Kathleen of Cleveland, OH Verified Reviewer . 4 people found this review helpful . Don of Clarkton, NC Verified Reviewer .
10 people found this review helpful . Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations. Terry of Canton, MI Verified Reviewer .
I tried calling Generac and they are full of excuses and won't promise a delivery date. They say to not call them but rather call the installer. The installer is just full of excuses but that's another review.
Today I called the installer again because now my power is out. She says I am on her list to call, says they have the motor and I am scheduled for next Tuesday (7 days away, hope my power comes back on).
This installation cost me $11,000.00. 18 people found this review helpful . Erwin of Hephzibah, GA Verified Reviewer . 12 people found this review helpful .
Stuart of Garden Valley, CA Verified Reviewer . 34 people found this review helpful . Robert of Knightstown, IN Verified Reviewer . 32 people found this review helpful . Roger of Roscommon, MI Verified Reviewer .
36 people found this review helpful . Dianne of Downingtown, PA Verified Reviewer .
Don't Get Left in the Dark: Consider Generac Home Generators
Quick Comparison – Best Generac Whole House Generator This Year
|Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
Best Whole House Generator Reviews
|Buy on Amazon|
Is Generac a reputable brand?
|Buy on Amazon|
Installation, Electricals, and Permits
|Buy on Amazon|
Guide to Generator Fuel Types
|Buy on Amazon|
#5 Generac’s 6864, Diesel Powered 5kW Portable Generator
|Buy on Aazon|
Whole House Generator FAQ
3. Winner - Portable for Sump Pump, Refrigerator, and AC
38 people found this review helpful . Ross of Fairhope, AL Verified Reviewer . 33 people found this review helpful . Scott of Fernandina Beach, FL Verified Reviewer . 32 people found this review helpful .
Last updated on April 22nd, 2022. In our8 Best Generac Whole House Generator Reviews, you’ll find useful information to help you make an informed choice. In these Generac whole house generator reviews, we will examine the key features, pros, and cons of each product.
Also, you can find the best price on Generac generators at Amazon. Keep reading for a list of 8 of the best portable whole house generators from Generac. Is Generac a reputable brand?#8 Generac’s G0071720 10kW Home Standby Generator#7 Generac’s 70422 19.5/22kW Standby Generator Air-Cooled with Wi-Fi#6 Generac’s Guardian 24kW Generator with Transfer Switch#5 Generac’s 6864, Diesel Powered 5kW Portable Generator#4 Generac’s 6954 Electric Start 8kW Generator #3 Generac 7043 19.5/22kW Whole House Generator#2 Generac’s 5734 15kW Gasoline Powered Whole House Generator#1 Generac’s 7676 GP8000E 8kW Whole House Portable Generator.
#8 Generac’s G0071720 10kW Home Standby Generator. #7 Generac’s 70422 19.5/22kW Standby Generator Air-Cooled with Wi-Fi. #6 Generac’s Guardian 24kW Generator with Transfer Switch. #5 Generac’s 6864, Diesel Powered 5kW Portable Generator.
Looking for a Smaller Generac Generator?
- #4 Generac’s 6954 Electric Start 8kW Generator .
- #3 Generac 7043 19.5/22kW Whole House Generator.
- #2 Generac’s 5734 15kW Gasoline Powered Whole House Generator.
- #1 Generac’s 7676 GP8000E 8kW Whole House Portable Generator.
- Generac has been in the commercial and residential markets since it was founded more than 60 years ago.
- Another reason for Generac’s popularity is that its residential-grade generator line incorporates technologies from its high-end industrial-grade powerhouses.
- When it comes to usability, Generac generators are equipped with nearly all the great features you’d expect.
- Compared to other models, Generac models are more efficient, both in terms of fuel consumption and noise, which makes them more suitable for home use.
- True Power Technology in this Generac 10kW standby generator provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances with less than 5 percent harmonic distortion.
- It has a FREE Mobile Link, enabling you to check on the status of your generator from anywhere around the globe using your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
2- How much does a Generac generator cost?
Moreover, with its G-force engine, it produces power that is more reliable and requires less maintenance than those from competitors.
Dimensions: 48 x 25 x 29 inches. Weight: 338 pounds. Fuel Type: Liquid Propane or Natural Gas (Dual Fuel). 5 year limited warranty. Easy to install. Powers 16 circuits in your house.
Reliable G-force engine. A transfer switch is included. Easy to monitor with Mobile Link. Not capable of powering more than 16 circuits.
It does not include a battery. With the Generac 70422, you can monitor your 22/19.5kW standby generator directly from your smartphone. A number of excellent features are included in this Generac 22000 watt generator, including True Power technology for smooth operation and pressure lubrication to ensure engine durability.
#8 Generac’s G0071720 10kW Home Standby Generator
- Dimensions: 48 x 25 x 29 inches.
- Weight: 525 Pounds. Wattage: 22000 (Liquid Propane) or 19500 (Natural Gas).
- Voltage: 120/240 VAC. Fuel Type: Propane or Natural Gas.
- Works great for the whole house. Easy to install and use.
- Monitoring is possible from the phone. G-force engine is quite reliable.
- Multilingual LCD screen. Withstands harsh outdoor conditions.
- Regular maintenance is required.
- It does not include a transfer switch.
- With Generac’s 24kW unit, you can get the most power while taking up to 70% less space than other competing models.
- Furthermore, this 24kw Generac generator with transfer switch comes equipped with a home energy management system, which makes it possible for generator owners to monitor and manage their home energy consumption, thereby reducing electric utility bills by as much as 20%.
Below Is Our In-Depth 8 Best Generac Whole House Generator Reviews
Dimensions: 48 x 25 x 29 inches. Weight: 514 pounds. Fuel Type: Liquid Propane or Natural Gas. 5-Year Limited Warranty. Includes a Transfer switch.
Provides enough power to run appliances in the house. The diesel portable generator features True Power Technology, which ensures a clean, smooth operation of tools, electronics, and appliances.
It is perfect for worksites. Furthermore, the generator is equipped with an hour meter for monitoring maintenance intervals, as well as a single-touch electric start for a convenient start-up.
Dimensions: 33.1 x 22.5 x 25.6 inches. Weight: 254 pounds. Starting Watts: 5500. Running Watts: 5000. Voltage: 120/240 VAC. Fuel Type: Diesel.
Standby Generator vs. Portable Generator: Which Is Best?
- Tank Volume: 12 Gallons. Run Time: 32.4 hours at 50% load.
- Starting Method: Electric. Easy to install.
- Requires less maintenance.
- Efficient & long runtime. Easy start-up with single touch electric start.
- Provides maintenance alerts on the hour meter.
- It does not include a battery. A portable generator powered by gasoline such as the Generic GP8000E is ideal for home use, camping, worksite, or outdoor events.
- It has a low-tone muffler, which assures quiet operation, and a fuel gauge that indicates when to refuel the generator.
- Additionally, this generator has a 420cc engine that runs on gasoline and has an electric start with recoil backup.
- This model has an hour meter to record maintenance intervals.
- Dimensions: 28 x 27 x 25 inches.
Weight: 197 pounds. Starting Watts: 10000. Running Watts: 8000. Voltage: 120/240 VAC. Fuel Type: Gasoline. Run Time: 12 hours . Starting Method: Electric. 2 years limited warranty.
Suitable for small houses. Easy start-up with single touch electric start. Provides maintenance alerts on the hour meter. Assembling the product is difficult since the instructions in the manual are unclear and difficult to follow.
To assemble wheels, handle, and feet, and to connect wires to the battery, you may need to call an electrician. Generac’s 7043 is a powerful, reliable generator that comes with a five-year limited warranty.
It has an impressive power output of 22,000 watts using liquid propane and 19500 watts using your home’s natural gas supply. Such a power output is sufficient for large homes with a lot of electrical appliances. Additionally, it has a unique multilingual LCD that you can use to check the battery and find out when it is time for the next maintenance.
1- What is the reliability of Generac whole-house generators?
- Dimensions: 48 x 25 x 29 inches.
- Weight: 515 pounds. Wattage: 22000 (Liquid Propane) or 19500 (Natural Gas).
