Windows 10 is the newest actively supported operating system from Microsoft.
- With the right steps, users can upgrade to Windows 10 for free from any older OS. Some users reported that their Windows 7 or 8 keys can be used to perform the upgrade.
- If the steps don't work, you can still buy Windows 10 at a discount price via our download links.
Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here). Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems. Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer's security and performance . Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Microsoft announced that the Windows 10 free upgrade offer ended on December 31. As a quick reminder, the Redmond giant initially introduced this loophole to allow assistive technology users to install the latest Windows 10 version for free. Later on it was proved that all Windows users could take advantage of this loophole to upgrade to Windows 10 at no cost.
- Of course, some said that Microsoft had been aware of this fact from the very beginning and used it as an incentive to convince more users to install the latest Windows 10 version.
- But what happens in 2021? Is the free upgrade offer really over? The short answer is Yes.
- Windows users can still upgrade to Windows 10 without shelling out $119. The assistive technologies upgrade page still exists and is fully functional.
However, there’s a catch: Microsoft initially said that the offer would expire on January 16, 2018. If you use assistive technologies, you can upgrade to Windows 10 at no cost as Microsoft continues our efforts to improve the Windows 10 experience for people who use these technologies.
- Please take advantage of this offer before it expires on January 16, 2018. But somehow nobody believes that’s true. The free upgrade offer first expired on July 29, 2016 then at the end of December 2017, then on January 16, 2018.
- But somehow that happened only in theory. In practice, the upgrade has always been free or charge. Well, it’s 2021, and the assistive technologies loophole is still viable, so take advantage of the offer while it still lasts.
- We’re pretty sure that Microsoft will support this free upgrade offer for years to come. The company made it clear that it wants as many users as possible to jump on the Windows 10 boat. However, making them pay $119 to install the latest Windows 10 OS is not the best strategy to adopt. Allowing this free upgrade loophole to exist increases the chances that more users will agree to upgrade — and Microsoft is aware of that.
- Some users claim that you’re still able to upgrade to Windows 10, as long as you have Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 running on your PC.
- Bear in mind that you’ll need to run a genuine copy on your PC in order for this process to work. Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files.