If you use Google Photos as your photo backup service, I am sure you must have hundreds, if not thousands of photos in it. I had close to 77 thousand photos stored in my cloud storage account. I could revisit my college memories to my first job to my wedding photos. So I think it’d be nice to have some of these photos displayed on a sleek and slim digital photo frame. Digital photo frames are simple to use and operate.
They let you change photos at your whim. What’s more, some frames even let you send photos via email.
Photo frames with support for Google Photos let you connect directly to the cloud service and select your choice album.
- Yes, as simple as that.
- If you are planning to buy a digital frame or planning to gift one, here are some of the best photo frames with Google Photos integration.
- Let’s have a look. Here’s how you can create a photo slideshow on the Amazon Echo Show.
Take a look at the 5 best instant camera for kids to buy.
- If you are looking for an affordable photo frame, you can check out the PhotoShare Smart Frame.
- This one costs just about $100 and offers a 1920×1080 resolution in a 10-inch display.
- It comes with an 8GB internal memory and can store a slew of digital photos.
Apart from the Google Photos integration, this smart frame can also connect to the Wi-Fi network. The PhotoShare frame can receive around 50 photos at a time via the companion app.
And if that was not enough, the app also lets you add captions for photos.
For its price, this digital frame packs plenty of extras. For one, you can play videos and music with ease. On days when the Wi-Fi is acting up, you can stick an SD card or a USB drive and have the photos displayed in all their glory.
- Sending photos from Google Photos is as simple as sharing the file directly to the frame.
- Plus, you can also sync Google Photos photos and albums, and the photos will be added directly to the frame, irrespective of where the frame is.
- Of course, you will need to connect the frame to Google Photos via the app first.
- The photo quality is not one of the best, but it gets the job done for its price.
- The frame looks great, and you can opt for interchangeable mattes to give the frame a conventional look.
It’s available in two variants—Black and Espresso, and the latter looks really great.
The Pix-Star digital frame is one of Amazon’s popular digital frames.
Pick albums to display on your device.
It brings home an HD screen in a 15-inch LED display. It’s feature-rich and lets you display your photos and videos over Wi-Fi, SD-card, Pen drive, and a dedicated email address.
- Other than that, this Pix-Star frame supports a long list of web-based services such as Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, OneDrive (see OneDrive vs.
- Google Photos), among others.
- Of course, Google Photos is also on the list and the integration works well.
- At the same time, linking the app to a web-based service is simple and easy.
- The frame has an online picture management system that shows you the supported web-based platforms’ names.
- All you need to do is choose the one and follow the authentication process.
- The picture quality is clear and crisp, and you will find accurate color reproductions.
- Several users have backed this as part of their reviews.
If we go by Fakespot’s estimates, around 74.7% of the reviews are trustworthy and reliable.
A nifty extra of this Pix-Star frame is that you can also listen to your favorite music if you plug in an SD card.
- As noted earlier, this feature also comes in use when you are experiencing Wi-Fi downtime.
- When it comes to the looks, I feel this frame doesn’t resemble conventional wooden frames since the borders are a little thin for my liking.
- However, that’s my personal opinion.
- The Pix-Star Digital Photo Frame also comes with a physical remote.
If you do not want just another run-of-the-mill digital picture frame, you should certainly consider buying the Aura Mason Frame.
- The crux of this frame is its premium build.
- The borders are thick and textured and give the vibes of a conventional wooden frame.
- The frame has added weights on either side, making it easy to prop it up vertically and horizontally without any added support.
Though it’s smaller than most of its counterparts, the 1600×1200 pixel resolution renders clear and crisp images. And the neat touch bar at the top adds to the experience.
Can link multiple Google Photos accounts to a digital photo frame?
The strength of this digital photo frame lies in its clean and highly functional phone app.
- The app is compatible with both iOS and Android and handles most of the things—be it changing the frame settings or playing with the photo settings.
- Plus, it’s easy to use. People love it for its auto-sync feature which displays new photos wherever certain albums on your Android or iPhone are updated.
- Apart from supporting both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, the web-based support is limited to only Google Photos and iCloud.
- And as you may have guessed, the link is established via the app. The Aura Mason justifies its price with its nifty feature set.
- For one, it automatically crops photos to meet the size of the frame. As per the folks at The Wirecutter, this frame did this job far better than its competition.
- Secondly, the touch-sensitive bar at the top lets you mark your favorite photos as well. Another nifty feature is the automatic light sensor, which modifies the screen’s brightness as per the ambient light.
The Aura Mason is in the same price bracket as the Pix-Star frame mentioned above, and if it’s the looks that matter more to you, it the Mason you should go for.
How do digital photo frames with Google Photos work?
- Another popular digital frame is the Nixplay Seed Wave. With a sleek frame and a textured back, this frame is a looker and is the most expensive frame in this list. It has an appealing set of features such as Bluetooth integration, compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant along with support for many web-based services and apps like Instagram and Facebook.
- And the best part is that you can share this email address with friends and family so that they can share photos directly to your frame.
- And this is a huge plus, especially if you want to send this digital photo frame as a gift to your loved ones.
- One of the highlights is the Motion sensor. This one works well and has a range of 2.5-meters. Installation is easy and pain-free.
Adding Borders Around Images in Google Docs
Once you log into the companion app, you can connect to Google Photos and photos from shared Google Photos.
And if that was not enough, you can also add soundtracks to your photo playlists via the app.
Spotify users can stream songs directly on the Nixplay Seed Wave. Quite naturally, the Nixplay Seed Wave has earned a fair number of great reviews.
How to link Google Photo to a Pix-Star digital photo frame?
3. Aura Mason Frame
However, it’s not without its share of flaws. It doesn’t have a touchscreen display meaning you will have to use the remote.
- On the upside, Nixplay has an impressive customer care service that is quick to assist, and several users on Amazon have backed this claim. If you want to add more chops to your digital photo frame, it’s best to invest in the Google Nest Hub.
- Adding borders around your images is a good way to give them a little extra flair.
- Google Docs has a set of built-in features for adding borders and, while they’re not as sophisticated as the options offered in something like Office, they do the job.
To add a border around an image, go ahead and open the Google Doc that contains the image. If you haven’t inserted your image yet, head over to the “Insert” tab, select “Image,” then choose the respective option to locate your image.
1. PhotoShare Smart Frame
After inserting the image, you might need to resize it. To do this, select the image and then grab the handle on any corner. On the toolbar, you’ll see three separate border tools.
How to delete Google Photos from a digital photo frame?
They are Border color (1), Border weight (2), and Border dash (3). Go ahead and select “Border color” first.
- Once selected, pick a color you like from the dropdown menu.
- In this example, we’ll go with a simple black. Once you’ve selected your color, you’ll notice a very thin border appear around your image. Looking good so far! If you want to adjust the thickness of the border, select the “Border weight” icon.
2. Pix-Star Digital Photo Frame
By default, the border has a 2pt width. We’ll select 12pt for this example. The changes will now take effect.
- You’ll see your image with a 12pt black border around it. Finally, if you want something other than a solid border, click the “Border dash” icon and then select one of the two other options from the dropdown menu.
- We’ll select the dotted border option. Now your image border should look something like this. Unfortunately, the border options are a bit limited. Hopefully, Google Docs will expand its feature set in the near future.
- How Wolfenstein 3D Shocked the World, 30 Years Later› What Does the Skull Emoji Mean?
The Big Picture
💀› Why You Should Turn Your Old TV Into a Digital Art Frame. › How to Put Borders Around Images in Microsoft Word.