DOM Template Parsing Caveats
- You’re browsing the documentation for v2.x and earlier.
Introduction to Vue.js data()
- For v3.x, click here. Now it’s time to take a deep dive!
- One of Vue’s most distinct features is the unobtrusive reactivity system.
- It makes state management simple and intuitive, but it’s also important to understand how it works to avoid some common gotchas.
- In this section, we are going to dig into some of the lower-level details of Vue’s reactivity system.
- This is an ES5-only and un-shimmable feature, which is why Vue doesn’t support IE8 and below.
- The getter/setters are invisible to the user, but under the hood they enable Vue to perform dependency-tracking and change-notification when properties are accessed or modified.
- One caveat is that browser consoles format getter/setters differently when converted data objects are logged, so you may want to install vue-devtools for a more inspection-friendly interface.