iPERL® (North America) smart water meters offer unparalleled, low-flow accuracy with high-flow durability. They use innovative magnetic technology to capture previously unmeasured low flow.
iPERL water meters increase your returns while maximizing your operational efficiency. And that can help you drive additional revenue. With no moving parts, lead-free iPERL water meters maintain their accuracy over a 20-year lifetime.
Air Valve Problem
With Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) connectivity—as well as 14 condition, diagnostic and lifetime alarms—iPERL meters provide a quick resolution to issues you may experience in the field.
- Improves operational efficiency and customer service.
- Reduces non-revenue water, measuring flow rates as low as .1-.3 gpm. Reduces maintenance and cost.
- Installs horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Prevents removal and tampering attempts to obtain free water.
- Detects system leaks. Allows remote management, monitoring and diagnosis.
Collects and logs system and customer data. Preserves energy and optimizes power. Many houses have face Sensus water meter problems. They are usually about leakage, the water meter reading, the regulator, and many more.
The water meter is similar to other household appliances meters, such as gas or electricity meter. It is a device that helps the suppliers measuring the use of water at your home or residence by reading the meter to calculate how much to charge you with.
- It is also used for the charge of sewerage services. But before this article discusses the common problems of your Sensus water meter, let’s take a closer look at the Sensus water meter first.
- Below, this article will get you to know the Sensus water meter. Sensus water meter has been around for more than 100 years, was once called Pittsburgh Equitable Metering Company, and has become the most recognizable among the water meter industry.
- The Sensus water meter is indeed more expensive than other water meters, but they are not disappointing.
- They give you high-quality products and accuracy in water meter reading. Many houses’ water meter malfunction proves that water meter problems can be costly if they do not address the problems as quickly as possible.
Common Sensus Water Meter Problems
When you have seen this kind of problem with your water meter, try to fix them as fast as possible. Here are the three most common water meter problems shown by the sensus water meter problems.
- The water meter leakage problem can happen if the installation is wrong or incorrect, a fracture on the pipe, or a damaged water meter. Like most water meters, sensus water meter has a leak testing device.
- The device will help you locate the leak. To do the leak test, first shut off all the taps and make sure that no one uses the toilet, washing machine, or shower. Mark the position the ‘leak triangle’ position. Wait for 20 minutes. If the position doesn’t move, it means that you have no leak or few leaks.
If the position moves, that indicates that you have to check for all pipes, taps, and hose connections because the leak can happen anywhere. Knowing the correct way to read the water meter is very important.
Inaccurate Water Meter Reading
But not all people are aware of the right way to read the water meter. Knowing how to read the water meter correctly can help you locate the leaks, save your water and monitor the water usage. The air valve helps to prevent air from traveling through the pipe towards the water meter.
Air, which flows into the water meter, can cause damage to the components inside and raise the water meter reading. The air will replace the water in the pipeline. When the water refills the pipeline, the air will be forced through the water mater causing the impeller to rotate and gears very fast.
When installing the water meter doesn’t follow the procedure written in the guidelines, it will trigger the problems like leakage, incorrect reading, and other inconveniences. Those are the three most common problems found in sensus water meter problems. Related keywords : .