- 3ds Max is a 3D graphics software designed for creating professional-quality 3D animations, renders, and models.
- The software is embedded with great features and a flexible toolset to help graphic designers and animators create better 3D content in less time.
- 3ds Max is heavily packed with features and effects for creating just about any kind of premium design on Windows.
- You can visualize high-quality architectural renderings, model interiors, and objects, and bring any character to life with animation and VFX.
- You’re probably wondering how on earth a program like this is available for free.
- Well, you’re right; 3ds Max is quite an expensive program.
However, if you have an immediate need for a program like this, Autodesk provides 3ds Max for free for 30 days with full features and functionality. Follow the simple instructions below and I’ll show you how to download Autodesk 3ds Max for free.
Click the Download button on the sidebar to open the 3ds Max download page. Click on ‘Download free trial’ to get the free trial version of the app.
How to Download and Install 3ds Max on Your PC for Free
- Follow the instructions on the pop-up window, create an Autodesk account (no card details required) and proceed to download the setup file.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Depending on your internet speed, this will take between 25-40 minutes to complete.
- Once installation is done, log in with the account you created in step 2 above.
- Now, you can start designing and animating.
- If your 30-day free trial is complete or you’re done with 3ds Max and wish to remove it from your PC, you can do that by following these easy steps:.
Free Alternatives to 3ds Max
- Type Add or Remove Programs in the Windows search bar and click the Enter key.
Search for 3ds Max in the list of installed programs. Click the Uninstall button. The uninstallation wizard will open. Confirm that you want to remove the software, and it will be deleted from your computer.
If you’re looking for a similar software, check the free alternatives below. Autodesk 3ds Max is a unique program packed with a flexible toolset that enables artists and designers to create animations and motion graphics.
- 3ds Max allows you to focus more of your creative energy on actual creativity, with all the technical challenges taken care of.
Although the previous version of the program, 3D Studio and 3D Studio Max, were available for macOS, the current version, 3ds Max 2022, is only compatible with Windows. Getting started with 3d Max. Using 3ds Max software does not require super graphic design skills, but you need to have some experience using similar software or previous versions of the application before starting.
- This application is heavily packed with features and effects for creating just about any kind of premium design on Windows.
With the rich toolset of 3ds Max, you have complete artistic control to create massive worlds in games, visualize high-quality architectural renderings, model interiors and objects, and bring any character to life with animation and VFX.
- Modeling and texturingCreate and animate geometry in many intuitive ways with enhanced spline toolsCreate or use pre-existing procedural OSL maps with any supported rendererCreate best-in-class procedural edge modeling detailsCreate with automated retopology and mesh repairApply material finishes, change texture, and edit colors.
Create and animate geometry in many intuitive ways with enhanced spline tools.
- Create or use pre-existing procedural OSL maps with any supported renderer.
Create best-in-class procedural edge modeling details. Create with automated retopology and mesh repair. Apply material finishes, change texture, and edit colors. Animation and effectsDesign realistic liquid behaviors reflecting water, oil, and lavaCreate procedural animation and character rigging with CAT and biped toolsView animation trajectories directly in the viewport using keyframe and procedural animation tools.
Design realistic liquid behaviors reflecting water, oil, and lava. Create procedural animation and character rigging with CAT and biped tools. View animation trajectories directly in the viewport using keyframe and procedural animation tools.
3ds Max Overview
RenderingReduce the interactions of designs with render qualityUse the Arnold GPU Renderer to view scene changes in real-timeCheck out the near-final rendering quality of your scenesIt also simulates real-life camera settings, including shutter speed, exposure, aperture, depth of field, etc.
Reduce the interactions of designs with render quality. Use the Arnold GPU Renderer to view scene changes in real-time. Check out the near-final rendering quality of your scenes.
How to Uninstall 3ds Max
It also simulates real-life camera settings, including shutter speed, exposure, aperture, depth of field, etc. Workflow and pipelineIt features tear-off viewports that offer you a smooth, high-quality design experienceDrastically reduce file sizes while maintaining their original complexityCreate your own custom workspacesParametrically generated details, such as animated vehicles, are automatically populated.
