Normally you have to wait for Windows 10 21H2 to become available via Windows update. However, if you want to install Windows 10 21H2 update manually, use the steps in this guide. Before you install Windows 10 21H2 update manually, it is recommended to have at least 10 GB of free space on the drive Windows 10 is installed.
Install Windows 10 version 21H2 via Windows Update.
|Summary||Originating update||Status||Last updated|
|You might see authentication failures on the server or client for services|
Network Policy Server (NPS), Routing and Remote access Service (RRAS), Radius, and other services might fail.
|OS Build 19041.1706|
|Some apps using Direct3D 9 might have issues on certain GPUs|
You might have intermittent issues, apps might close unexpectedly, or you might receive an error.
|OS Build 19041.1682|
Install Windows 10 via the Insider Program.
How To Check The Free Space On Your Windows 10 Install Drive
Open the Windows 10 update page – Microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (link will open in a new browser tab).
|Investigating||OS Build 19041.1706|
|Last updated: 2022-05-11, 19:12 PT|
Opened: 2022-05-11, 18:38 PT
Then, below Windows 10 November 2021 Update, click the Update now button. Your browser will download Windows 10 Update Assistant file to your computer. If you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser, the browser will display Windows 10 Update Assistant file at the bottom left. To initiate the install of Windows 10 21H2 update manually, click the file. When you click the Windows 10 update assistant, Windows 10 will open the User Access Control dialogue box.
Then, on the buttom right of the first page of the Windows 10 Update Assistant, click the Update Now button. The Windows 10 Update Assistant will run a pre-installation check. If your PC meets the requirement to install Windows 10 21H2 Update, the Next button will be available.
To proceed, on the bottom right, click Next. If you do not click Next immediately, the update will start installing automatically. Wait for the installation to reach 100%. Then, proceed to the next step. During this process, you can minimize the Update Assistant and continue working on your PC as normal. Before you perform the next step, save your work. When Windows 10 Update Assistanet finishes installing Windows 10 21H2 Update, a 30-minuite restart count down screen will display. To restart immediately, on the bottom right of the screen, click Restart now.
When you click Restart now, your computer will display a message informing you that Windows 10 Update Assistant will restart your PC.
When the computer is restarted, the installation will proceed.
- During this process, the PC will restart several times. Finally, when Windows 10 Update Assistant finishes installing Windows 10 21H2 update, Windows 10 will display a login screen. Login with your nomal user name and pasword. After you sign in to Windows 10, it will perform the final stages of the update.
- To confirm that Windows 10 21H2 Update installed manually, enter winver into Windows 10 search. Then, open the app – it should display that your Windows 10 is now version 21H2. You can Install Windows 10 21H2 update manually now without having to wait for the update to become available via Windows update.
However, I strongly recommend you check that you have enough free space (at least 10 GB) on the Windows 10 install drive.
|Resolved||OS Build 19041.1682|
|Resolved: 2022-05-10, 15:49 PT|
Opened: 2022-05-10, 09:41 PT
Once you confirm you have enough free space, follow the steps in section 2 of this guide to install Windows 10 21H2 update. I hope you found our latest manual Windows 10 update guide helpful? If you found it helpful, click Yes to Was this helpful?
You may also provide us a more detailed feedback or share your experience on Windows 10 21H2 update. Use the “Leave a Reply” form at the end of this page to share your thoughts. Finally, for more Windows 10 Itechguides, visit our Windows 10 How-to page. You may also find our Work from Home page very helpful. Windows 10, versions 2004, 20H2, 21H1, and 21H2 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. Therefore, the new features in Windows 10, version 21H2 are included in the latest monthly quality update for Windows 10, version 2004, 20H2, and 21H1, but are in an inactive and dormant state.
These new features will remain dormant until they are turned on through the “enablement package,” a small, quick-to-install “master switch” that activates the Windows 10, version 21H2 features.
- The enablement package is a great option for installing a scoped feature update like Windows 10, version 21H2 as it enables an update from version 2004, or 20H2, or 21H1 to version 21H2 with a single restart, reducing update downtime.
- This enables devices to take advantage of new features now. For version 2004, 20H2, and 21H1 devices that receive updates directly from Windows Update, devices automatically get the enablement package by installing the feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2.
If a device is updating from Windows 10, version 1909 or an earlier version, this feature update enablement package cannot be manually installed.
Instead, it is bundled and automatically included with the feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2.
- Note the installation time is not reduced in this scenario. Release Channel. Windows Update and Microsoft Update.
- This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.