This step-by-step guide will assist you to install Tamil Fonts in multiple operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS and Linux (leave us a comment below if you have a different OS). Productive applications, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop CS6, CC 2017 and Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.) will also have the fonts available.
ANSI Tamil Fonts
The setup is fast and easy, but with different guidelines according to your operating system version. To be able to use any type of Tamil typeface, including Bamini, Vanavil Avvaiyar, or Latha, you need to follow three main steps. From our collection of Tamil typefaces, choose the font that fits your needs and it’s appropriate to your writing style. In order for the file to be easily found, download the zip file to a known location (example: ‘downloads’ folder or ‘Desktop’).
Then, extract the .ttf file. There are multiple installation methods, and they differ according to the Operating System you have on your computer. Nevertheless, it’s quite simple and fast, no master degree is required.
QUICK TIP: Since 80% of our readers use Microsoft Windows Operating System, we recommend method 2 (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10) which allows you to ‘Preview’ how the font looks like, and if you enjoy it you can easily click ‘Install’. According to your operating system, you can choose different installation options, some more advanced than others.
Option 1: Right-click the .ttf font file and choose ‘Install’. Option 2: Double-click the Tamil Font .ttf file to open the font (preview mode) and click ‘Install’. Option 3: Click ‘Start’ button, search for ‘Fonts’, open ‘Fonts’ Folder and copy/paste the .ttf Tamil font to the ‘Fonts’ folder (which is also located under ‘Control Panel’ = \Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts).
Google Tamil Fonts
Important: when using method 3, if you receive an error, you need to guarantee the file is not compressed (copy the .ttf file, NOT the zip file) and make sure you have Administrator Privileges.
Option 1: Right-click the .ttf font file and choose ‘Install’. Option 2: Click ‘Start’ button, search for ‘Fonts’, open the ‘Fonts Folder’ and copy/paste the .ttf Tamil font to the ‘Fonts’ folder (which is also located under ‘Control Panel’).
Note: Double-click method is not available for Microsoft Windows Vista.
– Press the ‘Start’ button, select ‘Control Panel’ and open ‘Appearance and Themes’ category. – Choose ‘Fonts’. – Go to menu ‘File’ and select ‘Install New Font’.
– Browse the folder location where you have downloaded your font and click ‘OK’.
Note: make sure you unzip the font so you can copy the .ttf file, and not the .zip file. – Copy/Paste the .ttf font file into the default Windows Font folder (C:\WINDOWS\FONTS or C:\WINNT\FONTS).
Bamini Tamil Keyboard Layout
– Double-click the file to open the ‘Preview’ option and click ‘Install’.
– Copy/Paste the Tamil Font file directly to the Font folder/LIBRARY/FONTS.
- – Copy/Paste the Tamil Font file directly to the Font folder/USR/SHARE/FONTS.
- Using the installation methods described above, you will guarantee Tamil Scripts will be available not only in your Operating System but also in your production applications, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop CS6, CC 2017 and your Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.).
Do you have an operating system not listed in this step-by-step guide?
- Leave us a comment below with the information and we will analyze how to install Tamil Fonts in your system.
- Hi chandraekaran. Thank you for using Microsoft Answers Forums!
- You can also try this step: .
- Note: Before you download a font, make sure you trust the source.
1.Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.
2.Click File, and then click Install New Font. If you don’t see the File menu, press ALT. 3.In the Add Fonts dialog box, under Drives, click the drive where the font that you want to install is located.
Open Microsoft Word
Click the Review Tab
In the Proofing Group
Click Select Set Language that opens Language Dialog Box
Scroll down and choose Tamil Language Click Yes and Enter OK
Now, MS Word is ready to type in Tamil
Download the font from the font collection
Extract and located .ttf file (standard file format for fonts)
Double click on the file and click install
Or copy paste the font file to the folder C:\Windows\Fonts.
UIDAI uses bamini Tamil font in Aadhaar card. It is one of the widely used Tamil fonts due to its typography.