Axios is an Excellent HTTP library that executes on both client and a server, which makes an API request, does the task to produce the result and specifies easier concepts to read and debug.
Here all the example code is executed in Visual Studio Code with Node.js.
The Structure is given as :. Using Simple GET request.
- Vue lacks a built-in HTTP library, so Axios library is recommended to keep interaction with REST API.
- So here in this article, we have used JSON PLACEHOLDER API to take a few sample data for the application.
Generally, Axios makes HTTP requests like GET, POST, PUT, DELETE.
The methods includes axios.get() and axios.post(). Axios has good benefits like supports older versions of browsers, JSON package transformations, and supports the upload process.
The Following working Steps to be followed:. 1.Installation- Axios. 2.Creating Vue.js App to start vue CLI app.
To install vue-Axios (HTTP Client), the following command is used:. Node JS Training Program (3 Courses, 7 Projects)3 Online Courses | 7 Hands-on Projects | 25+ Hours | Verifiable Certificate of Completion | Lifetime Access 4.5 (8,235 ratings).
The following sample code is reflected in main.js. To run a Vue app. This directs to http://localhost:8080. Installing Vue Dependencies.
The next step is to create Components; it is done like src -> Components and adds the code inside the component files. Finally, the sample demonstration is given in Example 1. To start an application, HTML declaration is done, which acts as a front-end UI.
Secondly, to perform Vue.js Component. Lastly, add API to the vue.js Component.
To handle errors in the Axios library ‘catch’ method is preferred as we use this in case of any network failure while requesting data.
- Using the Loading indicator while the page takes too much time to the respond from the backend.
- In this section, we shall see how to use Vue.js and Axios together. Showing Simple Request Page. Next, this Java Script part shows application Logic. We have used mount () to the API to make a request, and the results are saved.
Creating Basic Vue Application by building an HTML Page by creating html in editor.
- Fetching data from API’s through Vue.js Axios. Explanation: To do this, we have already created a project in Vue using Vue-CLI, and next is by installing the Axios library as shown in the above Screenshot. So this example fetches data from the JSON API, which is created already, and we get that request by .get () in the code.
And now the output looks like this when you open a browser. Fetching data from the third party. Code: index.html. By now, we have understood the functionality of the application and the fundamentals.
This article would be a pretty starting point to handle API calls in any application and helpful in future projects.
- Therefore, we have achieved here how to send an HTTP request to the Node.js and fetches respective data from the database.
- This is a guide to Vue.js Axios. Here we discuss How Axios works in Vue.js and Examples along with the codes and outputs.
- You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –. You’re browsing the documentation for v2.x and earlier. For v3.x, click here.
There are many times when building application for the web that you may want to consume and display data from an API.