Learn how to make POST requests in Vue.js. In front-end development, you’ll often make POST requests when submitting a form. I’ve already described how to make a GET request in Vue.js.
We’ll be using axios, a promise based HTTP client for the browser and node.js, to make this API request. You should replace '/user' with your own URL. Alternatively, you can perform a POST request in axios by passing config to your request.
Hi, I'm Renat 👋.
Introduction to Vue.js Axios
- To save your development time, you can move your app’s base URL to a separate config file.
- And make it change automatically for development and production sites.
- If you find this post useful, please let me know in the comments below.
- Cheers,Renat Galyamov. Want to share this with your friends?👉renatello.com/vue-js-post-request.
PS: Make sure you check other Vue.js tutorials.
|POST||/api/tutorials||create new Tutorial|
|GET||/api/tutorials||retrieve all Tutorials|
|GET||/api/tutorials/:id||retrieve a Tutorial by |
|PUT||/api/tutorials/:id||update a Tutorial by |
|DELETE||/api/tutorials/:id||delete a Tutorial by |
|DELETE||/api/tutorials||delete all Tutorials|
|GET||/api/tutorials?title=[keyword]||find all Tutorials which title contains |
Modified4 months ago. I am trying to post my form using axios, but I am not able to get the data to my backend using expressjs.
POST request using axios with async/await
Your request should be: . Fiddle: https://jsfiddle.net/wostex/jsrr4v1k/3/.
55 gold badges2929 silver badges3434 bronze badges.
- 3434 bronze badges.
- Susanne RingsgwandlSusanne Ringsgwandl.
Below is a quick set of examples to show how to send HTTP POST requests from Vue to a backend API using the axios HTTP client which is available on npm.
Other HTTP examples available:.
- Vue + Axios: GET.
- Vue + Fetch: GET, POST.
Simple POST request with a JSON body using axios
React + Fetch: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. React + Axios: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Angular: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Blazor WebAssembly:GET, POST.
Axios: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE.
Fetch: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE.
With the npm CLI: npm install axios. With the yarn CLI: yarn add axios. This sends an HTTP POST request to the Reqres api which is a fake online REST api that includes a generic /api/
This example sends an article object to the /api/articles route and then assigns the id from the response to the vue component data property articleId so it can be displayed in the component template.
- Example Vue component at https://codesandbox.io/s/vue-axios-http-post-request-examples-ecqqn?file=/app/PostRequest.vue.
- Example Vue component at https://codesandbox.io/s/vue-axios-http-post-request-examples-ecqqn?file=/app/PostRequestAsyncAwait.vue.
- This sends a POST request from Vue using axios to an invalid url on the api then assigns the error message to the errorMessage component state property and logs the error to the console.
- Example Vue component at https://codesandbox.io/s/vue-axios-http-post-request-examples-ecqqn?file=/app/PostRequestErrorHandling.vue.
- This sends the same POST request again from Vue using axios with a couple of headers set, the HTTP Authorization header and a custom header My-Custom-Header.
POST request using axios with error handling
- Axios is an Excellent HTTP library that executes on both client and a server, which makes an API request, does the task to produce the result and specifies easier concepts to read and debug.
- The Axios works well in the platform like node.js and browsers.
Vue.js Axios is a leading framework to Consume REST APIs is easy with them.
Here all the example code is executed in Visual Studio Code with Node.js.
The Structure is given as :.
POST request using axios with set HTTP headers
Using Simple GET request. Vue lacks a built-in HTTP library, so Axios library is recommended to keep interaction with REST API.
So here in this article, we have used JSON PLACEHOLDER API to take a few sample data for the application. Generally, Axios makes HTTP requests like GET, POST, PUT, DELETE.
The methods includes axios.get() and axios.post().
Installing axios from npm
Axios has good benefits like supports older versions of browsers, JSON package transformations, and supports the upload process.
The Following working Steps to be followed:.
A real-life example of POST request in Vuex
1.Installation- Axios. 2.Creating Vue.js App to start vue CLI app.
- To install vue-Axios (HTTP Client), the following command is used:.
- Node JS Training Program (3 Courses, 7 Projects)3 Online Courses | 7 Hands-on Projects | 25+ Hours | Verifiable Certificate of Completion | Lifetime Access 4.5 (8,225 ratings).
Examples of Vue.js Axios
The following sample code is reflected in main.js. To run a Vue app. This directs to http://localhost:8080. Installing Vue Dependencies.
The next step is to create Components; it is done like src -> Components and adds the code inside the component files.
Finally, the sample demonstration is given in Example 1.
To start an application, HTML declaration is done, which acts as a front-end UI.