Modeling tools for transforming 3D design into reality. Rhino is a trusted industry solution for designers for modeling organic forms into CAD models. It’s the most versatile 3D modeler you will ever use. Rhinoceros, also known as Rhino or Rhino3D, is a 3D CAD modeling software package that enables you to accurately model your designs ready for rendering, animation, drafting, engineering, analysis, and manufacturing.
Rhino 7 for Windows and Mac Now Available!
Rhino can create, edit, analyze, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces and solids, subdivision geometry (SubD), point clouds, and polygon meshes.
- Available for both Windows or macOS, there are no limitations on complexity, degree, or size of the model you design.
- Even on an ordinary laptop computer.
- No special hardware is needed. Needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture anything form an airplane to jewelry.
- Model any shape you can imagine. Includes free-form 3D modeling tools.
Whats New in Rhino 7?
Non-Uniform Rational Basis Spline are mathematical representations of 3D geometry used for accurately describing simple to complex curves and surfaces with precision. Scroll right for more details.
- Rhino 7 is finally here! This version is considered the most significant upgrade in the history of the 3D CAD modeling software.
- Create organic shapes with the new SubD (Sub-Divisional Surface Objects) tools.
- With Rhino.Inside.Revit, you can finally run Rhino and Grasshopper inside the Autodesk Revit® environment.
- Develop a beautiful quad mesh from NURBS geometry or meshes using the robust QuadRemesh algorithm.
- There are completely new modeling workflows and refined features to take your design as you always imagined it—if not better!
- Organic Modeling Just Got Even More Flexible, Accurate, and Better.
- SubD is a new geometry type that can create editable, highly accurate shapes and open up many new workflows.
Commercial Software for Education
Designers can now explore and create organic shapes more quickly. Unlike other geometry types, SubD combines free-form accuracy while still allowing for quick editing.
- Push and pull to explore complex, free-form shapes in real-time.
- SubD objects are highly accurate and can be converted directly to manufacturable solids.
- You can also convert scan or mesh data into SubD objects, then optionally to NURBS.
Dynamic Design Tools
Bringing Rhino Features and Capabilities to Autodesk Revit® [Available for Windows only]. Rhino.Inside.Revit is an add-on for Autodesk Revit® that allows Rhino 7 to be loaded into the memory of Revit just like other Revit add-ons.
- It’s based on Rhino.Inside®, a new technology that allows Rhino and Grasshopper to run inside other 64-bit Windows applications such as Revit®, AutoCAD®, etc.
- Rhino.Inside.Revit provides a platform for an unprecedented level of integration between Rhino and Revit.
- It brings a set of tools for bridging the gap between Rhino’s free-form modeling and the world of BIM, opening Grasshopper’s rich ecosystem to the Revit environment, enabling completely new design workflows and possibilities.
- Get Cleaner, More Manageable Models.
- The QuadRemesh command quickly creates a quad mesh with optimized topology from existing surfaces, meshes, or SubDs.
Top 15 Best Drafting Software
It uses a unique algorithm to generate manageable polygon meshes, ideal for rendering, animation, CFD, FEA, and reverse engineering. Before: Typical scans of anatomical models result in massive, unwieldy meshes.
- Triangulation over scanned data results in many unneeded faces and an unorganized layout.
- After: With QuadRemesh, achieve an optimal face layout, ready to be converted to SubD and NURBS.
- You can now easily achieve models without self-intersection.
- Rhino 7 Improvements Showoff Your Best Work. Rhino Render engine: A major update has been done so the same look you get in your Raytraced viewport can be rendered without any changes.
- PBR Materials: Physically Based Rendering Materials materials correspond much better with a physical material’s characteristics to give your design a more realistic look compared to Rhino 6.
- Denoisers: Produce beautiful renderings in a fraction of the time using Denoisers in Rhino 7.