|Look up Vue or vue in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
(Redirected from Evan You).
- Vue.js features an incrementally adaptable architecture that focuses on declarative rendering and component composition.
- The core library is focused on the view layer only. Advanced features required for complex applications such as routing, state management and build tooling are offered via officially maintained supporting libraries and packages..
- Vue.js allows for extending HTML with HTML attributes called directives. The directives offer functionality to HTML applications, and come as either built-in or user defined directives.
- Vue was created by Evan You after working for Google using AngularJS in several projects.
- He later summed up his thought process: "I figured, what if I could just extract the part that I really liked about Angular and build something really lightweight."
Ready for More?
-  The first source code commit to the project was dated July 2013, and Vue was first released the following February, in 2014.
- Version names are often derived from manga and anime, most of which are within the science fiction genre.
- When a new major is released ie v3.y.z, the last minor ie 2.x.y will become a LTS release for 18 months (bug fixes and security patches) and for the following 18 months will be in maintenance mode (security patches only)..
- Vue components extend basic HTML elements to encapsulate reusable code.
- At a high level, components are custom elements to which the Vue's compiler attaches behavior.
- In Vue, a component is essentially a Vue instance with pre-defined options.The code snippet below contains an example of a Vue component.
- The component presents a button and prints the number of times the button is clicked:.
The Pi who loved me: Licensed to SSL
- Vue uses an HTML-based template syntax that allows binding the rendered DOM to the underlying Vue instance's data.
- All Vue templates are valid HTML that can be parsed by specification-compliant browsers and HTML parsers.
- Vue compiles the templates into virtual DOM render functions. A virtual Document Object Model (or "DOM") allows Vue to render components in its memory before updating the browser.
- Combined with the reactivity system, Vue can calculate the minimal number of components to re-render and apply the minimal amount of DOM manipulations when the app state changes.
Composing with Components
- Vue users can use template syntax or choose to directly write render functions using hyperscript either through function calls or JSX. Render functions allow applications to be built from software components..