World's First Floating City Proposed to Face Rising Sea Levels
Welcome to the Thomas guide to the quietest RV generators 2021. Thomas has been connecting North American industrial buyers and suppliers for more than 120 years.
When you purchase products through our independent recommendations, we may earn an affiliate commission. Whether you travel occasionally or spend a lot of time in recreational vehicles, a quiet RV generator is an essential accessory for your convenience and sanity.
Thankfully, “quiet” doesn't have to mean less efficient or powerful; nowadays, generator manufacturers are able to build strong generators that operate at lower noise levels and are trusted by many happy campers.
We have selected the quietest RV generators so that you can easily pick one to add to your RV camping equipment. There are different features and specifications one should carefully consider when choosing a generator depending on the power needs, the size, and the comfort requirements of the RV.
How to Write a Business Plan for Your Machining Company
When it comes to the noise level, a quiet generator will allow you to enjoy time near the vehicle and make nights much more peaceful. It is also the most considerate choice when it comes to your neighbors and the natural environment.
In terms of power, there are many online resources that will help you determine how much wattage you will need to run appliances such as an air-conditioner or a microwave, especially if you need to run several of them as well as electronics simultaneously.
The type of fuel and size of the fuel tank are also important factors to consider for calculating a generator’s running time. Most RV generators have parallel jacks and can run alongside an additional unit (through a kit or cable, which is typically sold separately).
How to Choose a Quiet RV Generator
This is a good option if you prefer a smaller, lighter, quieter, and highly portable unit in the range of 2,000–3,000 watts (with the option of adding a second one when needed), rather than a larger and heavier RV generator.
Best & Quietest Generators
There are also some other added convenient features such as an electric start at the push of a button or remote start via a key fob or dedicated app—certainly nice to have on a rainy day or in the middle of the night.
We picked the quietest RV generators that will support your power needs at the lowest possible noise level. The Quietest RV Generator Overall: Honda 663520 EU2200i Portable Inverter Generator.
The Best-Rated Quiet RV Generator:Generac 7129 GP3000i Inverter Generator. The Quietest RV Generator with Electric Start: Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator. The Quietest RV Generator with Remote Start: Champion 4500-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator .
The Best Affordable Quiet RV Generator: WEN 56235i Super Quiet 2350-Watt Portable Inverter Generator. The Quietest Heavy-duty RV Generator: Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator.
The Best Small Quiet RV Generator: A-iPower SUA2000iV Portable Inverter Generator. Scroll down to read more about these top choices and see what thousands of happy reviewers are saying about them.
- The gas-powered 663520 EU2200i is one of the best Honda RV inverter generators around.
- Weighing less than 47 pounds, this highly-rated quiet RV generator can be easily moved from place to place.
- Honda’s CO-Minder technology monitors carbon monoxide levels and shuts the generator down automatically if dangerous levels are detected.
- A fuel shut-off valve allows its engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel is consumed to prevent stale fuel issues.
1. The Quietest RV Generator Overall—Honda Inverter Generator EU2200i
The generator can be paired with Honda’s smartphone app that offers remote operation and monitoring for extra convenience.
One of the many satisfied reviewers wrote, “Excellent product. I use it on my RV and [during] power outages. Super quiet, easy to start, good on fuel.”.
Noise level: from 57 dBAStarting watts: 2,200 wattsRunning watts: 1,800 wattsTank capacity: 0.95 gallon. With over 2,000 ratings, this portable gas RV generator by Generac is one of the most popular choices and is also Amazon’s Choice for best outdoor Generac generator.
Its quiet inverter power reduces sound emissions and provides high performance while its PowerRush technology offers 50% more starting capacity. The generator is lightweight, compact, and easy to carry with a built-in handle.
- It is RV-ready with a total of four outlets, including two 120V outlets and USB ports.
- A satisfied customer wrote, “There is nothing to dislike.
- Works better than expected, starts right up, runs quiet, and [is] lightweight.
- Runs my RV just fine including the air-conditioner.”.
