In this post, you will be learning how to install and run the vue js project with Vue CLI.
So, Let's get started. Step 1: Download and install Node.js and NPM Package in your system.
- When you download your node.js and install it, your npm package also install's with it.
- Let's check the node and npm is installed or not in your system.
Open your terminal and check with the following command. To check the installed version of node js:. To check the installed version of npm:. Node Js requirement: Vue CLI requires Node.js version 8.9 or above (v10+ recommended).
Step 2: if you have already installed the npm, so please update to latest version.
- $ npm install [email protected] -g. Step 3: After nodeJs and npm Successfull installation.
- Let's Check Vue JS Verison:. $ vue --version. Warning regarding Previous Versions.
- The package name changed from vue-cli to @vue/cli. If you have the previous vue-cli (1.x or 2.x) package installed globally, you need to uninstall it first with:.
- $ npm uninstall vue-cli -g.
Step 4: Let's Install the Vue CLI by the following command:.
- $ npm install -g @vue/cli. Step 5: After installation, You can verify that it is properly installed by simply running vue as follows:.
- You can check you have the right version with this command:.
- $ vue --version. Step 6: If you already have Vue CLI installed in your system, but it is older version, so you can update it by following command:.
- $ yarn global upgrade --latest @vue/cli. Step 7: Let's create a project in Vue Cli by following command:.
- Step 8: Let's run this project, so open your termination with following path as shown below:. your project will be started at: http://localhost:8080/Thanks for reading.
Install Node.js on Windows: This includes a version manager, package manager, and Visual Studio Code.
- The Node Package Manager (npm) is used to install Vue.js. Open a command line (ie. Windows Command Prompt or PowerShell).
- Create a new project folder: mkdir VueProjects and enter that directory: cd VueProjects.
- Install Vue.js using Node Package Manager (npm):.
- To install Vue.js using a CDN, rather than NPM, see the Vue.js install docs.
- See the Vue docs for an Explanation of different Vue builds.
- Microsoft Learn online course: Take your first steps with Vue.js. Try a Vue tutorial with VS Code.
- Modified6 months ago. I am trying to Install the VUE CLI into my laptop but it gives following errors.
- 373373 bronze badges. This is not a Vue issue.
- It seems like your registry is set to the wrong url. Set registry to the correct url with:. if you are trying to install vue-cli then you should try this. 8181 bronze badges. 37911 gold badge77 silver badges2121 bronze badges.
77 silver badges2121 bronze badges.
- Modified4 years, 10 months ago. I installed node.js, run apache via xampp, and configured my apache server so that I can use www.example.com as my practice server domain on my local machine.
- I started my command prompt as admin and typed the following lines but and they all ran successfully:.
- I followed the cli installation section on https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/installation.html.
- When I go to my folders, all the vue.js files are installed inside 'my-project', but when I go to my apache server at www.example.com or www.example.com/my-project, a blank page shows.
- And if I got into my index.html file in the 'my-project' folder and edit it to:.
I just get a blank page with the text sdfsf.