Certain features require additional hardware.
We also recommend that you visit your PC’s manufacturer’s website for information about updated drivers and hardware compatibility. Your PC must have 9 GB of free disk space to download Windows 11.
You need to be an administrator to run this tool. Once the tool confirms the device hardware is compatible, you will be presented with the license terms.
- Select Accept and Install. Once the tool is ready, click the Restart Now button to complete installation on your computer.
- It might take some time to install Windows 11, and your PC will restart a few times. Make sure you don’t turn off your PC.
- You can use installation media (a USB flash drive or DVD) to install a new copy of Windows, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows. To create installation media, go to the software download website, where you'll find step-by-step instructions.
- On that website, you can select a version of Windows and create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD. To go directly to one of the versions, select one of these links:.
Windows 10 (Then select Download tool now.).
- Windows 11 (Then select Download tool now.). Important: Back up your files before you install or reinstall Windows on your PC. Learn how for Windows 10 and Windows 11 or for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- To create the installation media, here's what you'll need:. A PC with a reliable internet connection. The download time will vary, depending on your internet connection. A USB flash drive, external hard drive, or DVD. A blank USB flash drive or external hard drive with at least 8 GB of space, or a blank DVD (and DVD burner).
- We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD because any content on it will be deleted. When burning a DVD from an ISO file, if you're told the disc image file is too large, you'll need to use dual layer (DL) DVD media. Your 25-character product key (not required for digital licenses). For help finding it, go to Find your Windows product key.
- After you've created the installation media, you can reset or reinstall Windows. To learn more, go to Recovery options in Windows. Even if you haven’t used the media creation tool before, you must have come across the articles, posts, or pictures talking about this useful tool in Windows operating systems.
It also exists in Windows 11 – the latest OS version.
- What is Windows 11 media creation tool exactly? How to install and use the media creation tool on a Windows 11 PC?
- There’s a useful tool in all versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems: media creation tool.
- Have you ever used it or heard of it? Do you know the main function of this tool? If not, please don’t worry.
- The following content will show you what Windows media creation tool is and how to use media creation tool Windows 11.
- Microsoft has announced a new version of Windows operating system on June 24, 2021. The Insider Preview build and the leaks online have convinced that many new features and changes are contained in Windows 11. Meanwhile, the main functions, programs, and tools of Windows 10 have also been retained in Windows 11; for instance, the Windows media creation tool.
The media creation tool is the only official tool offered by Microsoft for upgrading.
- Of course, the main and the most important function of media creation tool Windows 11 is to help users update their PC to the latest version of Windows. The Windows 11 media creation tool offers users 2 choices for upgrading the system:.
Upgrade this PC now. Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC.
It means that you can choose to perform the update directly or to create a bootable USB drive/DVD or an ISO file for installing Windows 11 on another computer. Besides, this bootable disk can be used later to reinstall Windows 11 when system crashes.
- Before downloading and using Windows media creation tool for Windows 11, you should do these things:.
- Backup your current system or the important data saved on your hard drive. Prepare a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of storage. Make sure your Windows computer has a stable internet connection. Various solutions are provided for you to fix USB flash drive not recognized error and recover data from the inaccessible flash drive. Open a browser on your PC. Visit Microsoft’s official webpage for free downloading the tool. Go to the Create Windows 11 Installation Media section. Click on the Download Now button and wait for the downloading process to end. Navigate to the media creation tool you’ve downloaded -> run it -> accept the license terms. Two options are offered in the “What do you want to do” window. Check Upgrade this PC now and click Next. Wait while it’s downloading Windows 11. The speed depends on your PC and the internet connection.
- For more computer tips & tricks as well as free computer programs, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
- Windows 11 will be free to download for Windows 10 users.
How to Use Media Creation Tool on Windows 11
- This post mainly teaches you how to get Windows 11 64 bit downloaded for your PC.
- Before you start, you can first check the Windows 11 64 bit requirements to make sure your PC hardware meets the conditions to download and install the Windows 11 64 bit OS.
- If you want to download the 64 bit Windows 11 OS, you should meet the minimum system requirements Microsoft has announced for Windows 11.
- Processor: 1GHz or faster, 2 or more cores, a compatible 64-bit processor.RAM: 4GB or larger. Storage: 64GB or larger. Graphic card: Support DirectX 12 or newer versions. TPM: TPM version 2.0.
- >> More Windows 11 specifications & requirements.
- You can use Microsoft PC Health Check app to test if your PC can install Windows 11 64 bit OS.
- The app will be available to download when Windows 11 rolls out.Now you can manually check your PC full specs to see if it is qualified for downloading Windows 11 64 bit.
- This post teaches you how to get a Windows 11/10 digital license and use it to activate Windows 11/10 PC.
- Via Windows Update.
- If your PC is running on Windows 10 64 bit and meets the Windows 11 64 bit requirements.You can get Windows 11 64 bit operating system for free via Windows Update. Go to: Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update.
- Click the “Check for updates” button to check if the Windows 11 insider preview build is available to download.
- If you didn’t see the Windows 11 insider preview build, it might be because you haven’t join Windows Insider Program yet or your computer hardware doesn’t meet the Windows 11 64 bit requirements.