- Voltage: 120/240 VAC. Fuel Type: Propane or Natural Gas (Dual Fuel).
- 5-Year Limited Warranty. Suitable for the largest homes.
- Easy to install. Weather-resist . Multilingual & user-friendly LCD control panel.
- Includes a Transfer switch.
- It does not include a battery.
- Poor customer service. The Generac 5734 GP15000E is a powerful generator that delivers 15,000 watts of power.
- There will likely be no voltage drops and the unit can easily power an entire house or a job site.
- Furthermore, this Gasoline Generac portable generator has an electric start that makes it very easy to get started, unlike older machines that required you to pull the cord until you exhausted your arm.
#6 Generac’s Guardian 24kW Generator with Transfer Switch
Dimensions: 48.5 x 30.75 x 38.5 inches. Weight: 373 pounds. Starting Watts: 22500. Running Watts: 15000. Voltage: 120/240 VAC. Fuel Type: Gasoline.
Tank Volume: 16 Gallons. Run Time: 10 hours. Starting Method: Electric. Provides enough power for a whole house. No voltage drops.
Poor customer service. Generator’s GP8000E offers a number of advantages that make it a favorite for emergency power generation and recreational use. Keeping your battery charged and ready for unexpected outages is a breeze with its plug-in battery jack.
Moreover, this model has an OHV engine, a large steel fuel tank with a fuel gauge, and long runtime of up to 11 hours at 50% load. Dimensions: 27.2 x 27 x 26.5 inches. Weight: 214 Pounds. Starting Watts: 10000. Running Watts: 8000.
3- Can I run my house with a 20kW generator?
- Voltage: 240 VAC. Fuel Type: Gas Powered.
- Tank Volume: 7.9 gallons. Run Time: 11 hours at 50% load.
- Starting Method: Electric.
- Works great for smaller houses. Easy to install.
- Easy assembly instructions. It is very space-consuming.
- Unable to run everything simultaneously or for a long time. Generac is the number one brand in North America and among the most reputable brands in the home power supply market.
- It has been making safe and powerful power generation products for residential and industrial applications for more than six decades.
- The Generac home generator cost is approximately$2,000 to $5,000 for a 7 to 24 kW whole-house unit, plus installation costs of approximately $3,000 to $5,000.
- During power outages, Generac’s standby generators automatically turn on and operate on natural gas or liquid propane.
- The 20KW generator will provide you with enough power to run your essential home appliances if you lose power.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
Additionally, it can support the normal operation of appliances such as refrigerators, light bulbs, and heaters. On Amazon, 20kW Generac whole house generator cost is approximately $6000.
If you want a Generac inverter generator 3500, then click here. This model comes with 3500 starting watts and 3000 running watts.
If you want a generator with a lower wattage, Generac’s 7117 Gp2200i is the perfect option, with 2200 starting watts and 1700 running watts.
Amazon currently lists the Generac gp2200i price at approximately $569 – Click here to check it out. Each of these Generac models is suitable for light use, like camping or a small worksite.
#1 Generac’s 7676 GP8000E 8kW Whole House Portable Generator
- Getting a whole house generator is a good investment if you live in an area with frequent power cuts.
- There are many reasons you should make Generac your preferred brand of generators.
- Generally, the quality of construction, power output, and reliability of these generators are highly commendable.
- We have gathered some of the best Generac Whole House Generators to suit your needs.
- We hope that you will benefit from our8 Best Generac Whole House Generator Reviews in order to make a wise buying decision.
- Check out more Getexpertreviews buyer’s guide for reviews on:.
- If you live in an area where power outages are frequent, a whole house generator (also called a standby generator) or a portable home generator can make life a whole lot easier in case of an emergency.
- Standby generators are fixed in place and provide emergency power for your entire home, not just one or two critical items, while a powerful portable generator can power things like a sump pump, AC or other smaller items.
- With the right size generator, you’ll experience minimal interruption in your daily life when you have power outages.
- Choosing the best whole house generator can be tricky.