Standards of the Best Quiet Generators
Noise level: up to 58 dBAStarting watts: 3,000 wattsRunning watts: 2,300 wattsTank capacity: 1.06 gallon.
With more than one thousand positive reviews for its ultra-quiet operation at a 59-dBA level and efficiency, this dual-fuel RV inverter generator from Champion will make your traveling experience more comfortable and quieter.
This machine features a convenient electric start switch and is a great choice if you are specifically looking for an RV propane generator as it can run either on gasoline for up to 7.5 hours or up to 14.5 hours on propane.
Besides being a 30 Amp RV generator, it offers two additional 20-amp outlets.
- One of the hundreds of happy customers wrote, “The best part of this generator is that it is really quiet.
- If I put it on the opposite side of the awning side of the camper I can hear it slightly but have a full conversation with people and not have to raise my voice.
- I’ve run it overnight and barely can hear it in the camper and it’s only ten feet away from my camper.”.
- Noise level: from 59 dBAStarting watts: 3,400 wattsRunning watts: 3,100 wattsTank capacity: 1.6 gallon.
Thomas’ Top Picks for the Quietest RV Generators 2021
A wireless remote key fob is a great feature that allows you to operate your generator without leaving your RV, particularly on colder early mornings or rainy days.
In addition to its quiet operation at 61 dBA, this portable gas RV generator by Champion offers the convenience of starting and stopping your unit remotely within a range of up to 80 feet at the push of a button.
The generator is parallel-ready if extra power is needed via extra generators, and features a 30-amp RV outlet and two 20-amp household outlets. One of the satisfied reviewers wrote, “Very happy with our Champion generator.
This is our second, only because we’ve upgraded our camper and needed a larger unit to run the A/C.
- The units are dependable, quiet, and the remote start is awesome for those cold mornings you don't want to get out of bed.”.
- Noise level: from 61 dBAStarting watts: 4,500 wattsRunning watts: 3,500 wattsTank capacity: 2.3 gallon.
- The price of a quiet portable RV generator can be steep, which is particularly inconvenient if you only really need one for occasional use.
- Thankfully, WEN’s 56235i gas RV generator is a great option for anyone looking for a tested affordable option.
How Do Firefighting Helmets Work to Keep Firefighters Safe?
A lot of Amazon reviewers note that this generator runs reasonably quietly and efficiently at a fraction of the cost of some others on the market.
It is lightweight and features two 120-volt receptacles and a fuel shutoff switch which allows the generator to use up the remaining fuel before shutting off. One of the hundreds of happy customers wrote, “Bought this unit for when I am working on my RV.
Three weeks later, a tropical storm knocked out the power for three days. Ran a refrigerator, a fan, and a few lights during a storm. Super quiet, sipped fuel (three-quarters of a gallon in ten hours). Noise level: from 51 dBAStarting watts: 2,350 wattsRunning watts: 1,900 wattsTank capacity: 1 gallon.
You might think that a heavy-duty RV generator won’t be quiet enough to make it to this list, however, the Westinghouse iGen4500 is one such powerful generator that is positively reviewed for its low noise level compared to other similar units.
- As one of the best generators for RV air conditioners and almost everything else in your RV, it is equipped with a TT-30R RV outlet, two 120V outlets, and a 3.4-gallon fuel tank which allows it to run for up to 18 hours on gas.
- It also comes with a remote start key fob and a push-button electric start.
- Its telescoping handle and wheels make it easily portable despite its heavier weight, and one of the hundreds of pleased customers wrote that it “runs our 15,000 BTU air conditioner with ease.
- Very quiet… Can talk right next to it,” adding that the “sound meter tests less than 60 dB right next to [it], and mid-50s ten feet away.”.
Noise level: from 52 dBAStarting watts: 4,500 wattsRunning watts: 3,700 wattsTank capacity: 3.4 gallon. This A-iPower generator is another affordable solution if you are looking for a unit for small applications. This reliable gas generator produces safe power for sensitive electronics and can run from 4–7 hours depending on the power load.
If additional power is required, a second unit in parallel can support additional appliances or an air-conditioner.
The generator is lightweight and compact and can be easily transported.