Install Oracle Database 11g XE for ojdbc.jar Test
The most technical data type I will use is serialized objects, clobs and blobs. The Oracle 11g xe driver best suited for this might be? (probably the most standard beginner one) Ah the Oracle jdbc driver, which you downloaded before (ojdbc6.jar). All java needs to connect to databases is that JDBC driver.
How to download and install Oracle Database 11g XE on my local computerto test ojdbc Oracle Driver?
If you want to test ojdbc Oracle Driver and do not have any Oracle database to access, you can follow these steps to download and install Oracle Database 11g XE on your local computer.
1. Download Oracle Database 11g XE from Oracle Website.
2. Save the downloaded file to C:fyicenterOracleXE112_Win64.zip
3. Unzip the downloaded file C:fyicenterOracleXE112_Win64.zipin C:fyicenterOracleXE112_Win64 folder.You see the 'DISK1' sub folder:
4. Double-click 'C:fyicenterOracleXE112_Win64DISK1setup.exe'. You see the 'Oracle Database 11g Express Edition - InstallShield Wizard' screen.
5. Follow instructions on the screen to choose destination location of localoraclexe folder.
6. Enter 'fyicenter' as the password for SYS and SYSTEM accounts.
7. Read the installation summary screen:
8. Click 'Install' to finish the install, which may take a few minutes.
The following picture shows you some installation screens of Oracle Database 11g XE:
⇒Start Oracle Database 11g XE on Windows
⇐What is Oracle Database 11g XE (Express Edition)
⇑Examples for ojdbc.jar - JDBC Driver for Oracle
Oracle 11g Download 64 Bit
⇑⇑FAQ for ojdbc.jar - JDBC Driver for Oracle
Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Download
2018-03-28, 2101👍, 0💬