Spring mvc framework execution flow:
The Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern, originally formulated in the late 1970s. It is an application design pattern that separates the application data and business logic (model) from the presentation (view). The controller mediates between the models and views. Advantages of this architecture is reusability of code, data security and better application performance.In theory, a well-developed MVC system should allow a front-end developer and a back-end developer to work on the same system without interfering, sharing, or editing files.
Model is the name given to the component that will communicate with the database to manipulate the data.It acts as a bridge between the View component and the Controller component in the overall architecture.This is responsible to manage the data.
It stores and retrieves entities used by an application, usually from a database, and contains the logic implemented by the application. The view is responsible to display the data provided by the model in a specific format.
- This is responsible for mapping graphics onto a device.A view attaches to a model and renders its contents to the display surface and formats the data to be presented to the user, in a web application as an html output.
- A controller is the means by which the user interacts with the application. A controller accepts input from the user and instructs the model and view to perform actions based on that input.It handles the model and view layers to work together.
- The controller receives a request from the client, invokes the model to perform the requested operations and sends the data to the View.controller is responsible for mapping end-user action to application response.
- Learn Spring mvc tutorial for beginners with examples in eclipse online. We explained every topic with appropriate example. We are providing Spring mvc framework tutorials step by step in eclipse for spring mvc framework, spring mvc configuration file, spring mvc hello world, spring mvc multiple controller, spring mvc login, spring mvc form handling, spring mvc exception handling and more.
- Spring mvc framework provides the facility to build flexible and loosely coupled web applications.
- MVC stands for Model-View-Controller design pattern which separates the business logic, presentation logic and navigation logic.
- Model: is responsible for encapsulating the application data (POJO).View: is responsible for rendering the model data.Controller: is responsible for receiving the user request, building model object and passing the model object to the view.
Spring MVC framework tutorial:
Spring MVC framework uses the DispatcherServlet class as the controller which is responsible for handling all the requests and responses.
• Receive the user request. • Choose the controller with the help of HandlerMapping.
• Controller process the request by calling the appropriate service method and returns a ModeAndView object to the DispatcherServlet which contains the model data and view name.
What Are AJAX and Bootstrap?
• DispatcherServlet sends the view name to ViewResolver which sends the actual view to the DispatcherServlet.
• DispatcherServlet will pass the model data to the View and render response.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience. This article shows, how to perform CRUD Operations in ASP.NET MVC, using AJAX and Bootstrap.
In previous ASP.NET MVC tutorials in this series, we saw:.
AJAX improves the performance of the web application and makes the application more interactive.
Bootstrap is one of the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS frameworks for developing responsive, mobile-first projects on the web.
- Create a new ASP.NET web application. Select an empty ASP.NET MVC template and click OK.
- Now, right-click on the project and click Manage NuGet Packages. Search for Bootstrap and then click the Install button. After installing the package, you will see the Content and Scripts folder being added in your Solution Explorer. Now, create a database and add a table (named Employee).
- The following is the schema for creating a table Employee:. After the table creation, create the stored procedures for Select, Insert, Update, and Delete operations.
Editing a Record (Preview)
Right click on Modal Folder and add the Employee.cs class. Now, add another class in the Modal folder named EmployeeDB.cs for the database-related operations.
In this example, I am going to use ADO.NET to access the data from the database.
Right-click on the Controllers folder, add an empty controller and name it HomeController.
- Now, open HomeControllerand add the following action methods:.
- Right-click on the Index action method of HomeController and click on Add View. As we are going to use Bootstrap and AJAX, we have to add their relative Scripts and CSS references in the head section of the view.
- I have also added employee.js, which will contain all AJAX code that is required for the CRUD operations.
- Add the code, given below, in the Index.cshtml view:. In the code given above, we have added a button for adding a New Employee.