|This article is about a recurring plot element in the Kamen Rider Series.|
- For the Rider refered to as "Super Rider", see Kazuya Oki.
- For the Chinese adaptation series, see Super Riders.
Kamen Rider 1 (仮面ライダー1号,Kamen Raidā Ichi-Gō, Masked Rider No.1), or simply Kamen Rider (仮面ライダー,Kamen Raidā, Masked Rider) is the main protagonist in the original Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider The First, Kamen Rider The Next, and the movie Kamen Rider 1.
Kamen Rider 1Takeshi Hongo. Kamen Rider 1 (decoy)Tobei Tachibana. Kamen Rider 1 (SD). Kamen Rider 1 (The Series)Takeshi Hongo (The Series).
- Kamen Rider 1 (Power Suit)Jiro Taki. Kamen Rider 1Great Leader JUDO.
Cast and characters
- Kamen Rider 1 uses the power of the wind to fight.
- Later on as he grew more powerful he learned to transform by absorbing the wind by himself (although he can still use any source of wind generated outside of his powers) thus getting rid of a major weakness.
- In his upgraded forms, Hongo shouts and throws his right arm at a diagonal to his right then rotates it clockwise until it’s a diagonal to his left, then he retracts it to his waist and thrusts out his left arm at a diagonal to his right.
- Rider Height: 180 cm. Rider Weight: 70 kg.
- Enemy Sensing: 100 m. Punching Power: 15 t[note 2][note 3].
Kamen Rider Genms
- Maximum Jump Height: 15.3 m.
- Maximum Swimming Speed: Approx. 100 m per 9.7 seconds[note 7]. Because he was meant to be Shocker’s greatest altered human, Kamen Rider 1's capabilities are far greater than a normal man.
- The original manga gives an in-depth analysis of the entire schematics used by Hongo, Ichimonji, and the manga Shocker Riders.
- Signal O: A brainwave transmission device that can detect other cyborgs.
- Pulmonary Converter: Catches wind power to convert it to energy, also acts as a radiator.
- Artificial Muscle: Gives the Rider the strength to jump like a giant grasshopper.
- Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat.
- Appearances:Kamen Rider Episode 1, Special Episode: Escape, Kamen Rider2-13, Missing Link, April 3, 1971, Kamen Rider Taisen, Saber + Zenkaiger: Superhero Senki.
- His appearance changed due to the effects of the constant fighting on his physical appearance and acceptance of himself.
- Shocker, this form was shown to be able to transform without needing external wind sources.
- Distinguishing the First Rider]. Appearances:Kamen Rider Episodes 40-41, 49, 51, Kamen Rider vs.
- Eyesight: 15 km[note 8]. Hearing: 4 km.
- Gripping Power: 20 times human. Lifting Power: 5 t. Kicking Power: 90 t.
- New 1 (新１号,Shin Ichigō) is the third form of Kamen Rider 1.
- [From Here to Eternity].
- This form also gives Hongo access to Rider Power, a temporary boost in Rider 1's battle power, triggered with a switch in his new Typhoon belt, that greatly increases his strength, making Rider 1 superior to Shocker's other creations.
- Appearances:Kamen Rider Episodes 53-68, Kamen Rider vs. Jigoku Taishi, Kamen Rider69-98, V3 Episode 1, Kamen Rider Episode 99, V32, 21, V3 vs.
Legend Rider Devices
- Kamen Riders All Together!!, Dragon Road, Black RX Episodes 41-47, 11 Kamen Riders Senki, Space-Time Hero: Kamen Rider, Space 11: Kamen Rider Galaxy Great Decisive Battle, Kamen Rider Live 2000, Cho Henshin Battle, April 3, 1971, All Riders vs.
- Punching Power: 3 t. Kicking Power: 10 t. Maximum Jump Height: 15.3 m.
- Cyclone: Rider 1's Rider Machine. New Cyclone: Rider 1's additional Rider Machine.
- Rider Kick (ライダーキック,Raidā Kikku)Used to destroy Man Spider[The Eerie Man Spider]Used to destroy Sarracenian[The Man-Eating Sarracenian]Used to destroy Mantis Man[The Monster Mantis Man]Used along with Rider Chop to destroy Shinigami Chameleon[The Shinigami Chameleon, Showdown!
- [Tokageron and the Large Monster Army]. Rider Hanten Kick (ライダー反転キック,Raidā Hanten Kikku)Used to destroy Namazuguiller[The Monster Namazuguiller's Electric Hell]Used to destroy Cockroach Man[Cockroach Man!!
Video Game appearances
- Rider Drop Kick (ライダードロップキック,Raidā Doroppu Kikku)Used to destroy Silaquiras[The Deadly Blood-Sucking Devil, Give It Your All!!
- Rider in Danger]Used to send Ika Devil falling to his death [Dr. Shinigami, The Terrifying Truth Form?]Used to destroy Unidogma[The Terrifying Unidogma + Ghost Monsters]Used to destroy Kurage Wolf[The Monster Kurage Wolf, Terrifying Rush Hour].
- Rider Scissors (ライダーシザース,Raidā Shizāsu)Used to destroy Scorpion Man[The Monster Scorpion Man].
