This article describes ways to install Windows 11. Note: To upgrade to Windows 11, devices should meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. Some Windows 10 features aren't available in Windows 11. System requirements to experience some Windows 11 features and apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum system requirements.
Find Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements. Make sure the device you want to install Windows 11 on meets the minimum system requirements. If your device is currently running Windows 10, we recommend you verify the minimum system requirements using the PC Health Check app. We do not recommend installing Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet requirements.
For more info, see Installing Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements. If you’re upgrading from Windows 10, we recommend you wait until you're notified through Windows Update that the upgrade is ready for your device. To check if Windows 11 is ready for your device, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
For known issues that might affect your device, you can also check the Windows release health hub. Use the Installation Assistant to upgrade We recommend you wait until your device has been offered the upgrade to Windows 11 before you use the Installation Assistant. When you're ready, you can find it on the Windows 11 software download page. Create Windows 11 installation media On the Windows 11 software download page, select Create tool now and follow the instructions to install Windows 11. Microsoft recommends against installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements.
If you choose to install Windows 11 on a device that does not meet these requirements, and you acknowledge and understand the risks, you can create the following registry key values and bypass the check for TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and the CPU family and model.
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup. Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU.
Free Download Windows 11 64 Bit Full Version
Type: REG_DWORD. Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method.
- These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system.
- Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved.
- Modify the registry at your own risk.
- There are two installation paths available:.
Upgrade by launching Setup on the media while running Windows 10. You will have the option to: a. Perform a Full Upgrade, which keeps personal files (including drivers), apps, and Windows Settings.
This is the default experience and is the one that Installation Assistant uses. Keep Data Only will keep personal files (including drivers) only, not apps and not Windows Settings. Clean Install will install Windows 11 and keep nothing from the Windows 10 installation. For more info, see Give your PC a Fresh Start.
Boot from media to launch Setup. This path is a clean install and will not retain previous files or settings. For more info, see Give your PC a Fresh Start. Important: You should verify that your device meets minimum system requirements before you choose to boot from media, because it will allow you to install Windows 11 if you have at least TPM 1.2 (instead of the minimum system requirement of TPM 2.0), and it will not verify that your processor is on the approved CPU list based on family and model of processor.
Create an image install. Use DISM or 3rd party tools to directly apply an existing Windows 11 image to the disk.
2] Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Important: An image install of Windows 11 will not check for the following requirements: TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and CPU family and model.
- This post includes content for Windows 11 64 bit requirements and how to download and install Windows 11 64 bit OS for your PC.
- For more computer tips & tricks as well as free computer programs, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
- Windows 11 will be free to download for Windows 10 users. This post mainly teaches you how to get Windows 11 64 bit downloaded for your PC.
- Before you start, you can first check the Windows 11 64 bit requirements to make sure your PC hardware meets the conditions to download and install the Windows 11 64 bit OS.
- If you want to download the 64 bit Windows 11 OS, you should meet the minimum system requirements Microsoft has announced for Windows 11.
Processor: 1GHz or faster, 2 or more cores, a compatible 64-bit processor.
RAM: 4GB or larger. Storage: 64GB or larger. Graphic card: Support DirectX 12 or newer versions.
3] Create Windows 11 Installation Media
TPM: TPM version 2.0. >> More Windows 11 specifications & requirements. You can use Microsoft PC Health Check app to test if your PC can install Windows 11 64 bit OS. The app will be available to download when Windows 11 rolls out.
- Now you can manually check your PC full specs to see if it is qualified for downloading Windows 11 64 bit.
- This post teaches you how to get a Windows 11/10 digital license and use it to activate Windows 11/10 PC.
- Via Windows Update. If your PC is running on Windows 10 64 bit and meets the Windows 11 64 bit requirements.
You can get Windows 11 64 bit operating system for free via Windows Update. Go to: Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update. Click the “Check for updates” button to check if the Windows 11 insider preview build is available to download.
If you didn’t see the Windows 11 insider preview build, it might be because you haven’t join Windows Insider Program yet or your computer hardware doesn’t meet the Windows 11 64 bit requirements.
4] Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)
If you see the preview build is available, then you can click Download and Install to instantly download Windows 11 64 bit full version on your PC. For Windows 10 Pro users, you’ll have Windows 11 Pro 64 bit. For Home edition users, you will have Windows 11 Home 64 bit.
- Download Windows 11 64 bit ISO. Another method to have the 64 bit OS of Windows 11 is to download its ISO file.
- Windows 10 users can download the new Windows 11 ISO image for free. You can download the Windows 11 ISO file for 64 bit from Microsoft or other reliable online sources.
- Then burn the ISO file to a USB flash drive. Plug the USB bootable drive into your computer and enter BIOS.
- Choose to boot your computer from the USB drive.
- When you see the Windows Setup window, follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 11 64 bit OS.
Note: Microsoft doesn’t release the official Windows 11 64/32 bit ISO file (disc image) yet.
You may find some other Windows 11 64 bit ISO sources to download online, but be careful, it may be fake or contain malware.
It’s advised you wait for the official ISO image file released by Microsoft.
How to Check If You Have 32 Bit or 64 Bit Windows 11
This post provides 12 tips to help you fix Windows 11/10 activation/product key not working issue. To check if you installed 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 11 OS, you can click Start -> Settings -> System -> About.
Before you begin
Under Device specifications, you can find if you are running a 64-bit or 32- bit version of Windows 11 OS next to System type. Under Windows specifications, you can also see your Windows 11 edition, version, and build number. This post introduces the top 10 free product key finder software.
Windows 11 64 Bit Requirements
You can choose a preferred key finder to find your Windows 10/11 key or other products’ keys. Upgrade a Windows 10 PC to Windows 11. You have a Windows 10 license. Your PC must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed to run Installation Assistant.
Your PC meets the Windows 11 device specifications for upgrade requirements and supported features.