Microsoft Office is the complete, cross-platform, cross-device solution for the modern workplace. It includes smart tools for individuals, teams, and businesses.
It can open your applications, documents anywhere, across multiple devices. mac / Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Windows 8. The digital age has taken productivity to heights it could never even get close to before. The creation of new technologies, such as the computer, the cell phone, and other digital devices has truly changed the way business is done around the world.
We communicate faster, sell products easier, and the flow of money has never been more fluid at any point in history. Of course, it is without question that we credit Microsoft Office suite with the exponential growth in productivity. Since its inception in 1990, Microsoft Office has helped both businesses and individuals create value for the economy around them more than ever before, and it’s all due to the revolutionary applications and features that Microsoft Office offers.
Here, we will go over what those features are and what they can do. Of course, the first thing that comes to everybody’s mind when talking about Microsoft Office is the infamous Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word is a word processing application that allows the user to write essays, books, letters, tests, wedding invitations, and so on.
Basically, anything that has to do with the written word, Microsoft Word has you covered. Microsoft Word offers you so many features that will help you with whatever you’re working on, such as templates, tutorials on how to use Word, and so much more. So go ahead and write the next great American novel or impress your professor with a well-informed essay. Microsoft Word will make it so easy. Microsoft Excel is another application inside Microsoft Office that is probably the second most popular, tied with Microsoft PowerPoint.
Microsoft Excel is for spreadsheets, labels, and other things in that category. Excel can be used for business reports, shelf labels, accounting and bookkeeping records, or what have you.
If you’re working for a business, chances are you’re using Excel.
- All applications have templates, and Excel is no different, with templates for calendars, forecasts, day planners, or what have you.
- Excel is very helpful in management, and is a very important addition to Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft PowerPoint is the presentation application in Microsoft Office.
- PowerPoint can help with a lot of things as well, but it’s mostly used to create visual aids for speeches or presentations.
- Honestly, there’s not really all that to say about PowerPoint, but while it lags behind in the extent of its uses, it still deserves a spot as Microsoft Office’s most used programs within the Office suite.
While there are other programs in Microsoft Office suite, such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook, which both deal with email, Microsoft OneNote, which is used for note taking, Microsoft Access, which is a mathematical database application, and Microsoft Publisher, which deals with publishing things like business cards and pamphlets, the three programs stated above are the most used and the most appreciated out of all of Microsoft Office’s lineup.
- However, they are all used frequently, and they all have their unique purposes and strengths.
- One thing is for certain, and that is that Microsoft will continue to update their programs and services into the future to better serve their customers when it comes to Microsoft Office, as they come out with new versions of the software every three years and regularly update it to root out bugs and possible malfunctions.
- The world would simply be a different place without Microsoft Office, and hopefully this short description has shown you what Microsoft Office is and what you can do with it.
- Newer versions of Windows are currently available