- Rider Sharin (ライダー車輪,Raidā Sharin)Rider 1 and Rider 2 used a combination of Rider Sharin, Rider Gaeshi, and Rider Double Kick to destroy Isoguinchack[The Man-Eating Monster Isoguinchack]. Rider Punch (ライダーパンチ,Raidā Panchi)Used along with Rider Kirimomi Shoot to destroy Saigang[The Monster Saigang, Deadly Auto Race]Used to destroy the revived Saigang[The Shocker Graveyard, The Revived Monsters]Used to destroy Sea Dragon the 3rd.[Three of Power Generation Monster Sea Dragon!!]Used to defeat Garagaranda[OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders]Used to destroy Ganikoumoru[Kamen Rider 1 (movie)]. Rider Head Crusher (ライダーヘッドクラッシャー,Raidā Heddo Kurashā)Used to destroy Jaguarman[The Monster Jaguarman, Decisive Deadly Autobike Battle]Used to destroy Beaded Lizard Man[The Monster Beaded Lizard, Deathmatch in Fear Valley!!]. Rider Jump (ライダージャンプ,Raidā Janpu)Used numerous times throughout the seriesRider Back JumpUsed along with Rider Kick to destroy Sea Snake Man[The Ghost Village Sea Snake Man]. Rider Back JumpUsed along with Rider Kick to destroy Sea Snake Man[The Ghost Village Sea Snake Man]. Rider Hammer (ライダーハンマー,Raidā Hanmā)Used alongside Rider Hammer to destroy Owl Man[The Eerie Owl Man's Killer X-Rays].
- Siomaneking]Used to destroy Namekuji Kinoko[The True Form of Gel Shocker Leader!!]Used with V3's V3 Kick to defeat Destron kaijin Taiho Buffalo[Kamen Rider V3 vs. Destron Mutants]Used to destroy Garagaranda[Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Rider Double Kick (ライダーダブルキック,Raidā Daburu Kikku) (with Rider 2)Used to destroy Snowman[Deathmatch!
- The Monster Snowman vs. The Two Riders]Used to destroy Goaster[The Magma Monster Goaster, Great Decisive Battle at Sakurajima]Rider 1 and Rider 2 used a combination of Rider Sharin, Rider Gaeshi, and Rider Double Kick to destroy Isoguinchack[The Man-Eating Monster Isoguinchack]Used to destroy Zanjioh[Kamen Rider vs.
- Shocker]Used to destroy Unicornos[The Rock Monster Unicornos vs. Double Rider Kick]Used to destroy Guilgaras[My Name is Monstrous Bird Guilgaras!]Used to destroy Mosquiras[The Blood-Sucking Mosquiras vs. The Two Riders]Used along with Rider Gaeshi to destroy Siomaneking[Double Riders, Defeat!! Siomaneking]Used to destroy Namekuji Kinoko[The True Form of Gel Shocker Leader!!]Used with V3's V3 Kick to defeat Destron kaijin Taiho Buffalo[Kamen Rider V3 vs. Destron Mutants]Used to destroy Garagaranda[Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker]Used to destroy the Shocker Greeed[OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders]. Rider Triple Kick (ライダートリプルキック,Raidā Toripuru Kikku) (with Rider 2 and V3): Used to defeat multiple enemies at onceCan also be done alongside Rider 3 in place of V3. Can also be done alongside Rider 3 in place of V3. X Rider Super Five Kick (Xライダースーパーファイブキック,Ekkusu Raidā Supā Faibu Kikku) (with Rider 2, V3, Riderman and X): Used to defeat Franken Bat. Rider Synchro(in conjunction with multiple Riders): Used against the Great Leader multiple times. Rider Double Chop (ライダーダブルチョップ,Raidā Daburu Choppu) (with Rider 2) :Used to destroy Hilchameleon[Gel Shocker Destroyed! The Leader's End!!]. Fake Kamen Rider 1Gynaninpo. Shocker Riders (The Series). / Legend Tatoba Combo. Ichigou Damashii. Demons Batta Genomix. With the KamenRide: 1 (カメンライド1号,Kamenraido Ichigō) card, Kamen Rider Decade transforms into Kamen Rider 1 as seen in Super Hero Taisen. Previously, in All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Decade Complete Form Jumbo Formation performed the Final Dimension Kick, a variation of the Dimension Kick, transforming the Shōwa, including Kamen Rider 1, and Heisei Riders into Kamen Ride cards for Decade to travel through as opposed to Final Attack Ride cards before hitting the target. Unlike his other Kamen Rides, Decade's Decadriver changes along with his costume, taking on the appearance of the Typhoon Belt. However, when Captain Marvelous (as Akarenger) strikes the "Typhoon" during battle, it seems to short out and changes back into the Decadriver, revealing "Rider 1" to be Decade after all. In World of OOO, this Rider Card is consists of a modified green-colored Batta Medal. Used as O Medal by Eiji to utilize Legend TaToBa Combo (Batta Leg). Final AttackRide: 1 (ファイナルアタックライド1号,Fainaru Attakuraido Ichigō).