There was a time when people would use generators only as a source for backup power. Back in the time, generators were a common thing to have at different offices and event places. Apart from there, you would hardly ever see generators being used in homes or for any other personal use.
But with the passage of time, things started to change and the use of generators started to increase in the households. In countries where power outages have been a problem, generators were the soul savior for them.
People would use to have generators so that they can get backup power in case there is any power outage. But slowly and gradually the use of generators started to increase everywhere.
8. Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator with Remote Electric Start
And with that it looked as if generator has become a necessity for a lot of people.
- And it wasn’t the generator, it was the portable generator that was being used by people a lot and hence it was becoming a common household item in many household. People will have small portable generators in their lawn or balcony or anywhere else for any urgent situation.
- And it was then understood that the uses of a generator specifically a portable generator are just countless. That was the time when the real use and need of portable generators started to pick pace.
- There are hundreds of uses that you may have when it comes to getting a portable generator, but there are some key uses that you may want to know.
- If you own a portable generator at your place, the most important thing for you is that you can have a backup power option at your place.
- Apart from that if you are planning to for a picnic or for camping, then you can definitely take that portable generator along with you to the camping site.
- This would provide you with power during the night time so that you have lights on. Holding any small party in your backyard? The portable generator that you have will take care of all the power needs.
- These portable power generators can also be used at different job sites where there is no electricity supply. If you are constructing a house, then you would need these generators at the site so that the workers can get power anytime that they want and there is no stoppage of work as well.
- We will now take you through some of the best portable generator options that you can get at the best possible price. When you are a looking out for the best possible portable generator, there are a few things that you need to look into.
- The first thing that you need to see is whether the generator can run on duel fuel or not. The WEN DF1100T is the portable generator that can run on duel fuel giving the users options which fuel they want to run.
- If you are running out of 1 fuel, then you always have an option to run the generator on the other type of fuel as well.
2. Sportsman GEN2000DF, 1400 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator
In this particular type of generator you can easily switch between gasoline and propane.
In gasoline, there are 11,000 surge watts and 8,300 running watts while in propane there are 9,500 surge watts and 7,500 running watts.
You can easily select your preferred method on which you want to run the generator. Once you have done that you can start the generator with the gas tank being filled up to 6.6 gallons of gasoline. This tank of gasoline is enough to provide you backup power for 8.5 hours of half load run time.
The voltage in this particular generator goes easily from 120 V to 240 V which is perfect for backup as an emergency case. There is a 457 CC 4-stroke air cooled OHV engine that helps you to run your power supply needs with ease.
Through the electric start option, you can easily start the generator with a simple turn of the switch. This is just like starting your car as you get a hassle free process of starting the generator without having any major issues. The wheels attached to the generator makes it easy to transport the generator from one place to another.
Handling of the generator becomes a lot easier with these 9.5 inch wheels.
- With voltage options you can create power at either 120 V or 240V or 12V (DC).
- Through this you can easily manage what you want to run on the generator.
- It can be lights, refrigerator, power tools, sump pump, and other essentials.
There is also a hour meter that is present to ensure scheduling of the maintenance of the generator.
- Electric Start system in the generator.
- The generator is easy to carry around due to the wheels.
What’s the Difference Between Standard Portable Generators and Inverter Generators?
Has a complete control panel to manage the generator.
4 stroke OHV Engine. 6.6 gallons fuel tank capacity . 8.5 hours of run time on fuel tank capacity. 2 years of product warranty.
Whenever you are buying a generator the first and foremost thing to keep in mind is to get one that provides you dual fuel options. This is because you can get to use different fuel options if you don’t have any one available. The Sportsman GEN2000DF provides you with dual fuel options in the portable generator.
The generator has 2,000 peak watts with rated running watts of 1400 that is more than enough to run majority of the household items that one has at home.
The generator comes up with a regular hose kit, 1-12V DC outlet, and different other accessories. The engine of the generator is another important thing that one has to notice before they opt for any portable generator. The Sportsman GEN2000DF generator is the one that has got 4 stroke OHV engine that is present to give you the maximum performance that you can get out of this particular generator.
The powerful the engine is, the more chances are that you will be able to get the best performance of the generator. And the engine of this particular generator is quite powerful making it one of the best generator that you can get at the best possible price.
Another thing to note about the generator is the fuel tank that it has got attached with itself.
- The 1.2 gallon fuel tank of the generator helps it to get a run time of about 9 hours at about 50% load.
