This step-by-step guide will assist you to install Tamil Fonts in multiple operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS and Linux (leave us a comment below if you have a different OS).
Productive applications, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop CS6, CC 2017 and Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.) will also have the fonts available.
The setup is fast and easy, but with different guidelines according to your operating system version.
Vanavil Avvaiyar Tamil font free Download
To be able to use any type of Tamil typeface, including Bamini, Vanavil Avvaiyar, or Latha, you need to follow three main steps. From our collection of Tamil typefaces, choose the font that fits your needs and it’s appropriate to your writing style.
Steps to Install Tamil Fonts
In order for the file to be easily found, download the zip file to a known location (example: ‘downloads’ folder or ‘Desktop’). Then, extract the .ttf file. There are multiple installation methods, and they differ according to the Operating System you have on your computer.
Nevertheless, it’s quite simple and fast, no master degree is required. QUICK TIP: Since 80% of our readers use Microsoft Windows Operating System, we recommend method 2 (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10) which allows you to ‘Preview’ how the font looks like, and if you enjoy it you can easily click ‘Install’.
According to your operating system, you can choose different installation options, some more advanced than others.
Option 1: Right-click the .ttf font file and choose ‘Install’. Option 2: Double-click the Tamil Font .ttf file to open the font (preview mode) and click ‘Install’.
Option 3: Click ‘Start’ button, search for ‘Fonts’, open ‘Fonts’ Folder and copy/paste the .ttf Tamil font to the ‘Fonts’ folder (which is also located under ‘Control Panel’ = \Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts).
Vanavil Avvaiyar Keyboard Layout
Important: when using method 3, if you receive an error, you need to guarantee the file is not compressed (copy the .ttf file, NOT the zip file) and make sure you have Administrator Privileges.
- Option 1: Right-click the .ttf font file and choose ‘Install’.
- Option 2: Click ‘Start’ button, search for ‘Fonts’, open the ‘Fonts Folder’ and copy/paste the .ttf Tamil font to the ‘Fonts’ folder (which is also located under ‘Control Panel’).
- Note: Double-click method is not available for Microsoft Windows Vista.
- – Press the ‘Start’ button, select ‘Control Panel’ and open ‘Appearance and Themes’ category.
- – Choose ‘Fonts’.
– Go to menu ‘File’ and select ‘Install New Font’. – Browse the folder location where you have downloaded your font and click ‘OK’.