- Before you begin
Hi Dave, I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.
- There is no free upgrade now - the offer ended in 2016.
- Activated Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7, using the media creation tool doesn't provide a guarantee that Windows would remain activated forever.
- I have seen countless cases on the forum where Windows mysteriously deactivated. For a new computer, you would have to buy a new license. Available 6 PM - 8 AM PST.
- It is always good to include your PC Specs, make and model in the question. Never Call the Phone numbers received in Emails from the Microsoft Community.
Harassment is any behavior intended to disturb or upset a person or group of people.
- Threats include any threat of suicide, violence, or harm to another. Any content of an adult theme or inappropriate to a community web site. Any image, link, or discussion of nudity. Any behavior that is insulting, rude, vulgar, desecrating, or showing disrespect.
- Any behavior that appears to violate End user license agreements, including providing product keys or links to pirated software. Unsolicited bulk mail or bulk advertising.
- Any image, link, or discussion related to child pornography, child nudity, or other child abuse or exploitation. Details (required): 250 characters remaining 4 people found this reply helpful ·Was this reply helpful? Sorry this didn't help. Thanks for your feedback.How satisfied are you with this reply?Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.How satisfied are you with this reply?Thanks for your feedback.
- Microsoft Office products. If you just purchased a new device that includes Office 365, we recommend redeeming (installing) Office before upgrading to Windows 10. To redeem your copy of Office, please see Download and install Office 365 Home, Personal, or University on your PC. For more information, check How to upgrade to Windows 10 on new devices that include Office 365.
If you have Office 2010 or earlier and choose to perform a clean install of Windows 10, you will need to locate your Office product key. For tips on locating your product key, check Find your Office 2010 product key or Enter the product key for your Office 2007 program.