- The runtime is enough keeping in mind that almost 50% of the load is being run on the generator.
- However another thing to note here is that the running watts of the generator may be reduced by 10% when propane is being used.
The propane tank is already not included in this particular generator with the generator being EPA approved.
- This type of generator is for the best use of using it for camping or tail gating purpose.
- The generator has the power to handle these tasks and be flexible.
- You can use propane gas or unleaded gasoline to run this generator.
10. Sungzu Portable Power Station 1000W, 1010Wh Portable Solar Generator
You can use the gasoline that is easily available to you or is affordable for you to use for the generator.
The generator has a 3.5 HP 4 stroke engine. The generator has a 5-foot propane fuel hose. The generator is EPA approved.
Duel fuel powered portable generator. 2000 peak surge watts. 9 hours of run time at 50% load. Generating electricity can be a problem for the generator. The generator is quite loud which is very disturbing. One of the best things that people often look out for in a generator is the convenience that they get to start it.
There has been a problem all over that generators are very difficult to start. But the Westinghouse WGen7500 portable generator will solve all such problems of yours. The generator has got a remote start making it easier for everyone to turn it on. The remote start includes electric and recoil start and key fob.
Even your old parents can turn on this particular generator without having any problems. The generator comes up with peak watts of 9500 and running watts of 7500. The fuel gallon of this particular generator is quite big as well with a fuel tank of 6.6 gallon.
This fuel tank gives you a run time of about 16 hour which is more than enough for anyone to run a generator.
- Another interesting thing to note here is that the fuel tank also comes up with a fuel gauge.
- This fuel gauge lets you know about the fuel that is remaining in the generator so that you have an idea of how much more than generator can run.
- This is something that you won’t find in most of the generators as well.
The generator has got a minimal assembly process making it easier for people to assemble the generator.
- There is also a user’s manual available that you get which will guide you to the overall assembling process.
- There is also a 12V battery charger, oil, oil funnel and a tool kit that you get with this particular generator.
- The push start button makes your life easier to start the generator in one single go.
3. Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator
The overall maintenance of generator is also very easy as you can easily maintain the generator without creating much of a hassle as there are built-in features available already.
The duel fuel feature is one thing that gives this particular generator an edge over the other generators.
You can either use gasoline or propane, depending on your convenience and affordability. The generator is a perfect choice for home backup power, construction projects, site projects, and other stuff. With a 3 year warranty and nationwide customer service available, you just can’t ask for anything else.
The generator has a transfer switch ready. The generator has got dual fuel options. There is a 420cc OHV engine. Easy to start with push button and remote. Easy to assemble through the user’s manual. 16 hour runtime. 6.6 gallon fuel tank. Battery not holding charge issues.
The generator often trips under light loads. Whenever you have got wheels, you know that particular thing is easy to move. Wheels is what makes generators really portable as you have the luxury to move the generator according to your own requirements.
The A-iPower SUA4500 generator is portable in that extreme sense as you can easily move it around due to the presence of wheels in the generator.
- Not only this, the generator also comes up with a proper wheel kit with the wheels being never-flat wheels.
- These wheels are designed specifically for heavy duty loads and can be moved or used on rough terrain to get the job done.
- While wheels is one additional point this generator has, the running watts that you may find in this generator is quite low as compared to some of the other generators.
While there are other generators that are offering running watts of up to 7500, the A-iPower SUA4500 has running watts of only 3500.
- The starting watts of the generator is also only 4500, which is quite low if you look at other generators that are around.
- The generator has also got a 4 stroke engine with manual start that is something that a lot of people don’t prefer now.
- Manual start of the generator can be tricky and people now prefer to go for push start which is not present in this particular generator.
View the Best Portable Generators, Below.
The single cylinder 208 cc engine of the generator doesn’t offer a lot of power as it could have keeping mind the power of other generators.
The fuel tank has a capacity of up to 4 gallon with the fuel tank providing backup of up to 11 hours that too at 50% load.
The backup time is still better than what other generators offer that too at 50% load, something that you don’t often get a lot. The generator also has an alternator that makes it easy to get peak wattage so that different appliances can be run simultaneously.
The generator also has a digital hour meter that helps you to schedule maintenance of the generator at regular intervals. There is also an intelligent automatic voltage regulator that will help to cut down the fluctuations and provide stable power all the time.
