So, how to compare them? This article will help you learn the basic information of these (React and Node.js) technologies. We will also compare React vs. Node.js with criteria like popularity, learning curve, community support, and more.
When & Who Created React?
Plus, we will also have a look at the comparison table. Let’s get started.
Most prominent features of Node.js:
2. Popularity: Which technologies are most frequently used?
The DOM is slow, making the user interface difficult to work with. To solve the problem, Facebook developed its library, React. It is fast, provides flexibility in building user interfaces, and overcomes the difficulties faced by DOM updates. React was first launched on May 29, 2013. The project was created by Jordan Walke, who works at Facebook.
- He came up with the idea and found a way to overcome DOM updates performance issues.
- After solving this problem, Facebook decided to open source React and turn it into a community project.
- Its core features are:. Virtual DOM — React is built on top of the virtual DOM, which reduces expensive re-rendering by using a lightweight representation of the real DOM.
- When any data changes occur in components, React updates only the necessary fields in the real DOM.
- This way, it saves time and reuses existing HTML elements as much as possible.
How Did React Come Into Existence?
How Did Node.js Come Into Existence?
Thus, it makes it easier to keep track of the content on the page, as it’s all in one place. One-way data binding -Data flows in one direction. The UI updates automatically with changes to the state.
Using simple functions, you can trigger UI updates when the application state changes. React can be used in various web applications, including new projects, existing projects, and mobile apps. It’s a perfect fit for any UI that requires dynamic updates. Some companies currently using React are Yahoo, Instagram, Netflix, Airbnb, Imgur, Dropbox, & Sony.
Node.js usage statistics and popularity:
- It is lightweight, efficient, and perfect for data-intensive real-time applications across distributed devices.
- He made use of non-blocking I/O to handle concurrent connections efficiently. Then Joyent open-sourced it in 2009; many companies use Node.js to build their web services.
4. Community Support: How easy is finding developers who know the technology?
|Type||An open-source, client-side library for delivering high-performance dynamic apps.||An open-source framework for generating dynamic web page content.|
|Ideal Use Cases||Dynamic apps, complex architecture.||Data streaming, API services, microservices.|
Why use NodeJs for Web Application Development?