#3 Generac 7043 19.5/22kW Whole House Generator
There are a lot of factors to take into account, from the size of the generator, to the fuel type, to even what kind or size of transfer switch you need. That’s what this buying guide is here to help with.
After reading our whole house generator review, you'll be much better placed to get the best standby generator for your home. True power technology. Engineered and Built in the USA.
200 AMP Smart Transfer Switch . 515 pounds weight. 5-Year Limited Warranty. This mid-sized whole house generator is a good fit for a medium sized home and the home owner who wants the peace of mind a whole house generator can bring.
#7 Generac’s 70422 19.5/22kW Standby Generator Air-Cooled with Wi-Fi
- This unit is produced by Generac, one of the most trusted names in the residential generator industry.
- This generator is a dual-fuel model and able to be powered by both natural gas and propane.
- On propane, the generator will produce 22 kilowatts, while on gas, it produces 19.5 kilowatts.
- This is more than enough to run all of the lights and household appliances in a modest medium sized home.
- Best of all, because this home standby generator produces electricity with less than 5% total harmonic distortion, you can be confident that it’s safe for your delicate electronics.
- This generator has a fairly small footprint for being such a powerhouse.
- It measures 48 x 25 x 29 inches and weighs 515 pounds.
- That means that installation is easier than you think. You don’t need a huge slab to put your generator on, and the installation system even provides a composite mounting pad if you don’t want to pour concrete.
- One great feature of all Generac systems is the inclusion of remote monitoring from your smart device or computer.
- With the remote, you can see any pertinent information you could want about your generator.
This includes total activity, detailed monthly reports about the battery and even shows you what the weather is like in that area. Read Full Review: Generac 7043 Home Standby Generator. 22 kilowatt generator on propane.
19.5 kilowatt generator on natural gas. 200 amp transfer switch included. Generac remote monitoring app. Automatic function. 50-Amp Automatic Transfer Switch. 10-year warranty. Propane or natural gas fuel.
Easy to install. This standby 8.5-kW generator by Champion is very simple to install and to operate. It is completely automatic and can be used 24/7 to power the home. You can power it with either propane or natural gas fuel, but for continuous usage you will need to use natural gas.
#4 Generac’s 6954 Electric Start 8kW Generator
The automatic features on this generator are great because it will automatically cut on when a power failure occurs.
#2 Generac’s 5734 15kW Gasoline Powered Whole House Generator
To make sure that it is always ready to go in case of an outage, the machine automatically runs a weekly test of its own functions.
There are a lot of innovative features to this generator which set it apart, but one of the most notable features is that it is the quietest in its class of performance.
What Is a Whole House Generator?
Some generators are made for places where it is okay to be loud, such as a construction site, but this generator is made for residential homes and is quieter than most.
Inside of the generator is a 439cc Champion engine. The engine will shut down automatically to prevent damage to the system when the fuel levels get too low.
Champion is a reputable manufacturer with many years of experience making generators. They offer a 10-year warranty on this generator and have a friendly customer support team.
3. Purchase from Amazon
It has a 120/240v power switch and a 50A switch. At 460 lbs, this is a sturdy and heavy generator. For homes in both cold and hot climates this generator will perform exceptionally well because it can start at temperatures as low as -22 degrees fahrenheit without a warming kit.
Quietest performance in its class. Automatically starts when an outage occurs . Easy to install. Individual breakers on the panel.
4. Check Reviews
Approved for all 50 states. 713cc powerful DuroMax engine. Great 15,000-watt home backup generator. Automatic low oil shut off. Great for use on job sites.
5. Consider Your Space
DuroMax is an industry leader in home backup generators and this one is no exception. It is outfitted with MX2 technology which allows you to get the maximum amount of power by using the 120V and 240V power sources at the same time.
What is The Best Residential Standby Generator?
One of the great features of this generator is that it has an automatic shut-off feature which stops the generator when the oil gets too low. This is a good choice for job sites and other locations where power is needed periodically because it will lower the power usage when it is not being used.
The noise control on this generator is very good and it has quiet operation. It is completely portable with a built-in wheel and handle system. It is 380 lbs, so it is very heavy, but the wheel system does a good job of distributing the weight so it can be easily moved.