Unlike the other texture nodes, this node operates differentlyin geometry nodes compared to the equivalent shader node.When not connected the Vector input has an implicit position attribute value.
Why Do You Need Image Textures For A Material?
- Texture coordinate for texture look-up. If this socket is left unconnected,UV coordinates from the active UV render layer are used.
Creating Your UV Map For Your Model
- Image Data-Block
- Image data-block used as the image source. Currently not all images supported by Blender can be used by Cycles.In particular, generated, packed images or animations are not supported currently.
- Color Space
- Type of data that the image contains, either Color or Non-Color Data.For most color textures the default of Color should be used, but in case of e.g. a bump or alpha map,the pixel values should be interpreted as Non-Color Data, to avoid doing any unwanted color space conversions.
The Image Texture node is used to add an image file as a texture.The image data is sampled with the input Vector and outputs a Color and Alpha value.
- Regular quality interpolation.
- Smoother, better quality interpolation. For bump maps this should be used to get best results.
- No interpolation, use only closest pixel for rendering pixel art.
- Only for Open Shading Language. Use cubic interpolation when scaling up and linear when scaling down,for better performance and sharpness.
The image socket can be used to connect to the Group Input node.If this is not connected the image can be opened or selected from the node.
- Uses the XY coordinates for mapping.
Texture coordinate for texture look-up. If this socket is left unconnected,the Position attribute is used.
- For Box mapping, the amount to blend between sides of the box,to get rid of sharp transitions between the different sides.Blending is useful to map a procedural-like image texture pattern seamlessly on a model.0.0 gives no blending; higher values give a smoother transition.
- Sphere mapping is the best type for mapping a sphere,and it is perfect for making planets and similar objects.It is often very useful for creating organic objects.
- Maps the texture around an object like a label on a bottle.The texture is therefore more stretched on the cylinder.This mapping is of course very good for making the label on a bottle,or assigning stickers to rounded objects. However,this is not a cylindrical mapping so the ends of the cylinder are undefined.
If the Image supports animation, the frame can be set here.This can be keyframed so that the image changes between frames.
- Will repeat the image horizontally and vertically giving tiled-looking result.
- Will extend the image by repeating pixels on its edges.
- Clip to the original image size and set all the exterior pixels values to transparent black.
Build Your Own Blender Textures Library for Free
- RGB color from image. If the image has alpha, the color is premultiplied with alpha if the Alpha output is used,and unpremultiplied or straight if the Alpha output is not used.
- Alpha channel from image.