NOTE: Requires SC-28 or SC-29 cables to maintain all i-TTL functions when used off-camera with D2H & D70 (or newer) camera. i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon Nikon D2H & D70. D-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D1 series or D100. TTL Auto Flash with many film SLRs, including the Nikon F5, F100, N80 (F80), N75 (F75), N65 (F65) and FM3A.
[AA] Auto Aperture Flash . [A] Auto Aperture Flash with many film SLRs, including the Nikon N55 (F55) and FM10. [M] Manual Flash . Flash head tilts down to -7 degree or up to 90 degree Flash head rotates horizontally 180 degree to the left or 90 degree to the right. Repeating flash for creating stroboscopic multiple-exposure effect. Intelligent i-TTL system supports Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to 3 remote i-TTL speedlight groups controlled through a master SB-800 or with the "Commander" function of the D70 .
Individual flash mode settings ([TTL], [AA], [A] and [M]) are available for each of the four groups (including master controller) for easy total lighting control based on the brightness of the subject and not simply on general output ratios for each group . Flash Value Lock allows photographers to change the composition or zoom for the shot while maintaining desired lighting of the subject . User can set the distance and aperture, and the SB-800 automatically sets the power output, a great feature for manual flash [M] shooting at weddings and for product shots.
Allows modification of flash output to match background scene, especially useful for digital cameras where "white balance" can be controlled. Included are Tungsten and Fluorescent adjustment filters.
The included SD-800 makes it possible to add a fifth AA battery to the flash, thereby extending the capacity by about %20.
Adjustable standby mode can be varied from 40 to 300 seconds for conservation of battery power.
- i-TTL flash exposure control
- auto focus-assist beam
- white balance info transmitted to compatible Nikon SLRs
- stroboscopic flash setting
- manual setting
- tilt and swivel flash head (tilts up to 90 degrees or down to -7 degrees, and rotates horizontally 180 degrees to the left and 90 degrees to the right)
- flash head zooms automatically to match the shooting angle
- wireless flash operation as a "master" or "slave" unit
- maximum guide number (ISO 100) 184 ft./56m (at 105mm setting)
- compatible with select Nikon SLRs including the D50, D70s, and D200
- uses 4 "AA" batteries (not included)
- weight: 12.3 oz. (without batteries)
- 2-3/4"W x 6-9/16"H x 3-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- soft carry case with belt loop
- Speedlight stand
- snap-on light diffuser
- colored gel filter set
- add-on quick recycling battery pack (uses one "AA" battery, not included)
- MFR # 4801
What's in the box:
- SB-800 Speedlight
- Quick recycling battery pack
- Padded soft carrying case
- SB-800 stand with tripod mount
- Color gel filter set
- Nikon diffusion dome
- Warranty form
- Service facility sheet
- Registration form
- "A collection of example photos" manual
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating