A new JS framework appears each month and there are too many options to choose from. While some frameworks are great for a big project, others are the perfect match for a simple app.
You may also like: Everything React: Tutorials for Beginners and Experts Alike.
So, you decided to create a website with some intricate features. But, do you need JS frameworks for that? By using a framework you can reduce development time. Frameworks mean there's no need to worry about session handling, authentication logic, and other functions. As a result, frameworks speed up the development time and reduce costs.
Need Help Building a Custom Web Application?
Well-organized app infrastructure. Frameworks already have a well-organized skeleton structure. Besides, they separate interface files from business logic.
Feature-rich app. You can use add-ons, themes, and widgets created by framework developers. Advanced security.
The JS frameworks have advanced security because the framework itself takes care of it. From this perspective, you should not have to worry about hackers who can destroy your app.
Part 3: Migrations
React vs Angular vs Vue: Common Characteristics
- Ready-made code. Frameworks provide users with many built-in components, including user management functionality.
- Thus, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. The bottom line. By using JS frameworks, you can create a comprehensive web app in the short term.
- Besides, JS frameworks cut the development cost because they include built-in functions. Vue.js, Angular, and React are the most popular solutions for front-end development.
- [ JS frameworks with the biggest number of stars on Github ]. Vue.js is a JS library developed by a former Google employee, Evan You, in 2014.
- By this, he means that developers can add other libraries, like Vue Router, to the Vue core.
- You can find even more add-ons on the official Vue.js website. Vue powers such famous sites as 9gag, Alibaba, Adobe.
Vue Vs. React Vs. Angular Comparison
- About 28.8% of JS developers use Vue for their projects.
- According to Upwork, the hourly rate of Vue.js developer ranges from $25 to $70.
- Vue is rated 125k stars on Github, which is the biggest amount of stars among all JS frameworks.
- Besides, Vue has 18k forks and has 253 contributors.
[Image source: Dev.to]. Now, let us take a closer look at Vue.js, its advantages, and disadvantages. Vue.js main advantages. The entire ecosystem is both small and fast. After gzipping, Vue file size is only 18kB, while other framework files are from 29kB.
Vue has a straightforward syntax. Web developers, with previous experience in other JS frameworks, can understand Vue. Therefore, they can start working without spending hours at forums to find out how Vue js works. With detailed Vue documentation, even an inexperienced developer can create a working web app.
Vue has a small development team. This is why the framework is not capable of running and supporting big projects.
Top 6 Things to Consider Before Choosing a front-end Framework
Angular has MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture. How does Angular work? It allows developers to divide the app component into three groups for better maintenance, which works great, especially for large-scale and feature-rich applications.
Currently, Angular powers YouTube, Telegram, PayPal, and Upwork websites. The total number of sites powered by AngularJS and Angular 2 frameworks, is over 350k. State Of JS survey ranked Angular the second most popular JS framework in 2018.
This is a platform of choice for 23,9% of all front-end developers. The hourly rate of an Angular developer may vary from $20 to $78, according to Upwork.
Angular has 44.5k stars, 11.5k forks, and 840 contributors on Github. [Image source: Dev.to]. Angular main advantages. Code consistency. High code consistency results in better app maintenance. Angular provides users with services and components, similar to Lego blocks. Thus, developers can perform different tasks at the same time.
Angular has a component-based structure.
This way, your team can reuse the Angular components across the web app. Angular has an original MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture. There is no need to split the code into different components, and then, create an inner logic to unite them.
Angular main disadvantages. Angular has a complex syntax which results in a steep learning curve. Therefore, the Angular learning curve might be too challenging, as well as trying to find a developer for your Angular project. Another Angular drawback is the difficulty with backward compatibility.
React vs. Angular vs. Vue: The Project Management Approach
- The framework does not allow direct migration.
- Still, Angular documentation includes tips on how to deal with it.
- React is a JS library created by Facebook developers.
Apart from the pure React library, developers can use other React versions.
They include React Native for mobile apps, ReactJS.NET for cross-platform apps, and DevTools to inspect the React component hierarchies.