It features tear-off viewports that offer you a smooth, high-quality design experience. Drastically reduce file sizes while maintaining their original complexity.
Features of 3ds Max
Create your own custom workspaces. Parametrically generated details, such as animated vehicles, are automatically populated.
Design visualizationUse features like lighting and textures to bring your creations to lifeImport data from anywhere, using CAD and BIM data directlyWhile working, you can see and make changes in your scene in near-final rendering quality.
Is 3ds Max secure?
Use features like lighting and textures to bring your creations to life. Import data from anywhere, using CAD and BIM data directly. While working, you can see and make changes in your scene in near-final rendering quality.
Can Beginners use 3ds Max?
Games and entertainmentModel a place, person, or element with fast spline and poly modeling workflowsEasily iterate and see near-final quality renders of your game assets in the viewportAdd shading and lighting to your game assets with powerful texture baking tools.
Is 3ds Max free?
Model a place, person, or element with fast spline and poly modeling workflows. Easily iterate and see near-final quality renders of your game assets in the viewport.
1. Adobe Fuse
- Add shading and lighting to your game assets with powerful texture baking tools.
- Cinema 4D: This is an excellent tool from MAXON, designed to offer professional 3D artists a flexible and advanced platform for creating impressive 3D graphics quickly and easily.
- Cinema 4D is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Bender: Bender is available as an open-source 3D creation suite with which graphic artists can do 3D pipeline, animation, game creation, rigging, compositing, simulation, rendering, motion tracking, and much more.
- Adobe Animate: From Adobe suite, this application features multimedia authoring and animation.
- Adobe Animate works for designing vector graphics and animation for movies, television series, web animations, web applications, rich web applications, game development, etc.
While there is no completely free version of 3ds Max, if you follow the step-by-step guide above, I’ll show you how to get it free for 30 days.
As long as you download the software from the official 3ds Max site, you won’t have any issues with viruses, malware, or spyware.
Yes, you can learn the application using the free tutorials, but it is best if you already have experience using graphics tools.
Visit 3ds Max Website.
- Comes with various geometric primitive shapes
- Supports soft and rigid bodies dynamics
- In-built rendering mechanisms for universal use
- Guided rendering and physics simulation
- Poorly documented files
- Impossible to convert .blend -files to other formats
Blender is pro-level freeware that comes with a set of features for modeling, sculpting, animation, simulation, rendering, post-production, and adding audio tracks to your videos.
It has a lot of versatile animation features, namely, inverse kinematic tools, skeletal animation, Mesh Deform option, keyframe animation, etc.
This editor also comes with various geometric primitives, which support ultra-fast modeling with the help of the Subdivision Surface modifier.
It also makes it easy to work with polygon models, Bézier curves, NURBS surfaces, and many others. What’s more, there are also a lot of 2D animation instruments, but you need the best laptop for Blender to reveal their full potential.
3. Art of Illusion
- Full set of animation tools and special effects
- Standard 3D objects support
- 3D objects animation
- Allows working with layers and textures
- Some effects are difficult to apply
- Has a limited number of tools for creating a composition out of several 3D objects
Art Of Illusion is a freeware product for 3D animation and static image rendering. It enables one to animate 3D objects by changing their positions and orientation.
It supports several types of objects each of which comes with specific modeling and editing tools, for instance, there are such primitives as a cube, sphere, and cylinder. It also allows working with curves, pipes, grid splines, triangle grids, polygon grids, and many other plug-ins.
All the models created in Art Of Illusion can be exported for further 3D printing. This software is just perfect for beginners and rookie designers.
Download 3DS Max Free
Download this 3DS Max free trial version to test all its features for 30 days. After using its advanced toolset, you will be able to appreciate the simplicity of its interface and enjoy a wide variety of tools designed for creating perfect animations.
Hi there, I'm Eva Williams - a professional blogger, read more