How to download and install Windows 8 via the installer?
Running an outdated version of Windows can slow your computer or tablet down significantly, but this version of Windows 8 can improve your internet speeds. Windows 8 was the first version of the operating system to come with live tiles.
Windows 8.1 Free Download Full Version
What are the hardware requirements?
When you download the OS and turn it on for the first time, you'll see tiles on your home screen. Clicking each of those tiles will bring up a new feature that you can use. You can click on one tile to instantly see weather conditions in your area, browse breaking news stories or see photos saved on your computer.
Windows 8 also lets you select which tiles you want to see and organize those tiles on your screen. This is a great feature for those who use touchscreen devices. One thing you may notice is that Windows 8 requires more work to operate. Unlike previous versions of Windows that came with a classic start-up screen and a small button on the bottom that let you turn your computer on and off, Windows 8 lacks those features.
You need to move your mouse to the side of the screen, locate the settings button and then select the power icon to turn off or restart your computer.
You will also need to use the live tiles to access the main screen of your computer.
Microsoft designed Windows 8 for use on both tablets and computers. Though it works effectively with computers, it's far better suited for tablets and smaller devices.
- Unless you have a touchscreen on your device, you may find it hard to swipe through the live tiles and to find the exact feature that you want to open.
- Many users also find that it takes some time until they learn how to use all the new features.
- Despite those issues, Windows 8 is a far better operating system than older versions of Windows.
- It has a cleaner and more modern look that helps you locate your files and programs.
Windows 8.1 Free Download Full Version in 2021
There is also a bar running across the bottom of the screen that has space for your most commonly used programs and apps. Pinning those apps to the screen lets you easily find everything you need to use.
- Live tiles feature commonly used apps on the start-up screen.
- Lets users pin their favorite apps to the bottom of their screens.
- Touchscreen users can easily swipe between tiles and programs.
- Works on both tablets and computers.
- Supports all major browsers, programs and apps.
- Major changes from previous versions.
Takes some time to use and understand. Better suited for touchscreens. Lacks a traditional desktop at start-up.
How to download and install Windows 8 using the ISO image?
Some live tiles take longer to open. HomeDownloadsWindows 8.1 Free Download Full Version in 2021.
Well, Windows 10 is right now the most popular desktop operating system and it’s right now powering the majority of desktop computers and laptops.
However, Windows 10 is not compatible with every machine. Actually, Windows 10 is not meant for low-end laptops and computers. It requires at least 4GB of RAM and a capable processor to run.
This is the only reason why Windows XP and Windows 8.1 is still downloaded today.
Although Microsoft has officially ended the support for Windows XP, you can download Windows 8.1 on your outdated or old computer.
Compared to Windows 10, Windows 8.1 requires less space and RAM. So, if your laptop or computer is compatible only with Windows 8.1, then you can download the ISO file of Windows 8.1 from this article.
In this article, we are going to share a detailed method on how to download Windows 8.1 for free. Also, we will tell you a working method to activate the operating system.