The generator has a 208cc OHV engine. Large heavy duty all steel fuel tank. Overload protection through push to reset . High performance alternator. Digital hour meter. Intelligent automatic voltage regulator. Never flat wheels. Power is not enough, only for light use. There is a lot of noise in it. Every generator that runs on dual fuel is a good generator as it gives you the option of having backup as well.
If your generator has one fuel option than you won’t find any alternative if that particular fuel is not available. This is exactly why the Quipall 4500DF generator is different from the rest of the generator as it gives you dual fuel options, something that you won’t find in a lot of generators as they have one option only.
This particular generator has option to run on two different fuel types.
- You can either run it on gasoline or you can run this generator on liquid propane for versatility.
- The generator has got durable 221cc overhead engine valve along with a tubular steel cage.
- Not only this, another additional thing that this particular generator has got is the no flat solid wheels.
Through these wheels you can easily transport the generator from one place to another, making it an authentic portable generator.
- This is one reason why this particular generator can be easily used for camping or on-site purposes as moving it again and again is not a problem anymore.
- The no flat wheels will absorb all the power that you need in order to move the generator from one place to another.
- The generator has got a maximum power of 4500 watts while the rated output for the generator is 3500 watts.
The fuel tank that is being used in the generator has a capacity of four gallons of gas that is enough to provide you with pack up power for more than 10 hours at 50% of load.
The generator has also got different safety measures that you may not find anywhere else like a low-oil warning light that will automatically shut down the generator as well.
There is also a digital meter that will help you determine when the time for service of the generator is coming up. The generator is literally ready to use anywhere as you can put it and connect it anywhere with ease. It is extremely easy to use and there are no difficult controls that you are going to find in this particular generator.
The owner’s manual makes it even easier to setup the entire thing. The generator is versatile. It has low oil warning safety feature. Portability is easy with this generator. Runs on gasoline and liquid propane. More than 10 hours of continuous runtime.
Easy to use anytime anywhere. Every other generator that you see will have a lot of different options. These will include high power generators with high power engines. But only a handful of generators are there that will specifically look into the overall safety measures as well so that there aren’t any mishaps happening due to these generators.
The Champion 1200-Watt generator is that one generator that has been specifically designed for safety purpose so that the overall generator can be termed as a safe generator.
The generator contains a low-oil shut off sensor that will power off the generator whenever there is low oil in it.
- The recommended oil for the generator is 10W-30 with a 0.6 quart oil capacity.
- While the safety features are complete of this particular generator, one thing that is quite low of this particular generator is the power that it has.
- The generator only has 1500 starting watts with running watts of 1200 only.
These numbers are quite low if compared to other generators that are offering quite high numbers when it comes to running watts.
- The generator provides run time of up to 10 hours on a full tank of gasoline, but that too comes up with a pitfall as well.
- The noise level of this particular generator is quite high as you can get noise level of 65 dBA from a distance of 23 feet.
- The 4 stroke generator of single cylinder is perfect for small home power backup solutions.
1. WEN DF1100T 11,000-Watt 120V/240V Dual Fuel Portable Generator
It can also be used different activities like tailgating, boating, weekend trips, camping, small house jobs, family vacations, and other such stuff.
The generator also includes a 120V 20A household outlet so that that it can be made multipurpose. There is also a voltmeter in the generator that will help you to monitor the power output of the generator in a glance.
This helps to cut down the automatic voltage regulation of the generator as well. Apart from this you also get a year limited warranty along with technical support for lifetime for free from dedicated technical experts. The generator has also got one additional feature and that is the cold start.
Through this feature it gets a lot easier to start the generator in the cold weather as well. The generator has the best safety features. It is extremely portable. It has a voltmeter. Runs up to 10 hours on a single tank of gas. Durable steel frame. Never flat wheels.
Cold start option. The generator makes a lot of sound. Stops after taking some load. One common problem that users face when they have generators is that they don’t get enough indication when the oil is getting low.
This is one thing that needs to be taken care of and the DuroStar DS1050 has done that quite well.
- The generator comes up with a low oil shut off option.
- Through this option, the generator will automatically shut off if the oil is low in the engine.
- This will protect the engine from running on low oil and will also not cause damage to the engine as well.
This particular feature is important if you want to have a long life of your engine.
- Apart from this the generator also has a powerful DuroStar 2 HP motor to run the generator.
- Starting the generator is one thing that needs to be improved as you have to use the pull option to start it.
- The overall process is easy with the E-Z pull, but having a push start option is what people now look for in the generators.
5. Quipall 4500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator (CARB)
The generator also has a power of 120 V only which is quite low as compared to what other generators are now offering.
