Modified10 months ago. I am on window 10 and the node has already been installed.
and I tried to install Vue CLI as an administrator on both cmd and PowerShell but this is showing the following error:.
- This version of C:\Users\DELL\node_modules\node\bin\node.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.
- Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.
Install Node.js on Windows: This includes a version manager, package manager, and Visual Studio Code. The Node Package Manager (npm) is used to install Vue.js. Open a command line (ie.
Windows Command Prompt or PowerShell).
- Create a new project folder: mkdir VueProjects and enter that directory: cd VueProjects.
- Install Vue.js using Node Package Manager (npm):. To install Vue.js using a CDN, rather than NPM, see the Vue.js install docs.
- See the Vue docs for an Explanation of different Vue builds. Microsoft Learn online course: Take your first steps with Vue.js.
- Try a Vue tutorial with VS Code.
Warning regarding Previous Versions.
- The package name changed from vue-cli to @vue/cli. If you have the previous vue-cli (1.x or 2.x) package installed globally, you need to uninstall it first with npm uninstall vue-cli -g or yarn global remove vue-cli.
- Node Version Requirement. Vue CLI 4.x requires Node.js version 8.9 or above (v10+ recommended).
- You can manage multiple versions of Node on the same machine with n, nvm or nvm-windows.
- To install the new package, use one of the following commands.
- You need administrator privileges to execute these unless npm was installed on your system through a Node.js version manager (e.g.
After installation, you will have access to the vue binary in your command line.
- You can verify that it is properly installed by simply running vue, which should present you with a help message listing all available commands.
- You can check you have the right version with this command:.
- To upgrade the global Vue CLI package, you need to run:.
- Upgrade commands shown above apply to the global Vue CLI installation.
- To upgrade one or more @vue/cli related packages (including packages starting with @vue/cli-plugin- or vue-cli-plugin-) inside your project, run vue upgrade inside the project directory:.
- Modified4 months ago. I can't install the most recent version of Vue, either globally or locally.
- I have this error, for both installations. I don't understand why Node is not recoginized as a command as it works well for other packages.
- For example, installation of Vue 2 with vue-cli works perfectly.I have also checked the path in advanced systems, and added it to the installation folder D:\Nodejs, both system and user variables.
- Other packages like Angular work correctly.Here are the other global packages:. 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges. 1717 bronze badges. On Windows 10: Open start (Win Key) -> Type: cmd -> Right-Click: Command Prompt -> Select: Run as Administer -> Type: npm install -g @vue/cli.
NOTE: Make sure you are running Node.js version 8.9 or above (8.11.0+ recommended) before installing.
- user742030user742030. None of the above replies worked for me it was impossible to install vue via npm (I have windows 7). I just installed vue cli 3 via yarn and it worked perfeclty. There seems to be an issue on vue cli 3.
- For the time being, it's best to stick to version 2. You can learn more about the issue here.
- 2828 bronze badges. I solved this one with Node.js command prompt.
- With simple cmd can't find vue, but with Node.js command prompt it's easy to install (npm install -g @vue/cli) and run it (vue create example-project).
- Warning regarding Previous Versions.
The package name changed from vue-cli to @vue/cli.If you have the previous vue-cli (1.x or 2.x) package installed globally, you need to uninstall it first with npm uninstall vue-cli -g or yarn global remove vue-cli.