons between Broadband vs Fibre:.
- Let us discuss some key differences between Broadband vs Fibre in the following points:. When the user chooses to have internet service, the first factor that needs to be considered is reliability.
- In today’s internet time, broadband and fibre optic are both considered a reliable connection that provides high-speed internet.
Debugging with Chrome DevTools
The broadband connection is more reliable than other alternative like fibre connection as in fibre connection there can be some interruptions because of local conditions that affect the reliability of fibre connection.
The design of both the connection type is passive like it didn’t face any kind of interruption, but if comparison needs to be made between two broadband will be a better option in terms of reliability.
For organizations that use internet services, bandwidth needs to be considered an important factor for comparison.
As in the organizations, they required high-speed internet because of their business operations like video conference, meetings, online presentations and upload or download of many large-sized files.
For all these requirements, the company focus on the high requirement of bandwidth. And in the broadband connection, the services are shared by many individuals at the same time that compromises with the bandwidth of the connection.
Difference Between Broadband vs Fibre
While on the other hand, fibre optics is a dedicated service that is used by the business only for which it is set up so that speed is not compromised and the user gets maximum bandwidth for a constant time.
By this, the fibre optic has more bandwidth compared to broadband service. For doing any business worldwide, the prime requirement for any organization is to serve its services on the cloud platform. And companies cannot afford in any delay during file upload or download on cloud storage.
And as they deal with customers and clients directly, there is always a requirement for high-speed internet. The optic fibre is a better option compare to broadband when providing high-speed internet as the fibre optic is a dedicated service that provides direct internet service to business organization sob that no one shares the bandwidth, but in the broadband connection, the bandwidth is shared by many users that result in slow connection and delay can be there when performing business operations by the organization.
Difference between Programmer vs Developer
All in One Software Development Bundle (600+ Courses, 50+ projects)600+ Online Courses | 3000+ Hours | Verifiable Certificates | Lifetime Access 4.6 (3,144 ratings).
- Related Courses. Java Training (40 Courses, 29 Projects, 4 Quizzes)Python Training Program (39 Courses, 13+ Projects)HTML Training (12 Courses, 19+ Projects, 4 Quizzes).
- When the individual takes the internet services, the primary concern is always the network security and whether there is any potential risk while using the internet service.
And when we compared broadband service and fibre connection, the broadband is more convenient for attackers to attack on the network and do a malicious activity. Gaining access to a broadband connection is much easier for attackers to attack and damage the network.
While on the other hand, the attackers need to do more effort to attack on the dedicated fibre connection.
Async vs. sync work
So, when the organization selects between broadband and fibre internet and needs to choose based on security, they always use to select fibre connection over broadband.
The other important key difference between two broadband and fibre internet is the price of connection. The fibre internet connection is comparatively expensive to a broadband connection.
- The organizations are working to make the fibre connection affordable to the users.
- The normal individual cannot afford to have a fibre connection in their home due to its price, but a normal broadband connection is cheap and affordable.
- Large-scale organisations select the fibre connection as they need to perform large-scale operations requiring a high-speed internet connection, and they can easily afford to have a fibre connection in their organization premises.
- The fibre optics has several advantages over the broadband connection in terms of speed, reliability and security, but when it is compared based on prices, broadband connection win the battle with a fibre connection, but the fibre connection is value for money internet service.
The table below summarizes the comparisons between Broadband vs Fibre:. As in a fast-growing world, everybody has a requirement to have fast and reliable internet services and in the market, there are several options for the internet service.
The broadband connection and fibre connection are both convenient options that provide high-speed internet to the users.
Debugging with VS Code
And selection among the two is completely dependent on user requirements and needs. This is a guide to the top differences between Broadband vs Fibre.
Here we discuss the key differences of Broadband vs Fibre with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –.
Gatsby gives plugins and site builders many APIs for building your site.
- Code in the file gatsby-node.js/gatsby-node.ts is run once in the process of building your site.
- You can use its APIs to create pages dynamically, add data into GraphQL, or respond to events during the build lifecycle.
- To use the Gatsby Node APIs, create a file named gatsby-node.js/gatsby-node.ts in the root of your site.
- These let you access several methods like reporting, or perform actions like creating new pages.
An example gatsby-node.js file that implements two APIs, onPostBuild, and createPages. The TypeScript and Gatsby documentation shows how to set up a gatsby-node file in TypeScript.
If your plugin performs async operations (disk I/O, database access, calling remote APIs, etc.) you must either return a promise (explicitly using Promise API or implicitly using async/await syntax) or use the callback passed to the 3rd argument.
Gatsby needs to know when plugins are finished as some APIs, to work correctly, require previous APIs to be complete first.
Comparison Table of Broadband vs Fibre
See Debugging Async Lifecycles for more info. If your plugin does not do async work, you can return directly. Create pages dynamically. This extension point is called only after the initialsourcing and transformation of nodes plus creation of the GraphQL schema arecomplete so you can query your data in order to create pages.
You can also fetch data from remote or local sources to create pages. See also the documentation for the action createPage. See the documentation for Node API Helpers for more details.
- See the list of documented actions. : Query GraphQL API. See examples here.
- See GatsbyReporter documentation for more details. No return value required, but the caller will await any promise that’s returned.
Like createPages but for plugins who want to manage creating and removingpages themselves in response to changes in data not managed by Gatsby.Plugins implementing createPages will get called regularly to recomputepage information as Gatsby’s data changes but those implementingcreatePagesStatefully will not.
An example of a plugin that uses this extension point is the plugingatsby-plugin-page-creatorwhich monitors the src/pages directory for the adding and removal of JSpages.
- As its source of truth, files in the pages directory, is not known byGatsby, it needs to keep its own state about its world to know when toadd and remove pages.
- Add custom field resolvers to the GraphQL schema. Allows adding new fields to types by providing field configs, or adding resolverfunctions to existing fields.
- Things to note:. Overriding field types is disallowed, instead use the createTypesaction. In case of types added from third-party schemas, where this is notpossible, overriding field types is allowed.
Key differences between Broadband vs Fibre
New fields will not be available on filter and sort input types. Extendtypes defined with createTypes if you need this. In field configs, types can be referenced as strings. When extending a field with an existing field resolver, the originalresolver function is available from info.originalResolver.
The createResolvers API is called as the last step in schema generation.Thus, an intermediate schema is made available on the intermediateSchema property.In resolver functions themselves, it is recommended to access the finalbuilt schema from info.schema.
Gatsby’s data layer, including all internal query capabilities, isexposed on context.nodeModel. The node store can bequeried directly with findOne, getNodeById and getNodesByIds,while more advanced queries can be composed with findAll.
It is possible to add fields to the root Query type. When using the first resolver argument (source in the example below,often also called parent or root), take care of the fact that fieldresolvers can be called more than once in a query, e.g. when the field ispresent both in the input filter and in the selection set.
This means thatforeign-key fields on source can be either resolved or not-resolved. For fuller examples, see using-type-definitions.
Current GraphQL schema. Add custom resolvers to GraphQL field configs. An object map of GraphQL type names to custom resolver functions. Optional createResolvers options.
Silences the warning when trying to add resolvers for types that don’t exist. Useful for optional extensions.
Customize Gatsby’s GraphQL schema by creating type definitions, fieldextensions or adding third-party schemas. The createTypes,createFieldExtension andaddThirdPartySchema actionsare only available in this API.