The power should be increased so that it can stay competitive with other portable generators as well that are offering more than 1500 watts.
The generator can still power most of the appliances that you have at home. The run time of the generator is also up to 6 hours, which is quite a lot considering the power that it has. But it is because of the fuel efficient motor that gives additional time to run as well. One thing that goes in favor of this particular generator is that it is extremely light weight and can be taken anywhere that you want.
Either it is your campsite or your jobsite? The generator can be taken anywhere and can power your small appliances with ease. The safety features of the generator keep it away from any disaster or damage. The generator has powerful DuroStar motor. Provides 120V power to household appliances. Safety features for low oil.
Fuel efficient motor. Low oil shut off protects from damage. Friendly starting process.
Doesn’t produce power.
- Have to restart it again and again.
- Starting a generator is something that can be a tricky part for many users.
- If a generator can start conveniently then there is nothing better than it.
And Westinghouse WGen7500 provides you with that ease where you can easily start the generator.
- The generator has got a remote start that makes it easy to start it.
- With the help of the remote almost everyone can start the generator with ease.
- There is also an electric and recoil start available in this generator.
9. PRYMAX Portable Power Station, 300W Solar Generator
The power of the generator is also better than most other generators that you can find out in the market.
The generator has a 7500 running watts with peak watts of up to 9000. The fuel tank of the generator is quite big with the fuel gallon tank of 6.6 gallons that also has a fuel gauge.
The fuel gauge will tell you exactly how much fuel is left in the tank so that you have an idea of how many hours of run time is left in the generator. At full fuel, the generator can give run time of up to 16 hours, which is more than enough for anyone.
Apart from this the generator comes with a 12V battery charger, oil and oil funnel that makes it easy to put oil in the generator. The generator requires minimal assembly and the overall assembly process is also very simple. There is a user guide available with the generator that makes it easier for anyone to assemble it with ease.
There are two ground fault circuit interrupter in the generator with all the outlets having rubber covers for additional safety of the generator. The generator also comes with a 3 year warranty as well as nationwide customer service and support network to keep it running.
This particular generator is perfect if you want to use it for DIY projects or for backup power at home.
- The transfer switch of the generator makes it easy for people to power all the necessary appliances when you need them the most.
- The maintenance of the generator is quite simple and hassle free as well compared to other generators that you may find around.
- 420cc OHV engine. Smart switch ready.
Transfer switch ready.
- Push button electric start.
- 7500 running watts and 9500 peak watts.
- 6.6 gallon fuel tank.
6. Champion 1200-Watt Portable Generator
16 hour of run time. Battery often doesn’t hold charge.
The generator trips under load. There are different portable generators that you may find around that have different features.
But there are some generators that stand out from the rest of the generators and the PRYMAX Portable Power Station is one such generator. This particular generator has got a large capacity battery that has updated lithium battery cells. The generator battery is so powerful that you can easily charge your smartphone and laptops multiple times with it.
Not only this, you can also power your televisions, mini refrigerators, and other small items from it in case of power outage. One thing that is low as compared to the other generators is the power that you can get from this generator.
The peak power that you can get is 600 watt while the rated power that you can get from this generator is 300 watt. There are different multiple ports as well in this generator that are not available in other generators.
These ports can fulfill your travel requirements as you can cigarette lighter port, type C quick charge port, and other ports as well.
- Another advantage that this particular generator gives you is that it is extremely compact and portable.
- Often when you are travelling you would need generators that are extremely portable.
- With PRYMAX Portable Power Solution you can get those things easily.
It is easy to carry due to the handle that it has and weighs only 6.5 pounds.
- The overall dimensions are small as well which means that you don’t have to worry about power problems as you can easily carry it in your car trunk without occupying much space.
- There are different AC outlets that make sure that there is safe charge for your devices and clean power is being provided to them.
- With the generator you get a power adapter, a user manual, and a service card as well.
Best Portable Generators Buying Guide
All these things make it easier for you to run the generator with ease anytime anywhere. The generator can be used with CPAP. Overcharging protection. Over power protection. Support powering 300W equipment. Solar generator technology. Proper safety measures are taken. Large battery capacity. Power doesn’t last for too long. Recharging it is a problem. There are different portable power station that operate on lithium battery backup power.
One such generator that works this ways is the Sungzu Portable Power Station that will solve all your power outage anxiety issues.
The generator has got power supply for home and also has outdoor backup through battery for any emergency that you may encounter.