Below is a quick set of examples to show how to send HTTP GET requests from Vue to a backend API using fetch() which comes bundled with all modern browsers.
Other HTTP examples available:. Vue + Fetch: POST. Vue + Axios: GET, POST. React + Fetch: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. React + Axios: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Angular: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Blazor WebAssembly:GET, POST.
Axios: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Fetch: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. This sends an HTTP GET request from Vue to the npm api to search for all vue packages using the query q=vue, then assigns the total returned in the response to the component data property totalVuePackages so it can be displayed in the component template.
Example Vue component at https://codesandbox.io/s/vue-fetch-http-get-request-examples-rzuqn?file=/app/GetRequestAsyncAwait.vue. This sends a GET request from Vue to an invalid url on the npm api then assigns the error to the errorMessage component data property and logs the error to the console.
- The fetch() function will automatically throw an error for network errors but not for HTTP errors such as 4xx or 5xx responses.
- For HTTP errors we can check the response.ok property to see if the request failed and reject the promise ourselves by calling return Promise.reject(error);.
- This approach means that both types of failed requests - network errors and http errors - can be handled by a single catch() block.
- Example Vue component at https://codesandbox.io/s/vue-fetch-http-get-request-examples-rzuqn?file=/app/GetRequestErrorHandling.vue.
- This sends the same GET request again from Vue using fetch with the HTTP Content-Type header set to application/json.
- Example Vue component at https://codesandbox.io/s/vue-fetch-http-get-request-examples-rzuqn?file=/app/GetRequestSetHeaders.vue.
- Modified3 years, 1 month ago.
- I am on my 4th day in getting used to Vue CLI and am trying to make an HTTP put request, but really don't know where to start.
Simple GET request using fetch
I have it setup to where when a user clicks a like button on a specific product, it will add a like to the actual product, but I want it to save to my database.
Making GET request
GET request using fetch with error handling
I am also using Vue Resource to make this PUT request.
When I click the like button, I can confirm that it adds a like to that specific product and displays on that specific products's amount of likes.
Creating Vue project
Just have no idea how to properly send it to the database. Here is my code for the PUT request.
Making POST request
Do I need headers and . Tyler OreskeyTyler Oreskey. In Vue Resource you can make a HTTP PUT request like below .
Installing and configuring vue resource
You can look at the Vue Resource docs for more detailed information.
Also I think you shouldn't be manually increase product likes, you can set it from your requests response if response includes updated product likes count, because maybe the product likes didn't update on the server.
33 gold badges1616 silver badges3232 bronze badges. 3232 bronze badges.
GET request using fetch with async/await
4343 gold badges174174 silver badges237237 bronze badges7. 237237 bronze badges.
First, you need to make sure you can send the PUT request directly, without using Vue. You can do this using Curl or Postman.
Second, check the Network tab in your browser's developer tools (F12) when you send the request from Vue.
Setting root url
Is the request sending properly? Is the server returning an error? Next, check for CORS issues. There's a good chance your request is being denied because it is being sent from localhost to your server, and you haven't allowed the right CORS access.
4343 gold badges174174 silver badges237237 bronze badges. 237237 bronze badges.
GET request using fetch with set HTTP headers
In this tutorial, we are going to learn about how to make get requests and post requests in vuejs using vue resource package.
Let’s create a new Vue project by using the vue cli.
Run Vue App
Now change your current working directory by running the below command in your terminal. Now we are going to install the vue-resource package by running the following command.
Once you successfully installed the vue-resource package, now we need to configure this package by adding below-highlighted lines to the main.js file. By adding this configuration VueResource provides us a global $http object, which helps us to make http requests anywhere from our Vue app.
For learning purposes, we are using json placeholder API for making http requests. GET request method is used to fetch the data from the backend API, let’s see an example.